Shoaib recalled from Twenty20 WC

zubinpepsi

So all you guys are actually believing this "Shoaib likened himslelf to Imran , Afidi and Asif laughed , he got angry and hit Asif" bull ? hahahah... This is one another media cover-up for something more serious. What that something is , we dont know yet.

Seriously though ' date=' this rift goes much deeper exposing the deep division in the social fabric of Pakistani society between Pathans and Punjabis. Chew this, the subjects are two Pathans , Afridi and Asif laughing at Punjabi Shoaib because he likened himself to a former cricketing great, a certain Imran Khan Naizi who happens to be god in the eyes of Pathans in Pakistan . The gall of this inferior Punjabi to liken himself to this great supreme Pathan , Asif must have thought and hence the accompanied laughter and the subsequent outburst by Shoaib Akhtar for being belittled by a Pathan once again.[/quote'] your story sounds pretty damn plausible but asif a pathan? i thought he was a punjabi.
:hysterical: nice one! The certain Imran Khan Niazi is given a high status for his deeds(both on and off the cricket field) and not because he was born in a certain sect... only if you could ever realize how much he had to go through to build that cancer hospital and how many lives that one deed has saved and will save in decades to come!. oh and he is not just an impressive figure in the "pathan community" he is an impressive figure across the world.
When did I say he wasn't ?? Please read my post carefully before posting rebuttals on why I thought Akhtar reacted the way he did plus the fact that he is suffering from "Roid Rage".
No' date=' but I am refuting the claim of Pakistanis being most talunted. How did he or generally all pakistanis believe that they are the most talented team? That honur goes to only one team..Oz.[/quote'] Up until about 2003 most experts believed that PAK were the most talented team in the world yet it didn't always reflect in their performance e.g i personally feel that the 90s team was a lot more talented than the PAK team of the 80s yet the performance in the 80s was a lot better than the 90s so being the most talented doesn't mean that you are the best.
When did I say he wasn't ?? Please read my post carefully before posting rebuttals on why I thought Akhtar reacted the way he did plus the fact that he is suffering from "Roid Rage".
"Seriously though , this rift goes much deeper exposing the deep division in the social fabric of Pakistani society between Pathans and Punjabis. Chew this, the subjects are two Pathans , Afridi and Asif laughing at Punjabi Shoaib because he likened himself to a former cricketing great, a certain Imran Khan Naizi who happens to be god in the eyes of Pathans in Pakistan . The gall of this inferior Punjabi to liken himself to this great supreme Pathan , Asif must have thought and hence the accompanied laughter and the subsequent outburst by Shoaib Akhtar for being belittled by a Pathan once again" Secondly where did you learn so much about Asif's background?
90s team was a lot more talented than the PAK team of the 80s yet the performance in the 80s was a lot better than the 90s so being the most talented doesn't mean that you are the best.
80s Pakistani team achieved more than 90s because they were street fighters. Miandad and Imran are obviously two of the sternest men you can see on a cricket field. There was also the second run of class acts like Qadir, Zaheer Abbas, Sarfaraz etc. This combined with fighters like Wasim Raja(averaged over 50 runs in 3 series against the mighty West Indies), Asif Iqbal(perhaps the most dogged customer lower down), Salim Yousuf(as good a fighter keeper as I have ever seen) and so on, ensured Pakistan had good success in the era. On the other hand Pakistan team of 90s either had geniuses like Wasim, Waqar, Saqlain and Anwar or one or two good players like Inzzy and Latif/Moin. They were considered talented purely because of their bowling. If you look closely the opening batting(barring Anwar-Sohail) was bad, keeping was hardly as good compared to 80s(Bari and Yousuf) and batting was worse than 80s for sure. The bowling attack of Wasim-Waqar-Saqlain-Mushtaq combo was better than Imran-Akram-Qadir but not my too much. I would say 80s Pakistani team was all substance while 90s Pakistani team was more flash than substance MP. xxx
Up until about 2003 most experts believed that PAK were the most talented team in the world yet it didn't always reflect in their performance e.g i personally feel that the 90s team was a lot more talented than the PAK team of the 80s yet the performance in the 80s was a lot better than the 90s so being the most talented doesn't mean that you are the best.
What is your/expert definition of talent? 2003/04 was the worst Pakistan team.. I can say mid 1990s team was good, but didn't play well. I know the definition of talent now - Domestic heroes, but not International class.
What is your/expert definition of talent? 2003/04 was the worst Pakistan team.. I can say mid 1990s team was good, but didn't play well. I know the definition of talent now - Domestic heroes, but not International class.
True. From 2000 'til 2003, the only test series Pakistan won were against Banglastan, Zimbabwe and the worst West Indian team in history

