Books you loved and Hated while studying

theguyinallblue

When I was in eary teens, I was presented a really old computer (you had to connect it to the "TV" - there was no separate Monitor) - forget the model, make etc. Along with that I was given a "xerox" copy of Schaums series BASIC programming. Thats it. No one to teach me programming, nothing, No prior experience etc. I kept reading this book nonstop, trying a zillion things, Fibonacci, Random numbers, some primitive gaming with dots... what not.. I loved this period. Totally self-taught and one of the books that no one forced me to read. (And not really a "book" - it was a rather averagely smudged photocopy of the book). I can never forget that phase where my learning curve was exponential. Also, I liked anything math. The fact that I got a few centums (yep, can boast now :-) ) did help in me liking math at that time. These days have gotten into the BAD HABIT of using PC/calculators! :-( Book that I hate: Zoology in general. Could never get myself interested in Biology (could tolerate Botany, but not really Zoology, since drawing "diagrams" was not one of my forte!) Physics, Chemistry I liked quite alright - with Chemistry rating higher than Physics.

Guest dada_rocks

I preferred I. E. Irodov, yes for basic understanding Resnick was good but numerical problems in that book used to be too straight-forward.

Guest dada_rocks

Maine aaj tak playboy nahi dekha hai.. han mayfair ak huaa karta tha circulation mein jismein shaving blade ka advertisement that( details samajh jao:giggle: )