Dhoni should be sacked as captain in all 3 formats!

LOL, India's away records in the last 100 games: Filter: (most recent 100 matches), at the opposition's home. Mat Wins Losses T NR % filtered 100 47 45 2 6 51%
How many of those 100 games were in/against SL or WI :giggle: DHoni and Kohli consider colombo the winter capital of India anyways :--D
now if you want to include minnows you can but even icc does not reward much points for those wins to me we will struggle to beat any half decent side away from home with this current side
Look up Post 1211. India has won more than 50% of its matches both 'away' and 'neutral' in the last 7-8 years. And you guys are saying that 33% is way too much :hysterical: It is a given that we will play some minnows, and victories over them is anyway good enough to keep Dhoni's captaincy.
Look up Post 1211. India has won more than 50% of its matches both 'away' and 'neutral' in the last 7-8 years. And you guys are saying that 33% is way too much :hysterical: It is a given that we will play some minnows, and victories over them is anyway good enough to keep Dhoni's captaincy.
when i think of away its against good sides not west indies or sri lanka which have same conditions
Trolling?:hysterical: Also technically NZ,WI,SL and recently Pak are bottom rung teams as well. Lost to NZ,Pak at home,Even Stevens with S/L in CB series...only team we beat comprehensively is WI
How many of those 100 games were in/against SL or WI :giggle: DHoni and Kohli consider colombo the winter capital of India anyways :--D
Many of them I am sure. Includes the Zim whitewash too. But the results in these matches helps Dhoni keep his captaincy, and the same would continue till 2019.
Trolling?:hysterical: Also technically NZ,WI,SL and recently Pak are bottom rung teams as well. Lost to NZ,Pak at home,Even Stevens with S/L in CB series...only team we beat comprehensively is WI
I am dead serious. Even if we get whitewashed by top teams, quickly, some minnow series or a Lanka tri-series gets arranged, and Dhoni keeps captaining. Losing Tests/ODI series to top teams has no bearing on Dhoni's captaincy.
Many of them I am sure. Includes the Zim whitewash too. But the results in these matches helps Dhoni keep his captaincy, and the same would continue till 2019.
Let me try to dissect the overseas ODI tournaments going back to Pre-WC from my memory I,Lost the Tri series in Zim(obviously Dhoni was not the captain there but pretty much his boys in that squadd) Lost to SA,Just about managed to beat WI in WI,CB Series debacle,Asia cup debacle,Eng ODI series,3 T20 WC's,NZ Series,SA series 2013. SO we won in SL(:sleep:),Zim (:sleep:)...CT series (:two_thumbs_up:) and Celkon cup. How can a captain not be accountable :confused:
Let me try to dissect the overseas ODI tournaments going back to Pre-WC from my memory I,Lost the Tri series in Zim(obviously Dhoni was not the captain there but pretty much his boys in that squadd) Lost to SA,Just about managed to beat WI in WI,CB Series debacle,Asia cup debacle,Eng ODI series,3 T20 WC's,NZ Series,SA series 2013. SO we won in SL(:sleep:),Zim (:sleep:)...CT series (:two_thumbs_up:) and Celkon cup. How can a captain not be accountable :confused:
I am sure you know the answer yourself.
Yeah. But do check the W/L ratio for the last 100 ODIs. Hoping that India will win 33% of its matches away from 2015 is hardly being too optimistic.
Ok lets try to break it up this way-Dhoni is captain is in 3 formats right T20-3 WC losses and still no one raises a voice. Test series-Fine the age old saying about our team-kings at Home and paupers abroad-Then why is the 2-1 loss to England not a big deal? ODI-I have mentioned all our debacles-Losing 2-1 to Pak should not be acceptable Depsite all this things are business as usual and hence the frustration of an Indian fan.
Ok lets try to break it up this way-Dhoni is captain is in 3 formats right T20-3 WC losses and still no one raises a voice. Test series-Fine the age old saying about our team-kings at Home and paupers abroad-Then why is the 2-1 loss to England not a big deal? ODI-I have mentioned all our debacles-Losing 2-1 to Pak should not be acceptable Depsite all this things are business as usual and hence the frustration of an Indian fan.
