India v England in India, ODI bi-lateral series, 2013

How do u know,Pujara will open? I cannot see how jadeja at no 8 can fit in to india eleven when we tour,even at home with yuvi playing and ashwin batting above him he should not be in the team.
because he has opened in List A before n GG's spot is the most in question Jadeja allows us to play 3 seamers.Yuvraj is a part timer still.Ashwin is yet to prove himself as a ODI bat.
because he has opened in List A before n GG's spot is the most in question Jadeja allows us to play 3 seamers.Yuvraj is a part timer still.Ashwin is yet to prove himself as a ODI bat.
I do not know how u can be so sure when pujara was batting at no3 in india a vs wi a and in challenger series and dhawan in good form if gambhir fails. Jadeja bats at no8 for gods sake if we play a regular spinner it will not make any diff and abroad we will need 3 pacers + seaming allrounder + 1 spinner.
I do not know how u can be so sure when pujara was batting at no3 in india a vs wi a and in challenger series and dhawan in good form if gambhir fails. Jadeja bats at no8 for gods sake if we play a regular spinner it will not make any diff and abroad we will need 4 pacers + 1 spinner.
yep lowest Pujara has batted is no.3.but I guess it'd be hard to move Kohli from there,dont ya think?dont think Dhawan will straightaway come in for Gambhir.pretty sure it'll be Chawla. Jadeja bats at no.7.only in this series he batted at 8.I dont see a regular spinner so good to play just as a spinner even if hes a tailender.as I said we cant hv 4 tailenders abroad he can be the backup spinner to Ashwin or even there we might play 2 spinners against teams like England if the conditions are suitable.
yep lowest Pujara has batted is no.3.but I guess it'd be hard to move Kohli from there,dont ya think?dont think Dhawan will straightaway come in for Gambhir.pretty sure it'll be Chawla. Jadeja bats at no.7.only in this series he batted at 8.I dont see a regular spinner so good to play just as a spinner even if hes a tailender.as I said we cant hv 4 tailenders abroad he can be the backup spinner to Ashwin or even there we might play 2 spinners against teams like England if the conditions are suitable.
With ashwin ,Jadeja will bat at no 8 only. Bhuvi can bat and will get better,Regarding spinners ojha will not better than jadeja anyday.
With ashwin ,Jadeja will bat at no 8 only. Bhuvi can bat and will get better,Regarding spinners ojha will not better than jadeja anyday.
Jadeja has batted at 7 before this series,ahead of Ashwin.with Ashwin's failures,I reckon he'll be back to no.7 yes Bhuvan can bat,though it doesnt hurt to have another one who can bat.Bhuvan is at best a no.9. Ojha has similar ODI record in bowling,considering he hasnt toured Eng n Aus.Jadeja is obviously the better batsman.Ojha isnt good enough to make the team as a bowler alone
Jadeja has batted at 7 before this series,ahead of Ashwin.with Ashwin's failures,I reckon he'll be back to no.7 yes Bhuvan can bat,though it doesnt hurt to have another one who can bat.Bhuvan is at best a no.9. Ojha has similar ODI record in bowling,considering he hasnt toured Eng n Aus.Jadeja is obviously the better batsman.Ojha isnt good enough to make the team as a bowler alone
Dhoni said ashwin is a proper batsman and jadeja is a bits and pieces player so ashwin bats ahead of him. Bhuvi can bat at no 8 . Ojha has just played 18 matches and is india best spinner currently.
Dhoni said ashwin is a proper batsman and jadeja is a bits and pieces player so ashwin bats ahead of him. Bhuvi can bat at no 8 . Ojha has just played 18 matches and is india best spinner currently.
he said Jadeja is an allrounder.Ashwin isnt a proper batsman,even if Bradman says so.:cantstop: I guess he just wanted to experiment seeing Ashwin's Test exploits. Bhuvan batted very low for his IPL side too.I'm not sure hes as good to bat at no.8 can u tell me the basis on which u say Ojha is our best ODI spinner?
he said Jadeja is an allrounder.Ashwin isnt a proper batsman,even if Bradman says so.:cantstop: I guess he just wanted to experiment seeing Ashwin's Test exploits. Bhuvan batted very low for his IPL side too.I'm not sure hes as good to bat at no.8 can u tell me the basis on which u say Ojha is our best ODI spinner?
No This is what dhoni said-
"We should have scored more runs. Initially there was some movement but we should not have lost wickets in the mid innings. 168 was never enough so we did not look at the scorecard but concentrated on the areas we needed to bowl on. It was disciplined bowling," he said. Asked why R Ashwin was sent ahead of Ravindra Jadeja [ Images ], Dhoni replied, "For us he is a contributory cricketer. Ashwin is a proper batsman, so we thought I and Ashwin can have a partnership and then Jadeja can express himself (later on)." Jadeja actually played a crucial 27-run knock which helped India go past the 150-run mark. Yuvraj was India's hero in the World Cup with a superb all-round performance but he was not used much as a bowler in the current series. Dhoni said it was a deliberate move. "We need to give him some time to adjust to five-bowler theory. He is not suited to bowling with five fielders inside the ring. Let him practice more," he said. Dhoni also praised young pacer Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, whom he described as someone who is "smart" and knows his "limitations". On a question from a Pakistani journalist, Dhoni said the India-Pakistan matches have become a little soft as sportsman spirit has improved in both the sides.
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/pakistan-tour-india-we-need-to-be-patient-with-our-openers-dhoni/20130107.htm Bhuvi averages 30 in list A and FC. Ojha Is our best spinner in tests and Odis he has played just 18 matches and has a economy rate of 4.68 with 31 average,He is the best spinner currently we have .
Jadeja isn't the best but has more variety of strokes than Ashwin in LOIs.
Jadeja isn't the best but has more variety of strokes than Ashwin in LOIs.
yep.the move was more to take advantage of Ashwin's technique to consolidate n then later on Jaddu's strokeplay as that quote from Dhoni shows.nothing more
No This is what dhoni said- http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/pakistan-tour-india-we-need-to-be-patient-with-our-openers-dhoni/20130107.htm Bhuvi averages 30 in list A and FC. Ojha Is our best spinner in tests and Odis he has played just 18 matches and has a economy rate of 4.68 with 31 average,He is the best spinner currently we have .
that was game specific strategy.what Dhoni meant that Ashwin has a better technique to consolidate n Jaddu has more strokes which could be better used later on.nothing more. yep Bhuvi averages 30 in FC n Jaddu averages 50.that means.... surely Ojha is our best spinner in Tests.but in ODIs he hasnt done much to confirm that.he maybe only slightly better yes if at all.

that did not make any sense :cantstop: so if one is proper batsman he cannot hit? i htink he meant ashwin is just better batsman then him :dontknow: he just does not want to admit this fact but to win he will play him higher then jaddu by his logic yuvraj should bat at no 7 and ashwin at number 4 :wall: