TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! Well.............well.........WELL !!! What more can I say that has not already been said by Predator, Radiks and Dhondy !! To put it simply: MUCH is expected of great players !!. We are not talking about a Jaffer, a Sehwag or a Ganguly here...........we are talking about a Premier Batsman SR Tendulkar....... with over 10,000 test runs. Sachin should have led India to safety last night..........but he failed dismally........Again ! Too many times he has been found wanting when India really needed him. Any neutral observer would say that the Quality of Sachin's Test Runs is lower than that of Ponting or Lara, because the latter deliver far more often in pressure situations than Sachin. His amateurish cut shot which led to his dismissal in the first inns. when he SHOULD HAVE gone onto a 100, and kept SA in the field is one of 3 major reasons that India lost this test - the other 2 being the non-production from Sehwag and the selection of VRV (allowed the SA revival in the 1st inns and the Pollock onslaught in the 2nd). But Sachin.............he should feel highly embarrassed for having let India down when they needed him the most.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! Dhondy.........though I have sentimental feelings for India........on this MB I say it as I see it. Really........India should never have been in the position of having Nos. 8 to 11 desperately and at times undignifiedly trying to save this match. And also.... I cannot understand why Sourav is still unable to sway out of the way or drop his hands and let the ball go over the stumps. Steve Waugh did it.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! even i have lost hope on sachin... the problem is in his mind... he has to shed this notion that he is the best batsman in the world.... forget about the world..he is not the best batsman in the indian team... he just needs to go out there and play freely.... he should just forget about the responsibility of being the run scorer...that job is now with vvs and dravid... he should play like ponting....sachin is not playing any pull shot now....nor any hook shot... i am very disappointed with sachin's performance... though he got few wrong umpiring decisions..but his form is not right...and he must sort that out quickly...

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! He was batting very well in the first innings. AND.......Graeme Smith had dropped an easy catch off him. THAT should have been a strong hint to Sachin that this was his day.......to bat on and get a 100....and even out the first innings. Instead he played a shot that a mediocre club player would try. You don't see Ponting and Lara make those stupid mistakes when they pass 25. Poor............Very Poor exhibition...from a previously great player................and thus gifting the match back to the Africans.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! ^^ "conspiracy theory, JK. ROTFL. EVERYONE on this planet earth wants SRT to fail, didnt u know? even his retardede T2I1 dismissal, i planned that, with help from Don Juan and put a mojo on him to upper cut a bouncer twice his height on middle stick. :huh: :huh:

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! both digs, SRT was out... first time, he regressed to his bakwaas shardashram thought process, second time, ntini out-thought his basic flaw in technique. u can scream from roof tops about rauf and all, but even hawkeye proved he was a done duster--as soon as i saw fourth ball of the day, i knew he was gone, LBW. if i were ntini, i woulda felt completely robbed if i didnt nail him with that one. enough about the faaltu "SRT got robbed" in T2I2 BS. he was found wanting. the correct stroke for that delivery was found wanting: across and forward, cover the line and flick to mid wicket. its not like SRT never faced ntini before--but he got over cautious and let his own mental demons conquer him over ntini. SRT is a ghost of his own thought process--and looked so--rather clearly. u can post hajaar funda here in yr strident style, but the fact remains that SRT bada anda daala, and saffies won.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! ^^ no rajeev, main to chutiya hai, acc to some strident posters here. they say there is a global conspiracy afoot to actually undermine SRT... (like they give a flying F) but then, what do i know?? i just post as i see... i just wish SRT would also give a flying F and just get down to stroking the ball as only he can. too many mental demons have played havoc--not umpires, but his own mental thot process. that is, in a nutshell, is the main diff between BCL and SRT. SRT cares too much and BCL dont give a flying F. and dont get me started on bewda punter--i already have a whole graf on his funda...

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

i just wish SRT would also give a flying F and just get down to stroking the ball as only he can. too many mental demons have played havoc--not umpires, but his own mental thot process. that is, in a nutshell, is the main diff between BCL and SRT. SRT cares too much and BCL dont give a flying F. and dont get me started on bewda punter--i already have a whole graf on his funda...
i agree.. I know rahul, you also are big fan.. most people here are.. and want him to succeed but they are feeling pain to read and write this.. if he has his strengths then he has his weaknesses.. his mental strength is his weakness.. before, he batted like he wanted to prove to the world that he is best.. and he proved it.. but its getting harder for him to stay approved.. you can just see it on his face when he is on crease that he is under pressure.. and that is the reason i say just let him open the inning and dictate terms .... why he is having good year in ODIs?? because he is not coming after losing two quick wickets.... lets hope the best.. kya kare agar mushkil time par sath nahi diya to phir kya kiya..

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

I suggest you drop your expectations of Tendulkar despite him being one of the best in the business since the time this great sport was found. Everyone has limitations and Tendulkar has his own too. I suggest the next time around you look forward to Rahul Dravid or Laxman to dig it in situations such as this and you will come off a happy man :wtg: Those two often have shown are cut out for similar situations as they have shown over the years :hic:
But i don't think Dravid or Laxman are in the same league as Tendulkar. Never have, and never will. However - if we are going to lower our expectations of Tendulkar, then he shouldn't be treated as an indispensable member of the squad either. Past records mean nothing in the context of present-day cricket and if he is the same as any other batsman than his performances need to be evaluated accordingly. No double standards. If the guy continues to play below-par and we expect nothing better from him then surely there will be nothing wrong with calling for him to be dropped, right ? May as well give a good youngster from Ranji a chance - even he might average 36 after playing two 2 years of Test cricket.