Shouldn't Dhoni also resign as test captain ?

Yes he was replaced as captain by Azhar in '97 and then returned for a second stint in '99 before quitting.
Remember reading about this in 'The Week' how that decision was influenced by a cartel of bookies operating alongside some board officials. Also that the selectors were unhappy that Sachin was not in agreement with their choices and was trying to pick and chose players he thought deserved a place. Not sure how true was that but Azhar at that time was not in a very good form.
You see what you want to see - it depends on the question you ask. In the current team' date=' [b']if selectors decide to change the captaincy it is not as if Dhoni will create a ruckus. He will just get on with a job.
And we should thank Dhoni for that? We should be appreciative of Dhoni because Sirji will not create a ruckus?
That is as much of an assumption as how Dhoni is hanging to his Kursi. Infact the latter probably will have more substantial scenarios explaining why
It's funny that only you are free to choose your assumptions but not me.
And we should thank Dhoni for that? We should be appreciative of Dhoni because Sirji will not create a ruckus?
How did you come to the "Thank You quotient" factor? You want to "Thank" thank him if you do not make an effigy of MS Dhoni and burn it in all states of the US - you are free to do what you want to. The core point is as follows - CG says there is a difference of tone earlier in Dhoni versus now. I say there isn't - simple. Not the first time, I would agree to disagree.
It's funny that only you are free to choose your assumptions but not me.
Ok let's see if I get the answer by a fanboy or a cricket fan. Keep aside all the theories like CSK,Rhiti,Delhi/Dhoni Quota wars etc going on here. a)Was he a complete failure across all 3 formats? b)If yes,Shouldn't he be removed? c)If he hasn't been removed by the shady politcos and corporates at BCCI,Shouldn't he try to better himself as a captain or step down if he has a moral obligation? I have gone a full circle and gone back to the basics without any conspiracy theories,etc....interesting to know your take for what was a very basic question.
How did you come to the "Thank You quotient" factor? You want to "Thank" thank him if you do not make an effigy of MS Dhoni and burn it in all states of the US - you are free to do what you want to. The core point is as follows - CG says there is a difference of tone earlier in Dhoni versus now. I say there isn't - simple. Not the first time, I would agree to disagree.
Your earlier interpretation of Dhoni's statement was that it was an offer of resignation:
Dravid did not offer to resign but took responsibility. Similarly' date=' Dhoni also offered to resign. He clearly said, "If there is anyone whom the selectors feel will do that role better, he is ready to step down" in Australia. Why did that miss your consideration?[/quote'] Now your interpretation is that Dhoni won't create a ruckus if replaced. So which is it? :confused:
You are misinterpreting his comment - he still says the same thing. If anyone is appropriate to replace' date=' come & take the job from him. It is the selector's job to decide the captain.[/quote'] You mean the same selectors whose unanimous decision to replace Dhoni was "vetoed" by dhoni's partner in crime and CSK owner (who has every biased reason to let Dhoni remain captain because of brand value to his personal franchise CSK) Srini? Face it, these guys (Srini+Dhoni) weild too much power currently, its just not cricket anymore

I'll admit than I am a big Dhoni fan. But Dhoni's time is up. He should go as test captain. Not because some new leadership is going to turn things around. Regardless of the leadership, we can't win test matches with this bowling attack, its simply not good enough to take 20 wickets. That coupled with batting failures => we will suffer humiliations. Dhoni should go because he is unwilling to make changes and is a roadblock to any progression. I guess the entire team is in a "I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine" mode. They frackers need each other's support to stay in the team. They have made full use of their stardom they have built from past performances. That said, am not sure the board/selectors are going to change anything for the Australia series. They are gonna hope that this team will turn it around. The fact that they would go to the extent of motivating this guy with a MoM award suggests they can't look past Dhoni.

