pak troops cross LoC, kill 2 Indian jawans brutally (decapitated)

seedhi

also is this ur way to discuss topics here ? with religious mocking ? i dont give a damn now what do u think of me or about my country or about my religion . becoz u dont have the basic ethics to conversate in healthy discussion. when few indian posters dont know how to conversate on topics with healthy discussion the only way they found to runaway from conversation with religious mocking. Peace.
awwww, nice excuse of running away.

1. India-Pakistan generates more television viewership than any other non world-cup matches, so there is a greater incentive to host India-Pakistan 2. In the years where we are 'supposed to' host or visit Pakistan according to the FTP, we are left with few tests. Eg: 2013. We are 'supposed to' play Pak according to the FTP, which would've given us 10 tests for the year- a healthy number. Now that we don't play PAK, we are playing 4 tests vs AUS and 3 vs RSA and thats it. 7 tests in a non-world cup year or build-up year is unacceptable. Therefore, if we take it upon ourselves to host PAK during the FTP slots for India-Pakistan, not only would we be exploiting our enemy, we'd not be going through 'boom and bust' seasons of test cricket, where one year we play 12, next year we play 6. 3. If we offer to host ALL Pakistan home engagements,until a time when other teams are comfortable to visit Pakistan (which IMO is still a couple of years away), then it equates to billions of dollars revenue generated for us ( for surely, if we host it for them, we'd pocket atleast 80% of the revenues generated and the 20% we generate for them is probably greater than what PCB can generate in the first place), the PAK players interacting a lot more with the Ranji/ net practice level players and with 15 more players of test callibre hanging around the grounds and facilities in India clearly would aid our cricketing culture.
I am not sure I agree with your explanation that India needs Pakistan to make money. Whether the FTP is affected or not, BCCI has enough clout to make up for the perceived losses. I look at it this way - I am not willing to make a few extra bucks if it means it allows Pakistan to make 0.1 * (few extra bucks that I make) or even 0.0000000000000000000001 * (...) We are not in an existential crisis for us to go out of our way to play Pakistan.
PS: Thank you for being the first one on this thread to approach my idea with a calm' date=' logical and clinical mindset.[/quote']I have learned through experience (including at ICF) that the best discussions are had without ridiculing each other

