Indian Cricket Career

Hey, we're creating an online player management game centered around Indian cricket, that is, you begin as a player playing for local clubs and you attempt to break into the State XI, the A/B sides, and finally, if you're one of those talented and skilled few, the national side. The idea is that you train your player to that goal, while cooperating with your fellow players (actual, not computer generated) to ensure both the success of your team and your player. We're restricting ourselves to Indian cricket for now, because, well, we're fans of Indian cricket and we want to see how the first season works out before expanding to include other nations. (Promise - there will be no politics in the selections :angel_smile:) I've posted here because we would appreciate help in coming up with names for the local clubs. There are 432 planned clubs (16 per state and 27 states) for now, so there are plenty of teams to name. Feel free to name however many teams you would like, but try to relate the team names to the state and a bit of humour wouldn't hurt either. No profanities allowed obviously. Other general guidelines, use CC instead of 'Cricket Club' (Chennai CC instead of Chennai Cricket Club) and also, avoid the tag 'XI' at the end of club names. We have a club name submission form up at cricketcareer.net and you can also view the names already submitted to get some ideas and see if your idea has already been used. So, thanks and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Interesting idea. How does it work?
HI there, I'm lead programmer at this project so any questions can be directed at me. As karthikshining said, you basically start off as a low-level club cricketer trying to get in a good performance for your club teams. The club teams are basically divided into states (16 per state, divided into 2 divisions). If you have a good performance for your club, your state may end up selecting you. They may even offer you a contract if your performance is really good. Karthikshining sums it up pretty well from there onwards. What we're looking for currently is, due to our lack of creativity, the names of the clubs new players will be assigned to. If you could suggest a few names (real or made up) for clubs in the game, we would be much obliged. Cheers! :D
HI there, I'm lead programmer at this project so any questions can be directed at me. As karthikshining said, you basically start off as a low-level club cricketer trying to get in a good performance for your club teams. The club teams are basically divided into states (16 per state, divided into 2 divisions). If you have a good performance for your club, your state may end up selecting you. They may even offer you a contract if your performance is really good. Karthikshining sums it up pretty well from there onwards. What we're looking for currently is, due to our lack of creativity, the names of the clubs new players will be assigned to. If you could suggest a few names (real or made up) for clubs in the game, we would be much obliged. Cheers! :D
Welcome to ICFans sohum. How do you achieve a 'good performance'? What parameters are you measured on? Some suggestions for names(really tacky!): Maratha Marauders Bengali Blasters Punjabi Predators Tamil Terrors Kannada Kruisers PS - Site looks good. Could do with some fancy banners.
Welcome to ICFans sohum. How do you achieve a 'good performance'? What parameters are you measured on? Some suggestions for names(really tacky!): Maratha Marauders Bengali Blasters Punjabi Predators Tamil Terrors Kannada Kruisers PS - Site looks good. Could do with some fancy banners.
Good performance is measured based on statistics from your games (weighting higher for first class games compared to domestic games), ratings assigned to you when you first register (and that you can improve with training) and also there is an extra boost if you have a deal with a selector. ;) Thanks for the names. I'll add these to the system but you could use the handy little form over here if you have any more names. :D
I don't quite get this either. Is this an online version of International cricket captain like game?
It's not so much ICC because unlike most other cricket management games, you won't actually be managing a team in this game. You will be managing yourself... so you will basically be playing as yourself and trying to go from your club to state level to national level. After that (hopefully this should take a couple of seasons of play at least :P) I haven't yet decided what happens. :D I would say it is more comparable to Battrick than ICC. Like battrick, you don't have to spend a lot of active time playing the game--in fact you can spend as much or as little time as you want. Domestically the game features the current tournament formats for Ranji Trophy, Deodhar Trophy, Irani Trophy and Ranji OD Tournament. Duleep Trophy is similar to Deodhar (unlike in the actual format--where an international team is invited to compete) because currently the game is confined to India. There is also a club competition for each state, which is divided into two divisions. Clubs in the second division can earn promotion to first division and clubs in the first division can be relegated to second division. You are more likely to be selected to your state team if you play in a first division squad, esp. if you have similar stats as a second division player. Anymore questions are welcome. :D