Shouldn't Dhoni also resign as test captain ?

Things can be spun whichever way you want to - IF that has happened he should be blamed but please table some concrete evidence for it. If not' date= Padosis also claim 3rd ODI was fixed.
Dude...sometimes there is no conspiracy,things are as clear as they seem.....RP Singh Chawla and Bhajji despite not doing anything relevant for years Jaddu gets dropped for good from LOI squad-makes his way to the test team which I didn't support but did say that selectors had something justifiable on their hands...sneaks back to LOI side Now none of the names mentioned except for maybe Bhajji who is known to be pals with SRT have any other connection apart from Dhoni's friendship and it definetely has gotten them places.
Things can be spun whichever way you want to - IF that has happened he should be blamed but please table some concrete evidence for it. If not' date=' Padosis also claim 3rd ODI was fixed.[/quote'] The evidence is in the fact that out of form players managed by Rhiti magically appear back in the team without doing anything of note in the domestic season. RP singh was called back from a vacation in florida during the England tour. Bhajji was selected for the Mumbai test again after doing nothing of note in the domestic scene. Jadeja continues to get selected despite putting in half decent performances once in a blue moon.
A selector claimed that they were in favour of removing Dhoni but were vetoed by someone in the BCCI. Now if you believe Dhoni was a silent spectator in this entire decision, you are free to do so. Just that it doesnt seem plausible in the light of Dhoni heading the BCCI president's own franchise and his own brand value getting adversely affected after being removed from the captaincy and consequently affecting the brand value of the franchise.
The same selector has a conflict of interest issue and wanted him to removed from CB series as the ODI team captain based on Test matches in Australia. There goes why I should not take the "selectors" word as the Bible. You get me wrong on this part - Dhoni may have had the conflict of interest. It is possible but it's not the only explanation there could be other explanations which may seem unlikely from where you can and I are but are possible nevertheless. To pass on one side (a more convenient way to vent our our anger/frustration at the team's performance) as fait accompli, is false service to the entire human intelligence.
The evidence is in the fact that out of form players managed by Rhiti magically appear back in the team without doing anything of note in the domestic season. RP singh was called back from a vacation in florida during the England tour. Bhajji was selected for the Mumbai test again after doing nothing of note in the domestic scene. Jadeja continues to get selected despite putting in half decent performances once in a blue moon.
Amazing how players managed by Rhiti Sports like Suresh Raina disappear as well. It either works all the way or it does not - you make theories from data, currently you are positing data from theories.
Dude...sometimes there is no conspiracy,things are as clear as they seem.....RP Singh Chawla and Bhajji despite not doing anything relevant for years Jaddu gets dropped for good from LOI squad-makes his way to the test team which I didn't support but did say that selectors had something justifiable on their hands...sneaks back to LOI side Now none of the names mentioned except for maybe Bhajji who is known to be pals with SRT have any other connection apart from Dhoni's friendship and it definetely has gotten them places.
As I said, you see what you want to see. It is not the first time Indian cricket team has had a stupid selection. As a captain/coach of a team, you will always have faith in certain players. For example. Duncan Fletcher never backed Swann but did back Giles, he backed a hack like Sajid Mahmood over a lot of others or used Craig White judiciously. In the case of Giles and White it worked and he was called a genius but for Mahmood he was called a crony. The trick is to call it before it happens every time - hindsight is 20/20 and easy to prove.
The same selector has a conflict of interest issue and wanted him to removed from CB series as the ODI team captain based on Test matches in Australia. There goes why I should not take the "selectors" word as the Bible.
If you are not going to accept the selectors's word as proof then short of videotaped conversations between Dhoni and Srini, nothing is going to be conclusive enough for you. What conflict of interest does Amarnath have btw?
You get me wrong on this part - Dhoni may have had the conflict of interest. It is possible but it's not the only explanation there could be other explanations which may seem unlikely from where you can and I are but are possible nevertheless. To pass on one side (a more convenient way to vent our our anger/frustration at the team's performance) as fait accompli, is false service to the entire human intelligence.
Of course there could be a myriad of possible explanations on why dhoni is stiill the captain. But the most plausible and supported by observation is the one being discussed here. There may be lots of explanations on how human beings came to be on this earth, but the generally accepted one is the scenario most plausible and supported by evidence. Any competitng explanation would have to be accompanied with evidence/inference of its own and merely touting its purported existence cannot be used to argue At the end of the day, the captain stands responsible for the team's performance and it is entirely justified to criticize his performance as skipper (and as a player in tests too) because he is the one who controls field placements, strategy and to a major extent selection too - all three of which were major contributors in our defeat at home. One could argue in his favour if he had one bad series or maybe even two - but the last three major series - we have a scoreline of 10-1 under him over a period of close to 2 years. The remaining two teams (NZ and WI), we were expected to beat anyway. If that is not grounds for the captain's removal, I don't know what is.
Amazing how players managed by Rhiti Sports like Suresh Raina disappear as well. It either works all the way or it does not - you make theories from data' date=' currently you are positing data from theories.[/quote'] Suresh Raina is the worst example you could chose for the point you were making. Raina despite having shown no aptitude for tests, has been repeatedly selected in the team. He is dropped for one odd series and is back for the next one despite glaring technical issues which prevent him from ever being an accomplished test batsman (much like Dhoni) unless he completely reinvents himself for the format.

