Sunny, Sachin dont play to win says Kapil Dev

Here's what Kapil Dev has to say about the two greatest Indian batsmen of all time - ON SUNIL GAVASKAR “Every time Sunil Gavaskar drew a Test match, it was a win for him. My approach was different, I wanted to play to win ON SACHIN TENDULKAR “Sachin is a great player, but somewhere along the way, he wants to play like Sunny. He doesn’t possess the art of winning the full interview - http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?Page=article&sectid=53&contentid=200708262007082602242335915bed63a

Guest dada_rocks

sunny has turned many a staring defeat into draw.. kapil paji sathiya gaye hain.............. hero cup match last over 6 run needed kapil paaji ke pair phool gaye inkaar kar diya jimmedari lene se .. and the guy he is trying to malign snatched ball out of his captains's hand and rest as they say is history

I can understand what he said about Sunny.. But Sachin ? doesnt play to win ? Though Kapil is mildly right in one sense - For all the talent Sachin had , he was never the match-winner he could have been. What was Kapil doing in the last 15 test matches of his career ? Not rattling one 5-for after another i suppose... Was pathetically hanging on to break Hadlee's record.

As I said before, his cricketing brain is worse or as good as his english. And somehow he's very bitter and loves few blindly. I remember him repeating the same thing in some tourney which was Dhoni or Yuvi would be MoM in every single match, even though they had poor series. Just shows this guy only talks with his blind love or hatred.

Kapil has become very outspoken off late. This is not the first time he has had a go at Sunny and Sachin , the two primary contenders to his claim as India's best ever cricketer. Wonder if that is the reason he is doing what he is doing. Though at this rate , a One Mr.Rahul Dravid will leave behind all the three.He is as good a batsman as Sachin or Sunny was , and he is a better captain than all the three put together.

Gavaskar has often confirmed overseas he would rather draw than lose. Gavaskar didn't have the best of the bowling line up and obviously he knew they had to bat the opponent out. That is why you will see a high number of draws. I don't know why he brings Tendulkar in the mix though. Gavaskar as a captain had to do what he thought was the best for the team.

Paaji has gone a little over board with his comments here; but I do not have much respect or belief in SMG's intents for the future of Indian cricket either. The last thing he did was try to get a certain John Emburey chosen as the coach for team india. Wonder what his thoughts were??

Kapil has become very outspoken off late. This is not the first time he has had a go at Sunny and Sachin , the two primary contenders to his claim as India's best ever cricketer. Wonder if that is the reason he is doing what he is doing. Though at this rate , a One Mr.Rahul Dravid will leave behind all the three.He is as good a batsman as Sachin or Sunny was , and he is a better captain than all the three put together.
i dont agree with you here marirs.. Dravid has performed well in the test matches as caiptain.. and won us series wins abroad.. but its under his caiptancy only that india were knocked out in the first stage of the world cup.. Dravid is a great player but his caiptancy is just begining to build up.. I hope he keeps up the good work though.. n his luck with the coin is also beneficial