The US Open 2012

Cricketics

Berdych takes first set off Murray and if he continues like this I can see a win for him in three sets. He is in top form, full of confidence. He is making some really audacious shots, particularly crosscourt forehand bouncing just inside baseline. Murray has somhow managed to stay in game till very late in this set but he can give up soon.

Berdych takes first set off Murray and if he continues like this I can see a win for him in three sets. He is in top form' date=' full of confidence. He is making some really audacious shots, particularly crosscourt forehand bouncing just inside baseline. Murray has somhow managed to stay in game till very late in this set but he can give up soon.[/quote'] :(( couldn't have been more wrong with my prediction. I went to sleep immediately after first set and in morning saw that Murray won in 4 sets...!!

I missed an EPIC because of odd timing. 1 30 AM start in India :-(. Congratulations to Murray for maiden Grand Slam title and for fending off Djoko when he was making that comeback in match from 2-0 tom 2-2. I am pretty sure that all Murray fans would have been very very nervous at the end of set 4. It's almost impossible task to deny Djokovich from such situations and even biggest guns like Nadal and Federer failed to do so. Kudos to Andy..!! There would be more down the line. PS - I heard there was a rally of 55 shots in this match and there was one with 30 shots. Can anybody post videos for those.

yeah the first SET game three or four there was a 55 shot rally which was just immense, still in terms of quality this was probably not as good as Rafa-Novak Aus O final or last years USO Final (which I didnt watch sadly) ...that was largely because of the windy conditions bringing about errors, esp in the first set...still what a match, several brutal rallies as youd expect I managed to watch first 3 sets yesterday and the start of the 4th before it got too late here in UK...and after 2 sets down I didnt see Novak coming back, more fool me for that too- this is the guy who beat Fed after being two sets down last year after all...I wanted Novak to win but happy for Murray he more than deserves it, about bloody time... good to see someone out of the big 3 get a slam too...Im glad it wasnt Wimbledon Murray won the nation would have had a collective orgasm, would have been unbearable...

yeah the first SET game three or four there was a 55 shot rally which was just immense, still in terms of quality this was probably not as good as Rafa-Novak Aus O final or last years USO Final (which I didnt watch sadly) ...that was largely because of the windy conditions bringing about errors, esp in the first set...still what a match, several brutal rallies as youd expect I managed to watch first 3 sets yesterday and the start of the 4th before it got too late here in UK...and after 2 sets down I didnt see Novak coming back, more fool me for that too- this is the guy who beat Fed after being two sets down last year after all...I wanted Novak to win but happy for Murray he more than deserves it, about bloody time... good to see someone out of the big 3 get a slam too...Im glad it wasnt Wimbledon Murray won the nation would have had a collective orgasm, would have been unbearable...
so true.. :cantstop: Now I hope Fred Parry would be disturbed much less and can rest in relative peace in his grave.

to be fair a lot of british people hate him and support whoever his opponent is. and he himself actually hates the english as a proud scot. he even wore a paraguay top when they were playing england in the football world cup a few years ago.
For Britishers, He is British when he wins and he is Scot when he loses.

to be fair a lot of british people hate him and support whoever his opponent is. and he himself actually hates the english as a proud scot. he even wore a paraguay top when they were playing england in the football world cup a few years ago.
Not any more, he is pretty popular now. A lot of haters have been converted recently. He has also toned down his hatred of the English in recent years (it blatantly still exists but his PR team have obviously told him that he will become more likeable if he does not express his anti-England sentiment). Anyway, he deserves this win, he has played some excellent tennis recently.

Not any more' date=' he is pretty popular now. A lot of haters have been converted recently. He has also toned down his hatred of the English in recent years [b'](it blatantly still exists but his PR team have obviously told him that he will become more likeable if he does not express his anti-England sentiment). Anyway, he deserves this win, he has played some excellent tennis recently.
Really?? Why do you say that?...The Wimbledon final turned things around insfoar as his imgae was concerned..that Paraguay shirt incident Im not sure if it even happened or if it rumour...anyway he was goaded by a journo and it was like 6 years ago