Search for a quickie continues

do bowlers really need "out and out" pace for getting wickets consistently. Art of swinging, sharp line and length needs to be searched first.....any testosterone driven pace is just an extra advantage. On flat tracks our bowlers suck and can't maintain their line length, can't get any movement, surprise bounces etc. and that's the main reason for their failure. Instead, I would be more than happy if we can produce quality spinners comparable to Murali/Kumble/Warnie etc. We need to handle Piyush very carefully from here onwards and seacrh for more Piyushes, Kumbles among current lot of spinners. Imagine having both Murali and Warne at their destructive best bowling for you...will you ever think of druggie Shoaib Akhtar and Lee.:D

I say India should stop looking for a "quickie". 3 decent medium fast bowlers recently won India the test series. Pace isn't the hot commodity it was several years ago - batsmen no longer fear pace and happily score runs off bowlers like Brett Lee and Show-ape. Besides, genuine fast bowlers don't last long and cost their cricket boards plenty of money in medical bills. Forget it. India's bowling attack is good enough as it is.

I read the title and was wondering why dsr is discussing (his lack of) sex life :)
Ouch...:haha: