are you a foodie.. ?

theguyinallblue

are you a foodie.. ?  

1. 1.

• i am born to eat food only and no cooking :-)
    • i only eat so that i survive
    • i am not a foodie but i like eating good food
    • i am a die hard foodie and love cooking as well

I make fresh herb scones because I made soup for lunch and feel that the scones would help round out the meal. does this give you a clue as to what option I voted for ? :D PS: And I can go flour- to scone in about 25 mins :D

yaar...with tomorrow an off day..and tuesday a holiday...and not able to sleep... i am searching for food recipes..and their Photos...:haha: though i seldom enter my kitchen for cooking..but i love to have recipes..and their photos as well.. saala..keeping away myself from attacking on food by eating some biscuits and tea..

The Chicken Tikka

Chicken Legs. The First Marination bullet.jpeg20g/31/2 tsp Garlic Paste (strain). bullet.jpeg10g/13/4 tsp Ginger Paste (strain). bullet.jpeg60ml/1/4 cup Lemon Juice. The Second Marination bullet.jpeg110g/1/2 cup Yoghurt. bullet.jpeg30ml/2 Tbs Cream. bullet.jpeg20g/31/2 tsp Garlic Paste (strain). bullet.jpeg10g/13/4 tsp Garlic Paste (strain). bullet.jpeg3g/1 tsp Red Chilli Powder. bullet.jpeg1.5g/1/2 tsp Zeera/Cumin Powder. bullet.jpeg3g/1 tsp Motti Elaichi/Black Cardamom Powder. bullet.jpeg1.5g/1/2 tsp Chotti Elaichi/Green Cardamom Powder. bullet.jpeg1.5g/1/2 tsp Daalcheeni/Cinnamon (1”). bullet.jpeg1.5g/1/2 tsp Gulaabpankhrhi/Rose Petal Powder. bullet.jpegSalt

The Gravy

bullet.jpeg90g/3 oz Butter . bullet.jpeg15g/21/2 tsp Ginger paste (strain). bullet.jpeg15g/21/2 tsp Garlic paste (strain). bullet.jpeg1 kg/21/4lb Tomatoes. bullet.jpeg10g/1" piece Ginger. bullet.jpeg2 Green Chillies. bullet.jpeg20g/31/2 tsp Cashewnut Paste. bullet.jpegSalt bullet.jpeg1.5g/1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder. bullet.jpeg150ml/5 oz Cream. bullet.jpeg3g/1 tsp Garam Masala. bullet.jpeg1.5g/1 tsp Kasoori Methi/Dried Fenugreek Leaf Powder.

Serves: 4

Preparation Time: 3 hours

Cooking Time: 5-6 minutes

PREPARATION THE CHICKEN: Clean, wash, bone and cut into 11/4” tikka (cubes). THE YOGHURT: Whisk in a bowl. THE MASALA: Put all the spices in a grinder and make a fine powder. Sift and reserve. THE FIRST MARINATION: Mix all the ingredients and rub the chicken evenly with this marinade. Reserve for 20 minutes. THE SECOND MARINATION: Whisk yoghurt in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Rub the chicken with this marinade and reserve for 4 hours in the refrigerator. THE OVEN: Pre-heat to 350oF. THE SKEWERING: Skewer the chicken pieces and keep a tray underneath to collect the drippings. THE VEGETABLES: Remove eyes, wash and roughly chop tomatoes. Scrape, wash and finely chop ginger. Remove stems, wash, slit and seed green chillies. THE GRILLING: Roast in a moderately hot tandoor for approx 8 minutes, on a charcoal grill for about the same time and in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes or until 3/4ths cooked. THE GRAVY: Melt half the butter in a handi/pan, add the ginger and garlic pastes, stir over medium heat until the moisture evaporates. Then add tomatoes and salt, stir, cover and simmer until tomatoes are mashed. Force the mixture through a fine mesh soup strainer into a separate handi/pan and keep aside. COOKING Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, add ginger and green chillies, saute over medium heat for a minute, add the grilled chicken and stir for a minute. Then add the tomato puree and salt, bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, add cashew nut paste, stir, add red chilli powder and simmer until of thick sauce consistency. Remove, stir-in cream, bring to a boil, sprinkle garam masala and kasoori methi, stir and then adjust the seasoning. TO SERVE Dish out equal quantities of the chicken on each of 4 individual plates and serve with Pulao.

