Chidambaram has lost it

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

I was reading some column of M J akbar where he mentions P Chidamabarma after the public-outcry over price rise of 1 to 2 Rs on eseential items like flour/rice/milk, quipped " I don't undertsand the public outcry over this small price increase. When people can happily pay more price for bottled water I wonder why this boruhaha over flour price increse." I castigate leaders like Laloo everyday but not even in million years someone like laloo will be so disconnected from the reality and make a comment like Chidamabarm did. Chidamabarm saheb has no idea about who gets affected by bottled water price icnrease and who bear brunt of flour price increase. India needs laloo/nitish/mulayam/mayawati type leader in order to remind these harvard graduates when they lose it completely.

DR , you cant put ALL the blame on him. One has to strike a balance between populist politics and economic prudence. The way Chidambaram put it , may have been insensitive, but you must understand the necessity of that decision.

Guest dada_rocks

I know the balance thing but to make statment like this is criminal.. He sud have known those who are crying over this price-rise do not buy bottled water. When u live on 50 rs a day a kind of salary in a family of four where there is no guarantee that u will get job next day; 1/2 Rs is big time money..

" I don't undertsand the public outcry over this small price increase. When people can happily pay more price for bottled water I wonder why this boruhaha over flour price increse." Yeah..I heard that. That statement is probably the most ignorant and insensitive statement I have ever heard. The "Marie Antoinette" of India?????

Guest dada_rocks

I don't think milk is subsidized, flour is.. in fact all those public sector units like mother dairy sell milk at higher rates than ur nearby khataal.

^^ Milk is not subsidized. Most of the milk/milk based products in India come from Co-operatives like Amul, Mothers Dairy, Sudha and so on. They are all well run, free from Govt clutches and make good competitive products. If I am not mistaken Amul now has a good overall world presence too. I still think Amul's butter beats what I find in local US grocery store.

Guest dada_rocks

Yes they are top-notch thanks to operation flood and vergesee kurian's leadership...... In gujrat where the AMUL is centred milk collection system runs semalessly and even in far flung villages anyone with a buffalo can earn upto 2000 rs without any hassle...:two_thumbs_up:... We have little organization called sudha dairy even in bihar which has been doing well consistently even during laloo regime, it needs to fruther spread its wings though ........ Not only that in fact NDDB runs a top ranked management institute in B grate business school called IRMA. . I guess that's the only management insitutute in india with emphasis on rural small industries management.......Forget about mainstream education there is sthg about that institute so far three of my friend/relative coming out of that insitutte have ended up working in some NGO deep inside in jharkhand's woods refusing cushy position in private banks.

Yes they are top-notch thanks to operation flood and vergesee kurian's leadership
Yep Verghese Kurien(Amul) and MS Swaminathan(Green Revolution) are two unsung heroes that have really changed India. It is a matter of shame that these two gentlemen would never get the same attention as a Narayanmurthi or Azim Premji.
In gujrat where the AMUL is centred milk collection system runs semalessly and even in far flung villages anyone with a buffalo can earn upto 2000 rs without any hassle...:two_thumbs_up:... We have little organization called sudha dairy even in bihar which has been doing well consistently even during laloo regime, it needs to fruther spread its wings though ........
Kya baat karte ho guru? Sudha is pretty darn popular. Not only in Bihar but it is "exported" to other Indian states, specially Bengal and further. You have to realize ke milk products mein you need good transport. And unfortunately this is where Bihar lags. Still Sudha is doing pretty darn good. Within Bihar there are lot of Sudha Dairy "plants" where local farmers bring in milk everyday. By the way that big milk thingy at Barauni? Is that Sudha dairy?
Not only that in fact NDDB runs a top ranked management institute in B grate business school called IRMA. . I guess that's the only management insitutute in india with emphasis on rural small industries management.......Forget about mainstream education there is sthg about that institute so far three of my friend/relative coming out of that insitutte have ended up working in some NGO deep inside in jharkhand's woods refusing cushy position in private banks.
IRMA naam to suna hai but details nahin maloom hai. Good to see we have Institutes like this though. :two_thumbs_up: xx

Guest dada_rocks

Barauni, muzaffarpur vaishali, arrah kai jagah hai uska processing centre........ Still due to lack fo infrastructure milk-collestion doesn't reach far and wide, again even here local mithai wala shop might complain but those who actually raise cattle are happy because they have hassle-free customer in sudha dairy.. same thing reliance has unveiled in vegetable/food-grains etc produce. IRMA bole to Institute of Rural Managment Anand ( Take IIM XLRI FMS ISB out and IRMA becomes top-ranked institute.. Most sought after insituttue for admisison through MAT ( managment admisison test)

^^ Gaya mein hai ek processing centre. Or should I say Gaya mein bhi ek tho processing center hai! :haha: Sudha peda are top notch. Khoa bhi mast milta hai. It is pretty common to see Sudha milk depot in every locality these days, almost like the good old STD booths

Guest dada_rocks

Han recently meri dadi ka dehawsan ho gaya tha abjo hota hai apne bihar mein falana babu ki maan mari hai fir subsequent hoj bhi usi level ka hona chahiye........ agar us bhoj ke liye hamen khud se milk collect karna parta pr process karna parta fir to halat kharab ho jati .. ye panch ganv ka bhoj.. par sudha dairy ke hone se bas order de dene ka utana rasogulla paneer khoya sab pahuncha dete hain akdam time se bina koi tension liye...... ek tho meri or bhi khul raha hai sitamrhi mein:haha:

^^ Yes Sudha is pretty good that way. I must say I have never tested their rasgoola though. How is it? Is it the white waala ya kala jamun? The good thing is today you get fat-free milk too. There is also the wheat bread for people who dont want calories from white bread, maida waala.

Guest dada_rocks

white wala, kala wala to kala-jamoon hota hai. yaar.. kaisan bihari barun marde:haha:. Ak chutkula suniye: ak bhoj mein ak balak paros raha tha aloo-parwal ki sabji.. chillaye ja raha tha.. aloo-parwala aloo-parwal.. ak banda baith ke kha raha tha wo rokta hai use aur poochata hai.. are ismien parwal kahan hai jo aloo-parwal chilla rahe ho........ fir jo parosanewala tha wo boltaa hai.. gulab-zamoon khaye hain.. usmein kahin pe gumab ya jamoon rahta hai:giggle:

:hysterical::hysterical: saala that has to be pukka Bihari joke!! Bahut din ho gaya guru parwal ka tarkaari khaaye huye. My Mom makes great bhara hua parwal ka sabzi and bhujiya. Ekdam masaala maar ke..wah wah. That reminds me, Sandeep pooch reha tha ek din. Tumhare side mein pepchi ko kya kahte hain? Arbiyaan kya?

Guest dada_rocks

tarkaari :haha:usse bhi ganwara wala word hai teeman:haha: parwal wo paneer/raisn sab bhar ke.. bihar mein to parwal ki mithai bhi hoti hai pepchi to pahle batao bhai kya hota hai.. fir ham batayen bihari name iska

pepchi to pahle batao bhai kya hota hai.. fir ham batayen bihari name iska
Arre yaar am I the only person that has had Pepchi?? :hmmmm: Let me describe it. It would be almost the size of a parwal or a small ghia. Shaped like ginger, almost similar skin, same colour. You make sabzi or bhujia from it. You know ol na? Bas imagine ginger types ol. Kuch yaad aaya? xxx