Ishant Sharma The Fast Bowler Watch Thread

CG

I would still pick Ishant over Dinda. We are not exactly overflowing with riches in the pace bowling department as a lot of Hopefuls here think. I think since his return to LOI scheme of things Ishant has looked to be our best bowler. If someone really laughs at my statement...I hereby nominate them as the greatest optimist Indian fastbowling fan award.

I would still pick Ishant over Dinda. We are not exactly overflowing with riches in the pace bowling department as a lot of Hopefuls here think. I think since his return to LOI scheme of things Ishant has looked to be our best bowler. If someone really laughs at my statement...I hereby nominate them as the greatest optimist Indian fastbowling fan award.
he has not been best bhuvan has been best :finger:
he has not been best bhuvan has been best :finger:
Bhuvan has been good...Just bcoz I want to apreciate Ishant doesn't mean I will bad mouth Bhuvan but Ishant has been bowling in more critical/crucial times in those games...No disrespect but Bhuvan or any other 'newcomer,savior' talent but they would have been slaughtered worse in times Ishant has come into bowl like powerplays,slog overs,etc.
^BTW didn't you say that no way Ishant would be in the LOI scheme of things when we had this conversation after the England test series?:hmmm: News for you buddy,since then,Ishant has comeback to the LOI side and has been doing well,so tough luck
pakis dont count..also he wont get tracks like this and on flat tracks he wil be murdered and unlike bhuvan wont do well even with new ball
pakis dont count..also he wont get tracks like this and on flat tracks he wil be murdered and unlike bhuvan wont do well even with new ball
Why shouldn't Pakis count...they just beat us fair and square in 2 games and if they didn't fix the 3rd game,they would have won that also? Anyways Ishant being the experienced bowler has been entrusted the responsibility to bowl in PP and Slog overs and has done just about average...I don't see the likes of Awana,Shami etc pulling it off. As far as Bhuvan goes...he has been great with the new ball but once he cements his place and starts bowling in the slog overs it will be a run feast to the opposition but he is good where he is right now. After Zak,Irfan is the one guy who is decent for us (by our standards)in those situations and yes,if he is fit,I will play him ahead of Ishant...untill then like it or not,he is our best bet.
Why shouldn't Pakis count...they just beat us fair and square in 2 games and if they didn't fix the 3rd game,they would have won that also? Anyways Ishant being the experienced bowler has been entrusted the responsibility to bowl in PP and Slog overs and has done just about average...I don't see the likes of Awana,Shami etc pulling it off. As far as Bhuvan goes...he has been great with the new ball but once he cements his place and starts bowling in the slog overs it will be a run feast to the opposition but he is good where he is right now. After Zak,Irfan is the one guy who is decent for us (by our standards)in those situations and yes,if he is fit,I will play him ahead of Ishant...untill then like it or not,he is our best bet.
i think it will be run feast with ishant too i said pakis dont count bcos of batting order they had..bowling at death was super easy and ishant actually lost us 1 game...by bowling crap in first odi and not picking up wickets and i did not see first england match ..how did he do there?
i think it will be run feast with ishant too i said pakis dont count bcos of batting order they had..bowling at death was super easy and ishant actually lost us 1 game...by bowling crap in first odi and not picking up wickets and i did not see first england match ..how did he do there?
He did bowl well at the star..had 2 maidens on a flat deck...he did go back to bowling filth in the end :facepalm: but by our very low standards...he is still decent.
He did bowl well at the star..had 2 maidens on a flat deck...he did go back to bowling filth in the end :facepalm: but by our very low standards...he is still decent.
why would u say our standards are low ?:giggle: i honestly believe in last 2 years whenever we have blooded some young bowler he has performed better then these so called seniors... shami did nothing wrong and yet people are finding ways how he will fail:hysterical: thatsj ust after 1 match where he bowled 4 maidens :hysterical: and in last game vs pak ..ishant got wickets late i think nothing great about it even in first game he struggled to built pressure when bhuvan was doing great i never judge bowler by stats ...he bowled in power plays imo its similar how how shami bowled at death if u wont accept shami is good death bowler u cant say ishant did great job in these 3 odis as senior bowler
why would u say our standards are low ?:giggle: i honestly believe in last 2 years whenever we have blooded some young bowler he has performed better then these so called seniors... shami did nothing wrong and yet people are finding ways how he will fail:hysterical: thatsj ust after 1 match where he bowled 4 maidens :hysterical: and in last game vs pak ..ishant got wickets late i think nothing great about it even in first game he struggled to built pressure when bhuvan was doing great i never judge bowler by stats ...he bowled in power plays imo its similar how how shami bowled at death if u wont accept shami is good death bowler u cant say ishant did great job in these 3 odis as senior bowler
I have been watching Indian Cricket for 20+ years now. As I said...Shami might have potential but there is no concrete evidence that he is head and shoulders above Ishant yet....Hell Yadav one of our best finds in cricket recently is not a reliable LOI bowler especially going by his performance on flat decks. I would rather have Ishant+Bhuvan + Shami/Dinda/Insert Tailunt attack than Bhuvan+Insert 2 Tailunts attack. That is why Irfan is such an important LOI player for us.
