Ranji Trophy 2012-13

Chandan

11.25 am Mumbai take a 306-run lead, and bat again Saurashtra have kept Mumbai in the field for just under 132 overs to make 300. Mumbai are assured of three points with a huge lead, but have decided not to enforce the follow-on. Can't blame them too much, with the next round starting after three days, and this match going on in the batting paradise of Rajkot. Four wickets for Dhawal Kulkarni then, and a maiden, unbeaten century for No. 6 Aarpit Vasavada
11.30 am All over for Rajasthan, almost In their follow-on innings, the defending champions have lost their final hope, Robin Bist, for 68 to Railways' legspinning allrounder Karan Sharma, who now has 6 for 95 in Bhubaneshwar. They are 253 for 8 now, and still need another 17 to make Railways bat again. Five points from five games, the second-worst showing among 27 teams in the tournament.
Shami looks good' date='reminds me of Srinath[/quote'] Quite opposite infact. Srinath was taller and an inswing bowler, while his stock ball is outswing though can bowl inswing too. He is a complete package as he is quite sharp too, now it is the matter of converting that pakacage into performance and become better as he plays more.
Quite opposite infact. Srinath was taller and an inswing bowler' date=' while his stock ball is outswing though can bowl inswing too. He is a complete package as he is quite sharp too, now it is the matter of converting that pakacage into performance and become better as he plays more.[/quote'] will bengal qualify for knockouts?
Quite opposite infact. Srinath was taller and an inswing bowler' date=' while his stock ball is outswing though can bowl inswing too. He is a complete package as he is quite sharp too, now it is the matter of converting that pakacage into performance and become better as he plays more.[/quote'] I'm talking of the action.dunno why Srinath(specially youung Srinath)came to mind. also he seems a hit the deck kinda bowler.thats good to see too
I'm talking of the action.dunno why Srinath(specially youung Srinath)came to mind. also he seems a hit the deck kinda bowler.thats good to see too
He swings and seams the ball too, though not a finished article yet as WV Raman, coach, said. Srinath was open chest, while Shami is very much side-on.
He swings and seams the ball too' date=' though not a finished article yet as WV Raman, coach, said. Srinath was open chest, while Shami is very much side-on.[/quote'] yeah he needs to do well in A tours who would u have in Aus series?Pankaj Singh,him or any other bowler?
yeah he needs to do well in A tours who would u have in Aus series?Pankaj Singh,him or any other bowler?
Shami has done well on WI A tour, highest wicket taker for us wher Dinda could not do much and NZ to in the matches he played. Dont know whole will they pick. I guess Shami and Pankaj can be in the reserves. I will have both them ahead of Dinda and Awana. Awana ahead of Dinda. Zak is there to and Yadav and Ishant. I will prefer Yadav and Ishant, not Zak. He will not play but will be benefitted by being with the team and can work with bowling coach in the nets. Pankaj Singh is ignored, dont see him there.
1.30 pm Rahane goes cheaply again Ajinkya Rahane, after his 24 in the first innings, has gone caught behind for 6 to Siddharth Trivedi in Rajkot, after Mumbai took a 306-run lead against Saurashtra. Hiken Shah out for a duck, to Trivedi as well. Wasim Jaffer - what would Mumbai do without him - batting on 39, Rohit Sharma on 3. Mumbai 50 for 2 in a largely inconsequential second innings after they decided not to enforce the follow-on
2.05 pm Take a bow, Devendra Bundela and Madhya Pradesh It was an unbelievable run. Four outright wins, including two by an innings, in six games, and first-innings leads in the remaining two. Who would beat Punjab? Madhya Pradesh, eventually. The captain Devendra Bundela has been magnificent in the match, hitting a century in each innings, including an unbeaten one in the chase of 190. MP were 8 for 2 this morning, before the allrounder Jalaj Saxena and Bundela took over. Saxena was unbeaten on 72 to go with his 84 in the first innings. Seven wickets for the fast bowler Anand Rajan, five each for Gaurav Yadav and Amarjeet Singh. Our man Amol Karhadkar spoke to Bundela as he reached a 100 Ranji games earlier this season. Amol also wrote on what it had taken for MP to keep going after the sting operation earlier this year hit them the hardest.
Though in the absence of 2 main fast bowlers. Gony was almost absent, only bowled 4 overs, got injured I guess and Siddarth Kaul looked like did not play due to an injury.