Raarha Meat INGREDIENTS bullet.jpeg1 Kg/21/4 lb Dasti/Shoulder of Kid/Lamb (boned 11/2” cubes) . bullet.jpeg75g/6 Tbs Desi Ghee/Clarified Butter. bullet.jpeg12g/2 Tbs Dhania/Coriander Seeds (pound gently to split). bullet.jpeg6.5g/2 Tbs Taaza Dhania/Coriander (chop).

The Marination

bullet.jpeg625g/21/2 cups Yoghurt (whisk). bullet.jpeg500g/1 lb 2 oz Onions (slice). bullet.jpeg60g/2 oz Ginger (finely chop). bullet.jpeg45g/11/2 oz Garlic (finely chop). bullet.jpeg10 Chotti Elaichi/Green Cardamom. bullet.jpeg5 Lavang/Cloves. bullet.jpeg2 sticks Daalcheeni/Cinnamon (1"). bullet.jpeg12 Black Peppercorns. bullet.jpeg6g/2 tsp Kashmiri Deghi Mirch Powder. bullet.jpegSalt

Serves: 4

Preparation Time: 2:30 minutes

Cooking Time: 1:15 hour

PREPARATION THE SAFFRON: Crush threads with a pestle or the back of a spoon, reserve in 30ml/2 Tbs of lukewarm water. COOKING Melt ghee in a handi/pan, add cardamom, stir over medium heat until it begins to change colour, add the meat, increase to high heat and bhunno/stir-fry (to sear) for 2-3 minutes. Reduce to medium heat, add ginger and garlic, bhunno/stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, add onions and bhunno/stir-fry until specks of fat begin to appear on the surface, ensuring that the onions do not get coloured. Remove handi/pan from heat, stir-in yoghurt, return handi/pan to heat, add yellow chillies and salt, bhunno/stir-fry until specks of fat begin to appear on the surface. Then add cashewnut paste and half the varq, bhunno/stir-fry until fat begins to leave the sides, ensuring that the masala does not get coloured. Now add stock, bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the meat is cooked. Add Kundan Kaliya masala, stir, add saffron, stir, remove, add kewra, stir and adjust the seasoning. TO SERVE Remove to a service dish, garnish with fresh coriander and serve with bread of your choice.

juzt love eating and eatin and eating.... banate raho' date=', mai khata rahoonga..[/quote'] :hysterical: Excellent policy C'tics. Keep it up ! After all , what is life without tasty food. The next time Pred puts Snake/dog/rat meat video in this forum , i shall dial 911 and complain of harassment.

I was a self-confessed foodie while i was in India. Used to eat out often , almost once every day, with friends. But after coming here , i have become surprisingly restrained with my eating habits. Try to stick to a balanced/healthy food habit as much as possible. Eat half-stomach 4 times a day. Start the day with cereals , fruits and juice for lunch, a light tiffin in the evening and end the day with a proper dinner , with lots vegetables. Weekends is when i indulge myself with "tastier" food ( read oily , high fat stuff). Gave up aerated drinks , chips and all junk food a long time ago.

seriouszly marrirs' date=' apna Indian food is just superv.. u just can't get away with it.. its so freakin good.... best....[/quote'] yes C'tics. If ever i miss something in my life , its the restaurant near my home in India. Used to go there , start with a tomato soup for 10 bucks, followed by a Gobi manchurian for 25 bucks and end with the 7 Rs ice cream. Superb food for just 40 bucks.