Ok let's see if I get the answer by a fanboy or a cricket fan. Keep aside all the theories like CSK,Rhiti,Delhi/Dhoni Quota wars etc going on here. a)Was he a complete failure across all 3 formats? b)If yes,Shouldn't he be removed? c)If he hasn't been removed by the shady politcos and corporates at BCCI,Shouldn't he try to better himself as a captain or step down if he has a moral obligation? I have gone a full circle and gone back to the basics without any conspiracy theories,etc....interesting to know your take for what was a very basic question.
a) Tests, T20s - Yes. ODIs - 50/50 b) Tests, T20s - Yes. ODIs - Not sure as yet but bordering towards being removed c) It is a matter of personal choice - in an ideal word obviously YES but you & I can not answer that question unless we are in that situation. So my take is we should not take a decision for someone else OR even if we do let us not get into judging books by the cover. Cricket is easy to play on a 22-inch couch than a 22-yard pitch.
Your earlier interpretation of Dhoni's statement was that it was an offer of resignation: Now your interpretation is that Dhoni won't create a ruckus if replaced. So which is it? :confused:
My earlier interpretation of Dhoni's statement is as follows - I will continue my job as asked me to do so. Captaincy is not a right but a responsibility and people have entrusted that on me. My job is not to think whether I am the right man, my job is to respect the fact that someone has entrusted me the responsibility and carry on doing it. If they deem fit for me not to be in the job, so be it. My job is not to pick the captain of the Indian cricket team.
My earlier interpretation of Dhoni's statement is as follows - I will continue my job as asked me to do so. Captaincy is not a right but a responsibility and people have entrusted that on me. My job is not to think whether they I am the right man, my job is to respect the fact that someone has entrusted me the responsibility and carry on doing it. If they deem fit for me not to be in the job, so be it.
That's hardly an offer of resignation as you were claiming it to be.
My earlier interpretation of Dhoni's statement is as follows - I will continue my job as asked me to do so. Captaincy is not a right but a responsibility and people have entrusted that on me. My job is not to think whether they I am the right man, my job is to respect the fact that someone has entrusted me the responsibility and carry on doing it. If they deem fit for me not to be in the job, so be it.
When he knows very well that the entire team of selectors wanted him gone and he was just retained as a favor by his "Boss", Srini, then what face does he have to even claim that he was "entrusted" with the job? Complete B.S.
You mean the same selectors whose unanimous decision to replace Dhoni was "vetoed" by dhoni's partner in crime and CSK owner (who has every biased reason to let Dhoni remain captain because of brand value to his personal franchise CSK) Srini? Face it' date=' these guys (Srini+Dhoni) weild too much power currently, its just not cricket anymore[/quote'] So is that Dhoni's problem if selectors are douche bags? You attribute blame to Dhoni for his defensive captaincy, stagnation, low performance etc. But please FFS stop blaming him (or anyone) for other issues.
So is that Dhoni's problem if selectors are douche bags? You attribute blame to Dhoni for his defensive captaincy' date=' stagnation, low performance etc. [b']But please FFS stop blaming him (or anyone) for other issues.
Can he be blamed for using his clout to get his buddies in?
When he knows very well that the entire team of selectors wanted him gone and he was just retained as a favor by his "Boss"' date=' Srini, then what face does he have to even claim that he was "entrusted" with the job? Complete B.S.[/quote'] Thanks for explaining what is going through MS Dhoni's mind - probably you could tell us which team we would pick for the next game or when he would take a shower tomorrow as well.
Thanks for explaining what is going through MS Dhoni's mind - probably you could tell us which team we would pick for the next game or when he would take a shower tomorrow as well.
A selector claimed that they were in favour of removing Dhoni but were vetoed by someone in the BCCI. Now if you believe Dhoni was a silent spectator in this entire decision, you are free to do so. Just that it doesnt seem plausible in the light of Dhoni heading the BCCI president's own franchise and his own brand value getting adversely affected after being removed from the captaincy and consequently affecting the brand value of the franchise.