Ain't Over Yet

Fo cryin out loud, ODI and Tests should be treated the same, just because we win one Test series, it doesn't mean we forget about the ODI's. We should be under pressure and diservedley right, England have played much better cricket the whole series, on paper we definatley look a better team but in the middle we look like a rubbish third class team. Just because we win a Historic Test series doesn't mean we should be over confident and it doesn't matter if we loose this seires. Of course the Test series was a brillaint win, but we need to forget about that and concentrate on the ODI series. If we win this ODI series, you would be over the moon, if we loose this ODI series, which looks iminant we can't just say oh it doesn't matter because we won the Test Series. If we loose this ODI series we will be beaten by a team ranked three place below us a team that lost to Sri Lanka 5-0, even West Indies beat them and we look like a team that Bangladesh can beat, we have looked like a pathetic team that can't play ODI's. In the 4th ODI, there was glimses of an Indian fight back but we through it away wasting a brilliant oppurtunity. Apart from this ODI, all of the rest even Bristol have been one sided, at Bristol England came within touching distance of our score. I believe ODI's and Test should be treatd the same but with you Ravi you seem fixated that this ODI series doesn't matter because we won the Test Series. We should try our utter hardest to win these ODI's and if we don't win we should feel upset.
I agree with you path that Test cricket and ODI cricket both should be treated the same.You cant say that ODI´s are usless cricket.I dont remember someone saying this before this series stated. At least a Tendulkar fan shouldnt be saying this.Because Tendulkar is regarded a great player for his ODI stats.I know that he also has over 11 000 runs in Tests but we all know how many of them have come when India neede or in pressur situation etc etc.If only Test cricket is the only cricket and the rest is garbage then dont forget to rate Dravid HIGHER than Tendulkar as well.
I agree with you path that Test cricket and ODI cricket both should be treated the same.You cant say that ODI´s are usless cricket.I dont remember someone saying this before this series stated. At least a Tendulkar fan shouldnt be saying this.Because Tendulkar is regarded a great player for his ODI stats.I know that he also has over 11 000 runs in Tests but we all know how many of them have come when India neede or in pressur situation etc etc.If only Test cricket is the only cricket and the rest is garbage then dont forget to rate Dravid HIGHER than Tendulkar as well.
Actually most people watching cricket for a longer time would rate SRT higher in test matches as well. If you want proof ask Warney :haha::haha:

I am a big Tendulkar fan and I still say that most of the ODIs are meaningless. They are meant just for entertainment and that is that. Any team on a given day can win. But in tests, no inferior team will win the match. And if they do, it must be on the back of some incredible individual performance which will make the test historic and memorable. Nothing of that sort happens in ODI.

I am a big Tendulkar fan and I still say that most of the ODIs are meaningless. They are meant just for entertainment and that is that. Any team on a given day can win. But in tests, no inferior team will win the match. And if they do, it must be on the back of some incredible individual performance which will make the test historic and memorable. Nothing of that sort happens in ODI.
Exactley any team can win a ODI, and that helps because all of the minnows have a chance. If you think ODI's is all luck then call the 1983 World Cup series all luck.
Exactley any team can win a ODI' date=' and that helps because all of the minnows have a chance. If you think ODI's is all luck then call the 1983 World Cup series all luck.[/quote'] YES!.. it was a luck.. Noway we could have beat the mighty west indians.. They thrased us in a series after the worldcup... That was just our day..
and u happenz to be the onewho said " why can't everone Indian be Indian cricket fan instead of being srt fan?" something similar u said
So where did I say that I'm only Sachin's fan and not any other cricketer's fan here?? I'm a big Yuvi, Dravid, Zaheer, Laxman, Ganguly, Kumble, Pathan, Viru, Munaf etc fan too. Still I say that ODI will never be able to come near test cricket. So where did I state that I'm NOT an Indian cricket fan??? I'll be able to answer your question if you'll be a bit more clear, perhaps.
well i just quoted u to get a much stronger response from u as u were asking ppl why can't they be Indian cricket fanz rather then being only tendulkar fanz...hmm u never know they might be other player fanz too' date=' they can't write in every other post lol..[/quote'] Could be. But then, they won't be bashing certain players from Indian team at the drop of their hat or would call other fans Gangulians, or Dravidians or Tendulkarites or whatever rubbish phrases!
Could be. But then' date=' they won't be bashing certain players from Indian team at the drop of their hat or would call other fans Gangulians, or Dravidians or Tendulkarites or whatever rubbish phrases![/quote'] hmm well thatz something which we can't discuss on.. not every fan of certain player tendz to bash other players.. u r in a way rite... but then not perfectly and this topic which we are discussing can't be perfect either..