Isn't he one of the most elegant batsman around??

Mark Waugh is not the kind of player who stands up tall and hammers a good length ball over mid-wicket for a one bounce four Chandan.
No, he would stand up tall and caress it through the off - along the ground. Almost anyone can hoik the ball over midwicket. Read the post about my sixes. :wink_smile:
Michael Vaughan played similar shots in this series. I'd say the best shot of the series was Tendulkar's back-foot punch straight down the ground for 4. This was during his first innings at the Oval. Only Tendulkar could have played that shot.
True, amazing shot. Laxman is the only one who can better tendulkar in those touch shots.

VVS Laxman, is going to be playing his first match for my local county team (Lancashire) as of tomorrow. I think it is a great move from him to still play in England while India are here too. Obviously tomorrow my focus is on India's game but i will be following VVS progress too and hopefully goto watch a couple of lancashire matches in the coming weeks. jukkha

Ponting/Dravid are very ugly to watch. It's a personal opinion. Dravid's wait for bad ball to score attitude is helpful for the team' date=' but he can't push the gas-pedals when he wants. He is a blocker and their cricket is ugly to watch.[/quote'] Then I am afraid , aesthetic is probably not the right word for this discussion. As i said , Dravid is as aesthetic as aesthetic can get. In fact, his down-on-one-knee cover drive is probably the most aesthetic shot played in world cricket today.
Then I am afraid , aesthetic is probably not the right word for this discussion. As i said , Dravid is as aesthetic as aesthetic can get. In fact, his down-on-one-knee cover drive is probably the most aesthetic shot played in world cricket today.
I would rate it slightly behind the back foot cover drive and the front foot straight drive that SRT plays.