Game of Thrones (TV Spoilers allowed, Book spoilers not allowed)

Rajiv

ofcourse they will now come out with statements how pissed they are. They have to otherwise apple tv and amazon prime and paying hbo subscribers will be pissed at hbo. But HBO know this is good for them. Its a bit like the James Gandolphini death. People who did not even see the Sopranos bought the box sets and sales rocketed. They even made a tribute film to him and leaked it online and even that made them good profits. (which they split with James' estate)

See I feel bad for them this time as because of piracy they released it on Internet and also released it or planned to release in 170 countries India included at very small time frame like day or 2 or even that exact day . So you can see episode in India the day it's shown in USA . Piracy still happened after wards but leak is different thing it's like movies leaking before release and they rarely do well .
the feck do you care about these people. They make peanuts from releasing to places like India. So long as the primary content producer is making handsome profits that means the series future is secured. Do not feel bad for HBO. They are making tremendous profits out of this. There is even going to be a Game of Thrones musical.

the feck do you care about these people. They make peanuts from releasing to places like India. So long as the primary content producer is making handsome profits that means the series future is secured. Do not feel bad for HBO. They are making tremendous profits out of this. There is even going to be a Game of Thrones musical.
It's because to tackle piracy they took very positive steps and tried to adapt and even in India which won't give them lot of money they decided to show in proper way so I think it's unfair :giggle: Let's see how it ends ...from what I have seen news has still not caught on but soon it's gonna get big :nervous:

HBO made profits of $1.7 bilz on revenue of $4.9 bilz in 2014 - that is HUGE considering the revenue is a mere $4.9 bilz. They get a lot of money off merchandize, especially from a show like GoT which is a natural fit for merchandize. I'm quite sure we will soon see a GoT theme park also.

Downloaded all 4 episodes a few hours ago....now I'm thinking whether I should watch them or not. If I watch them and the rest don't leak then I will have to wait 4 weeks for episode 5 - that would torture :sad: On the other hand I also dont want to wait 1 week for each episode to come out starting tomorrow :confused:

I dont know why you guys are finding them disappointing. I found the second episode as brilliant. Maybe you guys binge watched it in one go thats why?
Yes, 2nd episode was the best of the 4 so far. But overall the 4 so far have not been up there with previous seasons so far IMO.

They have deviated in a big way from the books right? Thats the first impression i get. Wont go into details. But I had to look up the books cause i was pretty sure it did not happen.
Yes. A lot of deviations from the books but I guess we will know the full scope of the deviations once the season ends.

It was GoT - there were always going to be sky high expectations. And I'm not alone in being disappointed' date=' a large number of people who saw episode 1 today didn't find if too exciting.[/quote'] I like to watch TV shows and Movies in that way. I just check IMDb some movies I want to watch which I know and if the ratings are high then I watch the negative reviews (These are always there) so that I can reduce my expectations :hysterical: And that way I can savour the movie/tv show more that I'd do with more expectations. :dance: I liked the first episode. Not up to the level of previous seasons though, there are deviations from the book.

Yes' date=' 2nd episode was the best of the 4 so far. But overall the 4 so far have not been up there with previous seasons so far IMO.[/quote'] I havent yet watched the other two episodes. I am deliberately watching them with break because i know binge watching takes away the impact. GOT will always be the best. B->