And it will continue till 2019 if Dhoni is fit enough (which is the only doubt).
What you think of 'away' has nothing to do with what BCCI thinks (and rates) as 'away'.
Saurav I know you have a great cricketing accumen but c'mon,do you really think BCCI goes by Stats and WIn % when it comes to captains? In the past Srikanth was inexplicably dropped after managing to draw a Series against Pak which was a much better side. Kapil as a captain after winning the WC was dropped after getting blanked by WI. Ganguly was not given as much of a rope as Dhoni but tbf his last year and a half as captain was miserable in terms of his personal performance asnd mediocre when it came to results. Dhoni's continued run definetely doesn't look normal
Saurav I know you have a great cricketing accumen but c'mon,do you really think BCCI goes by Stats and WIn % when it comes to captains? In the past Srikanth was inexplicably dropped after managing to draw a Series against Pak which was a much better side. Kapil as a captain after winning the WC was dropped after getting blanked by WI. Ganguly was not given as much of a rope as Dhoni but tbf his last year and a half as captain was miserable in terms of his personal performance asnd mediocre when it came to results. Dhoni's continued run definetely doesn't look normal
a) Srikkanth was dropped since he was in pathetic form in that series (Plus that rebellion of those top 5 cricketers did not help much as well). I don't remember whether that rebellion happened before or after, but the board then decided that it needs a yes-man as captain as not someone who has a voice. 'Miyan, Captain Banoge?' followed thereafter and Azhar changed forever. b) I don't know exactly why Kapil was dropped (I think India lost a few tournaments back-to-back). c) Ganguly was dropped since he lost Dalmiya's backing, was in pathetic form, and probably More had a bone to pick with him. d) Dhoni on the other hand is the BCCI President's boy (who will soon become ICC Chairman), captain and Vice-President of his franchise and company respectively and a key figure in his overall business plan. How can he be removed from Indian cricket's most coveted post, when he anyway has a major mass following, has won all major tournaments and is generally the greatest money-spinner in Indian cricket ever? He cannot be removed, no matter what happens.
Time for me to call u a full crack (but I will refrain :-)) a) I was referring to an assumed future BCCI strategy of having more and more games played in India. So, if we are playing 50% of matches in our country now, we will play 70% in the future. b) I was referring to ODIs solely (since India doesn't really play 100 Tests in 5 years), and it is not very difficult for India to win 50 out of 70 matches played in India. c) There is absolutely no hogwash in the calculation; you looked at the percentages pedantically (since I wrote the phrase 'of them'), and inferred I meant that India will win only 35 of the 70 matches played here. It was supposed to mean - India will win 50% of its 100 matches at home, provided 70 of those are played here. But no, you are not cracked, you are just a little pedant.
okay u have made ur "assumptions" clear now..my response to ur assumptions as per points are: a) india aint gonna play 70% of matches in home,not today,not in the future because to keep certain boards in ur side like nzl,wi,lanka,bcci will have to send the indian team to tour them frequently ,u have to play in tri series,icc tournaments which are mostly held away and then u have the long away tours in eng,aus every 3-4 years.. b)not gonna happen.70% home win is too much for our mediocre side,jeez we lost odis to pak,aus,egland and even windies lol..forget the tests.. c)big assumption again.. regarding the full crack comment,it was just a joke yaar :dance:
but why should what bcci thinks effect ur judgement ? we all know where we struggle and where we do not on this site
What judgement? What is stated is not a wishlist, it's simply a prediction of what will possibly happen, keeping in mind the entire BCCI/Srini politics. The next BCCI President will also be someone close to Srini, and the status quo will continue.
a) d) Dhoni on the other hand is the BCCI President's boy (who will soon become ICC Chairman), captain and Vice-President of his franchise and company respectively and a key figure in his overall business plan. How can he be removed from Indian cricket's most coveted post, when he anyway has a major mass following, has won all major tournaments and is generally the greatest money-spinner in Indian cricket ever? He cannot be removed, no matter what happens.
This part I 100% agree with you and it is the universal truth...it is sad but true. But in a perfect world cannot justify his continuing as a captain based on his overall performance and thats why fans whine despite obviously being totally helpless