In quest of India's national dish.... what is it?

Nova

With over 30% of the people being vegetarian? :protest: what kind of bullsh1t site is this? :desiman:
+1 A non-veg dish can never be the national food of India. It has to be something that is consumed by the majority. Hence I propose any of these three (drinks included) 1) Dosa 2) Tea 3) Samosa

Chai? Another pretender. Asli mardonwalah drink hain to yeh. I see your brown colored water and raise this... Filter_coffee_South_Indian_style.JPG
Mardon waala drink? I take it you have never been to neighbourhood Starbucks. Coffee is a woman's drink thru and thru Sirji. Matter of fact anytime I want to keep my missus quiet for a while, I take her to the nearby cafe and let her enjoy the coffee as I enjoy the tranquility. Works every time :--D

For a guy who drinks both tea and coffee occasionally, I find coffee to be more rich in taste. If both are readily available, i would go for coffee. But tea works for me too. I remember going home once and asked my mom if there is any coffee powder, she gave me a "what's wrong with you" look. :cantstop:

For a guy who drinks both tea and coffee occasionally' date=' I find coffee to be more rich in taste. If both are readily available, i would go for coffee. But tea works for me too. I remember going home once and asked my mom if there is any coffee powder, she gave me a "what's wrong with you" look. :cantstop:[/quote'] Yeah, even back in my home, they never keep coffee while tea is an every morning and evening drink.

For a guy who drinks both tea and coffee occasionally' date=' I find coffee to be more rich in taste. If both are readily available, i would go for coffee. But tea works for me too. I remember going home once and asked my mom if there is any coffee powder, she gave me a "what's wrong with you" look. :cantstop:[/quote'] For a guy who drinks both coffee and tea occasionally, I find tea to be more rich in taste. If both are readily available, i would go for tea. But coffee works for me too. I remember going home once and asked my mom if there is any tea at around 11 pm, she gave me a "what's wrong with you" look. :cantstop:

For a guy who drinks both coffee and tea occasionally' date=' I find tea to be more rich in taste. If both are readily available, i would go for tea. But coffee works for me too. I remember going home once and asked my mom if there is any tea at around 11 pm, she gave me a "what's wrong with you" look. :cantstop:[/quote'] I thought non-southies prefer tea? Is that not how it works? :dontknow: