Imran Khan "Explains" why Pakistan produces fast bowlers

jonas10

injured and rehabilitating and correcting action' date=' last he bowled i guess was in a home ODI series, he is as fast as Umesh.[/quote'] aaron is quick and gets late swing. If he can just stay healthy for a year and play, then will be as quick as umesh and can spear head our attack with umesh. Any update on his fitness and expected comeback?
injured and rehabilitating and correcting action' date= last he bowled i guess was in a home ODI series, he is as fast as Umesh.
:facepalm: I know he is doing that in order to avoid serious injuries in future, but with that goes probably his speed as well.
aaron is quick and gets late swing. If he can just stay healthy for a year and play, then will be as quick as umesh and can spear head our attack with umesh. Any update on his fitness and expected comeback?
"I feel 100 per cent fit, but I don't want to go back to playing cricket without being sure of what is going wrong with my action or my body that results in the constant breakdowns. IÃÎ not afraid of being injured again but I want to go full throttle once I'm back and not be in two minds. I hope the Australia trip helps," said Aaron. Aaron also added that though the last few months had been frustrating, he had been working on a few subtle changes with regards to his bowling action. "Dennis Lillee had suggested a few subtle changes, and I have tried to incorporate them into my routine action. I think the biomechanics tests will reveal whether I have a problem with my load-up or my basic approach in the run-up. I also have a physique that is prone to back strains," said Aaron. While Aaron was aiming for a return to competitive cricket from the start of the Ranji season, his plans have been delayed further. And he can only hope that Foster's Midas touch that resurrected the careers of Muralitharan and Akhtar works its magic on him too. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/injuryprone-varun-goes-to-muralis-spin-doctor/1028419/2
"I feel 100 per cent fit, but I don't want to go back to playing cricket without being sure of what is going wrong with my action or my body that results in the constant breakdowns. IÃÎ not afraid of being injured again but I want to go full throttle once I'm back and not be in two minds. I hope the Australia trip helps," said Aaron. Aaron also added that though the last few months had been frustrating, he had been working on a few subtle changes with regards to his bowling action. "Dennis Lillee had suggested a few subtle changes, and I have tried to incorporate them into my routine action. I think the biomechanics tests will reveal whether I have a problem with my load-up or my basic approach in the run-up. I also have a physique that is prone to back strains," said Aaron. While Aaron was aiming for a return to competitive cricket from the start of the Ranji season, his plans have been delayed further. And he can only hope that Foster's Midas touch that resurrected the careers of Muralitharan and Akhtar works its magic on him too. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/injuryprone-varun-goes-to-muralis-spin-doctor/1028419/2
Thanks for the info:two_thumbs_up:
Wrong again, Sami's pace was mostly late 140s to mid 150s so the effort balls touched 160s. But it was his poor line and length which will be remembered most I am afraid. And of course the speed gun in the vidoes over can be wrong, but the ball bowled to Dravid was quick, really quick, you don't need speed gun to measure that because it really hurried Dravid.
i have seen him usually struggle to make 145 when he plays india.

Role models is probably a fair argument. Though it only goes so far. Explaining the falling away of all these seamers after spells of promise is an issue. Did they just reach their potential and were never that good in the first place? Maybe. Can we explain Ishant Sharma still bowling like a retard five years after his debut? Maybe that is just one of those cases. I don't think the lack of an 'express' fast bowler is relevant here. We are talking baby steps.

I have been watching cricket since 1987 and Waqar of 90-95 was the most consistent express bowler I have seen. Shoaib would bowl fast in 2nd and 3rd overs of his spell but could never maintain. Vilander Shoaib was bowling quick in 2003 world cup and did bowl few at 158-159k. I can remember there was this buzz during that Eng game when he was bowling super fast and everyone was expecting him to break the 160k barrier. Zahid was quick in AUS 95 but we would never know how quick. Sami was mostly 145-150k bowler and bowled few at 153-155.

I have been watching cricket since 1987 and Waqar of 90-95 was the most consistent express bowler I have seen. Shoaib would bowl fast in 2nd and 3rd overs of his spell but could never maintain.
I have seen enough videos of Waqar of early 90s, dont think he was as quick as Akhtar in terms of his top speeds. Yes, he may sustain pace long, but even then it was not as quick as Akhtar. In one video against NZ, in an ODIs of early 90s, Waqar was clocked at low 130s. Waqar for me was 145-150ish bowler at best, not 150+.
I have seen enough videos of Waqar of early 90s' date=' dont think he was as quick as Akhtar in terms of his top speeds. Yes, he may sustain pace long, but even then it was not as quick as Akhtar. In one video against NZ, in an ODIs of early 90s, Waqar was clocked at low 130s. Waqar for me was 145-150ish bowler at best, not 150+.[/quote'] Waqar was consistently clocked at 150+ in triangular series in SA 1993. I watched it on telly and him and Donald had a great pace battle going.