I have been watching Indian Cricket for 20+ years now. As I said...Shami might have potential but there is no concrete evidence that he is head and shoulders above Ishant yet....Hell Yadav one of our best finds in cricket recently is not a reliable LOI bowler especially going by his performance on flat decks. I would rather have Ishant+Bhuvan + Shami/Dinda/Insert Tailunt attack than Bhuvan+Insert 2 Tailunts attack. That is why Irfan is such an important LOI player for us.
i dont get it..why ishant? ishant too gets smacked on flat decks..so whts ur point? ok i will give him this series but im sure he will remind u how crap he can be
i dont get it..why ishant? ishant too gets smacked on flat decks..so whts ur point? ok i will give him this series but im sure he will remind u how crap he can be
If we are building a team for WC,we need to invest in atleast one experienced bowler...Zak will not be there for 2015...hell i will even say we pulled the plug on Vinny too fast despite investing in him for these many years...he was decent in ODI's. Shami,Umesh,Awana etc might have potential and might make it to the squad but 2 years will not be good enough to lead the attack in a WC. I am all for dumping Ishant from tests but we need him for LOI's
If we are building a team for WC,we need to invest in atleast one experienced bowler...Zak will not be there for 2015...hell i will even say we pulled the plug on Vinny too fast despite investing in him for these many years...he was decent in ODI's. Shami,Umesh,Awana etc might have potential and might make it to the squad but 2 years will not be good enough to lead the attack in a WC. I am all for dumping Ishant from tests but we need him for LOI's
so play a crap bowler just cos he proved he is crap before?:giggle: dude there are still 2 years left and australian tour in between! lets give some experince to our rookies rather then play experienced crap!
so play a crap bowler just cos he proved he is crap before?:giggle: dude there are still 2 years left and australian tour in between! lets give some experince to our rookies rather then play experienced crap!
What makes you think Awana,Shami or any other rookie will do better than Ishant? obviously Just like there is no guarantee that they will do worse than him, I am saying persist with him till we rotate the number 2,No 3 seamers and if we get lucky enough to find 2 new seamers who outshine him then dump him for good but till then...it's safe to go with the Known devil than the unknown one-Best strategy during these dark times.
What makes you think Awana,Shami or any other rookie will do better than Ishant? obviously Just like there is no guarantee that they will do worse than him, I am saying persist with him till we rotate the number 2,No 3 seamers and if we get lucky enough to find 2 new seamers who outshine him then dump him for good but till then...it's safe to go with the Known devil than the unknown one-Best strategy during these dark times.
sorry but ishant has done tnothing to have permanent spot and u cannot drop bhuvan ishant needs to be rotated and honestly after amount of chances he has gotten i think guys like shami deserve a proper run afte great performances at domestic level so we are rewarding experince here even though if it has been useless...it sends bad message imo
sorry but ishant has done tnothing to have permanent spot and u cannot drop bhuvan ishant needs to be rotated and honestly after amount of chances he has gotten i think guys like shami deserve a proper run afte great performances at domestic level so we are rewarding experince here even though if it has been useless...it sends bad message imo
He has done decent enough to be persisted with.....There are always 2 sides to a desicion...can't throw rookies to the deepend especially when the team is flopping. I personally would love to see some exciting prospects replace tied and tested failures but at this point of time and I agai I quote till Irfan's return...Ishant has earned his spot as he has done well enough
He has done decent enough to be persisted with.....There are always 2 sides to a desicion...can't throw rookies to the deepend especially when the team is flopping. I personally would love to see some exciting prospects replace tied and tested failures but at this point of time and I agai I quote till Irfan's return...Ishant has earned his spot as he has done well enough
bud u wont get finished bowlers play these rookies now..big deal we will lose another home series its not like we won last match with experince of isshhhant all im saying is if ishant did well in last series so did shami ahmed in only match he got!:cantstop: why double standards?
What makes you think Awana' date=Shami or any other rookie will do better than Ishant? obviously Just like there is no guarantee that they will do worse than him, I am saying persist with him till we rotate the number 2,No 3 seamers and if we get lucky enough to find 2 new seamers who outshine him then dump him for good but till then...it's safe to go with the Known devil than the unknown one-Best strategy during these dark times.
because they dont need to do much to do that even if they worse at the start,there is hope they'll learn.Ishant hasnt in all these years.unknown guy may be an angel too,better than known devil Ishant desperately needs some domestic cricket or county,if he has that,he can come back n we can play him in WC straightaway after 6 months exp,but if he keeps playing intl. cricket,he will never learn n get only old n not experienced