cricketnext_small.jpg

PCB considering life ban on Shoaib Amit Bose CNN-IBN zero.gif70907shoaib_back_226.jpg CAREER OVER? Shoaib Akhtar has been banned for five One-Dayers. New Delhi: Shoaib Akhtar's controversial career may finally be over. Sources have told CNN-IBN that the PCB is considering a life ban on the fast bowler after he was sent back home from South Africa for hitting fellow seamer Mohammad Asif. Shoaib has already been banned for five One-Day Internationals matches and four points have been docked from his central contract. Sources also said that the PCB was already upset with Shoaib over his threat to join the ICL. But the latest incident now once again leaves a big question mark hanging over his future in the game. "The batsmen certainly have to have their way of going about the game and you've still got to look at the opposition bowlers, figure out your best plan. So, it's a microcosm of the big game but it is entertainment and bowlers just have to learn not to get frustrated by it," Pakistan coach, Geoff Lawson had said some days ago. Little did Lawson know that even before the twenty20 World Championship began, one of his bowlers would vent that frustration. Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif have been one the same side of one battle in recent times but this time around they were on opposite ends of it. A dressing room scuffle ended with Shoaib hitting Asif with a bat and Asif was reportedly bruised. The PCB reacted immediately; asking Shoaib to take the first flight back home. The PCB chairman Nasim Ashraf response was scathing, "It is a very sad situation and is a blow not only to the team, but also to the image of the nation. When the team management returns from the tournament, the Board will launch a full investigation and disciplinary hearing into the matter. Further action based on that is likely." Ironically, just hours ago Shoaib had addressed a press conference and appeared calm; even paying tribute to their former coach Bob Woolmer. "The sad departure of Bob Woolmer and we still feel sorry and we still miss him. It was a sad departure for the Pakistan cricket team and it was one of the darkest days for the Pakistan cricket team," Shoaib said. At 32, Shoaib doesn't have much time left to leave an imprint on the game and some believe his time should be up. "This is the second time happened in month or so. And if the Pakistan Cricket Board want to put their cricket right they have to deal with these kinds of characters in the team," said Waqar Younis, a former Pakistan captain. There is little doubt that the last hasn't been heard on this one. Shoaib, as always will respond and as always, expect someone else to be at fault. zero.gif

© 2007, Web18 Software Services Ltd. All Rights Reserved

_uacct = "UA-156703-11"; urchinTracker();

Lurker, Sarfraz, Iqbal, Zaheer and Raja didn't play much under Imran's captaincy so i won't include them as most of them retired before PAK became a serious force in world cricket. Let me give you the names of the players who played in the 3 series against the WI because this was the time when PAK cricket was really flourishing. 1986 Mohsin Khan Mudassar Nazar Rameez Raja Javed Miandad Qasim Umar Saleem Malik

]

Imran Khan Abdul Qadir

Saleem Yousuf Wasim Akram Tauseef Ahmed 1988 Mudassar Nazar Rameez Raja Shoaib Mohammad Javed Miandad Saleem Malik Ijaz Ahmed Saleem Yousuf Ijaz Faqih Abdul Qadir Wasim Akram 1990 Shoaib Mohammad Rameez Raja Zahid Fazal Javed Miandad Saleem Malik

]

Imran Khan

]

Saleem Yousuf Wasim Akram Mushtaq Ahmed Abdul Qadir Waqar Younis So as you can see that in the 80s side other than Miandad there was no other star in the batting line up. Bowling was a bit better but still no where near as good as it was in the 90s.

True. From 2000 'til 2003' date=' the only test series Pakistan won were against Banglastan, Zimbabwe and the worst West Indian team in history[/quote'] you forgot about the away wins against NZ, SL and the home win over SA…oh and the one off test win at home against NZ!

you forgot about the away wins against NZ' date=' SL and the home win over SA…oh and the one off test win at home against NZ![/quote'] That was a one-off only because of the bomb which went off close to the NZ players' hotel. PAK were humiliated by SL in the ATC and the wins vs SA and NZ came later. Speaking of NZ, didn't they beat PAK by an innings during the '01 series
That was a one-off only because of the bomb which went off close to the NZ players' hotel. PAK were humiliated by SL in the ATC and the wins vs SA and NZ came later. Speaking of NZ' date= didn't they beat PAK by an innings during the '01 series
No and yes Wins over SA and NZ both came in 2003. Yes NZ did win the final test by an innings but the series was tied 1-1( Malcom Sami's 1st series).
"Seriously though ' date=' this rift goes much deeper exposing the deep division in the social fabric of Pakistani society between Pathans and Punjabis. Chew this, the subjects are two Pathans , Afridi and Asif laughing at Punjabi Shoaib because he likened himself to a former cricketing great, a certain Imran Khan Naizi who happens to be god in the eyes of [b']Pathans in Pakistan . The gall of this inferior Punjabi to liken himself to this great supreme Pathan , Asif must have thought and hence the accompanied laughter and the subsequent outburst by Shoaib Akhtar for being belittled by a Pathan once again"
Again , when did I say Imran wasn't great or the contrary ? Looks like you have conveniently ignored this part "Asif must have thought". This is just my humble opinion of plausible scenario which may explain Shoaib's outburst because I feel he felt slighted as a Punjabi and it has got to do more with Pathan Punjabi rivalry. Even in your message board PP , I see this rivalry come out sometimes.