Imagine 2015 India beats Pak again in the world cup Pak commentator to Gavaskar....."India always win the big matches what do you attribute this to"...... SG: "Genetics....Indians by nature are a smarter and mentally stronger group" Wonder what Imran would say to that?

I have been watching cricket since 1987 and Waqar of 90-95 was the most consistent express bowler I have seen. Shoaib would bowl fast in 2nd and 3rd overs of his spell but could never maintain. Vilander Shoaib was bowling quick in 2003 world cup and did bowl few at 158-159k. I can remember there was this buzz during that Eng game when he was bowling super fast and everyone was expecting him to break the 160k barrier. Zahid was quick in AUS 95 but we would never know how quick. Sami was mostly 145-150k bowler and bowled few at 153-155.
hmm..there was a waqar tape that robelinda made, unbelievable stuff that guy is a legend, i would check 2003 wc sohaib videos when i get the time..
Imagine 2015 India beats Pak again in the world cup Pak commentator to Gavaskar....."India always win the big matches what do you attribute this to"...... SG: "Genetics....Indians by nature are a smarter and mentally stronger group" Wonder what Imran would say to that?
little people some pakies are, making claims about being genetically superior that tells you of their racist mentality, we have some of those characters in this side of the border too.

Lol did Ik say Pakistanis are genetically superior he just said that all of the good pak fast bowlers come from northern punjab and the people of northern punjab are well built. I remember watching some video of pak in India 1999 and the match was played on a pancake and wasim during lunch break goes Indians always complain we don't have fast bowlers than wasim goes onto say how can you have fast bowlers with pitches like these :cantstop:

Lol did Ik say Pakistanis are genetically superior he just said that all of the good pak fast bowlers come from northern punjab and the people of northern punjab are well built. I remember watching some video of pak in India 1999 and the match was played on a pancake and wasim during lunch break goes Indians always complain we don't have fast bowlers than wasim goes onto say how can you have fast bowlers with pitches like these :cantstop:
theoretically people in tropics will grow taller since they can have more body surface since heat dissipation is not an issue, but practically most of tropical nations are backward in the world so malnutrition and lack of healthcare makes the people there stunted, this is why africans who are living in the west for a few generations grow to giant heights often. There is no appreciable difference in heights of say a Tamil Nadu/kerala/karnatak athelete vs say a himachal or punjab or kashmir athelete in indian sports events, although having said that Indian athletes mostly dwarf other saarc athletes when ever they meet, probably there is some credence to the race thing after all..

Its a stupid comment by IK. Gavaskar should have said genetics has little to do with it. It is more based on their tradition of fast bowling, tape ball, pitches etc. Why do Indians then dominate their batsmens? Genetic mental temperment that Afridi and co lack? I'm not sure if i should or shouldn't be shocked that a Pathan who is stereotyped to be "stupid" would subscribe to such ancient beliefs. Sunil should have said that Pathans/Sardars are also stereotyped to be dumb but the most educated/intelligent prime minster India ever had is a Sardar and if Imran Khan wins the elections hed be the most educated/intelligent ever "despite" being a Pathan.

If Gavaskar had been expert he had given Indian fast bowlers which he has not. U are talking about IK who picked up bowlers like Wasim , Waqar , Aqib and made them info best world has seen. Indians are weak build compare to bowlers coming from Pakistan and remeber in Pakistan there is only some area were bowlers come from and Karachi is main batsmenn hub for Pakistan

Its a stupid comment by IK. Gavaskar should have said genetics has little to do with it. It is more based on their tradition of fast bowling, tape ball, pitches etc. Why do Indians then dominate their batsmens? Genetic mental temperment that Afridi and co lack? I'm not sure if i should or shouldn't be shocked that a Pathan who is stereotyped to be "stupid" would subscribe to such ancient beliefs. Sunil should have said that Pathans/Sardars are also stereotyped to be dumb but the most educated/intelligent prime minster India ever had is a Sardar and if Imran Khan wins the elections hed be the most educated/intelligent ever "despite" being a Pathan.

And those few bowlers who come as fast bowlers after 1 years turn into oppspinners and in Pakistan when a bowler is found after few years he add more speed a good example is Junaid and Irfan in current team. Look out for Anwar Ali and Wahab Riaz if Pakistan win this match