Dhoni is one of the most clueless test captains I have ever seen. No idea why he is still playing test cricket, let alone being captain. Didn't he say he was going to quit one format? It's quite clear he doesn't have any interest in test cricket. The last thing India needs currently with a team in disarray is a captain like Dhoni.

The same selector has a conflict of interest issue and wanted him to removed from CB series as the ODI team captain based on Test matches in Australia. There goes why I should not take the "selectors" word as the Bible. .
Do you even understand the phrase "conflict of interest"? What is wrong with wanting uniform captain across all formats and thinking that retaining Dhoni as ODI captain might cause him to negatively influence test team too?
Thanks for explaining what is going through MS Dhoni's mind - probably you could tell us which team we would pick for the next game or when he would take a shower tomorrow as well.
Wait, are you claiming Dhoni did not know that the selectors wanted him removed and Srini saved him? What does this have to do with Dhoni's mind?
Amazing how players managed by Rhiti Sports like Suresh Raina disappear as well. It either works all the way or it does not - you make theories from data' date=' currently you are positing data from theories.[/quote'] Lol, Suresh Raina. that dude has been given more chances in all formats than any other Indian player and you bring him up as an example? Has any company in the world has such luck with recruiting players who play regularly in the team? Either Rhiti sports is the most amazing talent scout company in the history of the world who with a 100% success ratio chose players who all go on to become regular members of the national team, or something very fishy is going on
I'll admit than I am a big Dhoni fan. But Dhoni's time is up. He should go as test captain. Not because some new leadership is going to turn things around. Regardless of the leadership, we can't win test matches with this bowling attack, its simply not good enough to take 20 wickets. That coupled with batting failures => we will suffer humiliations. Dhoni should go because he is unwilling to make changes and is a roadblock to any progression. I guess the entire team is in a "I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine" mode. They frackers need each other's support to stay in the team. They have made full use of their stardom they have built from past performances. That said, am not sure the board/selectors are going to change anything for the Australia series. They are gonna hope that this team will turn it around. The fact that they would go to the extent of motivating this guy with a MoM award suggests they can't look past Dhoni.
++ This

I like the way the Aussie selectors are going about their business for the last 1 year... They are not afraid to pick new players and have steadily improved the W/L ratio of the team & have also communicated to the fans the reasons for dropping or selecting a particular player. Everyone may not agree with the selections, but few would doubt their integrity.

Do you even understand the phrase "conflict of interest"? What is wrong with wanting uniform captain across all formats and thinking that retaining Dhoni as ODI captain might cause him to negatively influence test team too?
Amarnath never wanted a uniform captain. Sehwag as test captain, Gambhir as ODI captain and Kohli as T20 captain were his choices. Anyone who has followed Amarnath's ramblings against Dhoni (and his blind defending of Sehwag / Gambhir's loss of runs but them being the captains India needs to have) on Zee News recently will know he has an agenda. Having followed those discussions with him on Zee, it won't be wrong to say he is clearly hurt that he was denied his due of 1 crore which the BCCI gave to ex cricketers saying those for whom benefit matches were organized are not eligible ( Vengsarkar, Kirmani, Vishy being others). That Dhoni needs to go should not be in doubt but to use what Amarnath said as gospel's truth is not correct either.
Amarnath never wanted a uniform captain. Sehwag as test captain, Gambhir as ODI captain and Kohli as T20 captain were his choices. Anyone who has followed Amarnath's ramblings against Dhoni (and his blind defending of Sehwag / Gambhir's loss of runs but them being the captains India needs to have) on Zee News recently will know he has an agenda. Having followed those discussions with him on Zee, it won't be wrong to say he is clearly hurt that he was denied his due of 1 crore which the BCCI gave to ex cricketers saying those for whom benefit matches were organized are not eligible ( Vengsarkar, Kirmani, Vishy being others). That Dhoni needs to go should not be in doubt but to use what Amarnath said as gospel's truth is not correct either.
When was amarnath denied 1 crore? and it is most probably he was denied for wanting dhoni out. Amarnath might prefer shewag,Gambhir over dhoni its his personal choice ,I do not see anything wrong in that and gambhir was scoring runs in odi in cb series in aus too. and he wanted kohli to be odi skipper and gambhir to be test skipper.
New Delhi: Former BCCI selector Mohinder Amarnath told CNN-IBN on Wednesday that BCCI president N Srinivasan, who is also the owner of IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings that MS Dhoni captains, overruled the sacking of the Indian skipper after India's eight consecutive overseas Test defeats in 2011-12. "All five selectors wanted Dhoni to be sacked after India were whitewashed in England and Australia, but BCCI president intervened to allow Dhoni to continue as captain," Amarnarth told IBN18 Editor-in-Chief, Rajdeep Sardesai, on Wednesday. "I considered resigning as selector after I was overruled. We decided to sack Dhoni and replace him with new ODI and Test captains," the former selector said. "Selectors picked Virat Kohli as captain for the tri-series. Dhoni was dropped from the 17-man squad," he said, adding "Dhoni doesn't deserve to be in the team on current performance. Dhoni is not good enough to play Test cricket for India." Throwing Gautam Gambhir's name into the fray, Amarnath, who is known to play and talk with a straight bat, said until someone is asked to captain, we won't know if he is good to lead India or not. "No captain can survive after two whitewashes in overseas series. Replacement for Dhoni will only be known if someone gets a chance. Gambhir should replace Dhoni as captain of the Indian Test team." Amaranth also hightlighted the need to blood youngsters and giving the selectors a "free hand" in picking a team. "Young players have to be given a chance to perform. BCCI should ensure selectors can function in a free and fair manner," he said. The member of India's 1983 World Cup-winning team also suggested that it's time for Sachin Tendulkar to retire. "Sachin should leave the scene quickly, his reflexes have slowed," he opined. Reacting to Amarnath's revelation, IPL chairman,Moron Rajiv Shukla, said, "I don't think it's appropriate for any former selector to make any such statements. This an unnecessary thing. Selectors are independent to take decisions. The board never mounts any pressure on them." Kris Srikkanth, who led the selection panel Amarnath was part of, refused to comment. "I don't want to comment. Everybody has the right to opinion. I would not like to reveal what happened at the selection committee meeting," he said.
When was amarnath denied 1 crore? and it is most probably he was denied for wanting dhoni out. Amarnath might prefer shewag,Gambhir over dhoni its his personal choice ,I do not see anything wrong in that and gambhir was scoring runs in odi in cb series in aus too.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-05-24/news/31838433_1_top-cricketers-chief-selector-dilip-vengsarkar Also read the last line of my post on why he was denied that 1 Cr. Gambhir was scoring runs 12 months ago, he looks like a tail-ender these days and Amarnath still keeps defending him saying captaincy is the tonic he needs to get his form back. When someone asked him "do you mean to say he will not score under any one else' captaincy" his classic reply was "May be possible because Dhoni doesn't encourage him enough". I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one instigating Sehwag-Gauti to have a go at Dhoni in Australia. Also remember he is a visiting coach at Sehwag's International School drawing direct benefits from Sehwag..so next time the conflict of interest is used a reference for Dhoni, same should be done for Amarnath as well for wanting Sehwag as a test captain. Follow what he says on Zee News on their cricket shows.