Playing the long game. jyoti malhotra,16 January 2013 The decision to send back Pakistani music artistes and sports people — as if they were responsible for the despicable beheading of the Indian soldier on the Line of Control (LoC) last week — and to put on hold the visa-on-arrival facility for Pakistani citizens 65 years and above, is not only to be afraid of an army of old men and women hoping to melt India's hearts and minds, but is to be afraid of oneself. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is a man of integrity and intelligence. He clearly understands why this hysteria is being whipped up along the LoC, but he doesn't seem to have the courage to stop it. Four years after he took back a joint statement issued with Pakistan at the Egyptian resort town of Sharm-el Sheikh — for better or for worse, that's another story — the prime minister has repeatedly shown an inability to stand up for what he believes in, or at least what India must believe in. In both instances, Sharm-el Sheikh as well as today, the PM and his Congress party have ceded precious ground to the BJP, which has lulled itself into believing that virulent jingoism is an alternative to the hard-nosed business of foreign policy. Note how the BJP is demanding 10 Pakistani skulls for one Indian head, 10 eyes for an eye, even as it smacks its lips at the growing inability of the Congress party to deliver a "super-Israel" moment. But first, a look at the facts. The beheading of Lance Naik Hemraj, a gruesome, ghastly and horrendous act that no self-respecting army can condone, has rightly stirred considerable anger. And second, army sources accept, off-the-record, that this kind of unacceptable violence has taken place in the past, for instance, during Kargil. Of course it isn't business as usual. It would diminish the intelligence of millions of Indians to ask them to ignore what happened on the LoC last week and return to the minutiae of their lives. Instead, let us ask ourselves just one question before we press our policy-paralysed government into making hasty decisions that affect real people on both sides of the border: Who benefits from this recent rising tension? The answer to this is connected with India's self-image, growing economically from anywhere between 5-8% in recent years. If India wants to become the leader of South Asia and represent the region in world affairs, if it wants to be seen as an Asian power whose time has come, alongside China, then it must understand the delicate shifting of power that is taking place in each country in the region, including Pakistan. Inside Pakistan, people will surely look back on the last few days as one of those turning points in the life of a nation: After more than 72 hours, a protesting Shia Hazara community in Quetta on Monday began to bury over a hundred people killed in serial bomb blasts carried out by the terrorist group Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) last week. And as the Canada-returned cleric, Tahir-ul Qadri, arrived in Islamabad with several thousand fellow-marchers, demanding that the army and the judiciary be consulted in the formation of a caretaker government that will oversee elections in Pakistan in a few months, Pakistan's Supreme Court ordered the arrest of the prime minister. The Pakistani media has dubbed Qadri an army puppet. The Pakistani media's focus on Quetta's elders refusing to bury their dead shamed Islamabad into sacking the chief minister of the province — he was holidaying in London — and returned the focus on how terrorist groups like the LeJ are eating into the nation's vitals. It is the Pakistani media that continues to articulate the view that the people of Pakistan must engage with India much more, not less, if only to neutralise the invasive impact of the army as well as religious fundamentalism and terrorism on the life of their country. It is exactly to address the constituency of the people in Pakistan and hope they will begin to resist this unhealthy covert alliance that India delinked progress on the Mumbai attacks with progress on trade and greater people-to-people relations. But by cutting the ground from beneath the feet of the Pakistani 'aam admi' — hockey players, singers, 65-year-old senior citizens — the Congress party is not only showing itself to be the 'B' team of the BJP, but also that it has little understanding of the complex goings-on in its neighbourhood. If India wants to be a regional player, it must first understand the region. Pakistani terrorists in army uniform have targeted army headquarters in Rawalpindi as well as its naval headquarters in Mehran. Could they have beheaded Lance Naik Hemraj last week? If, indeed, the Pakistan army and certain terrorist groups benefit from rising tension on the LoC as a means to distract from the growing tension within the state, the only answer is to quietly continue to support the democratic cons-tituency inside Pakistan. With the Americans perhaps leaving Afghanistan this year, the neighbourhood is going to be aflame with several agonies. India has to learn to absorb pain. Hysteria is never the hallmark of great nationhood. At the rate the government is going, it may end up diminishing itself in the eyes of its own people.

In recent times I have seen Pakistani media way more mature than indian... Pak media 'represents' Paksitani sentiments but Indian media 'controls' indian sentiments...
Hey, if you're gonna compare dawn group to aaj tak, that's not fair. For every India tv, you have a bunch of lal topis and 'India released waters leading to flood' type journalists and experts.

Hey' date=' if you're gonna compare dawn group to aaj tak, that's not fair. For every India tv, you have a bunch of lal topis and 'India released waters leading to flood' type journalists and experts.[/quote'] Probably, but recently your whole media seems to be " India TVs "

In recent times I have seen Pakistani media way more mature than indian... Pak media 'represents' Paksitani sentiments but Indian media 'controls' indian sentiments...
Its the other way round. How many channels do you guys have that are not officially sponsored by the government ? Its those channels and when you have only one/two channels carrying news and interviews that are part of the establishment, that controls the opinion & forms them for the people. In India, it is like America- millions of tv channels, hosts, newscasts, etc. in over 15 different languages and while they do influence people significantly more in terms of fashion, trends and how to be 'cool', they are too diversified and too competetive with each other to 'drive' public opinion on important issues.

Probably' date=' but recently your whole media seems to be " India TVs "[/quote'] You're probably saying that because they will invite some ex generals who will have a raging opinion on your country. That's one aspect of the story which you choose to highlight and to be fair, some war hysteria actually sells well in such times. I'll guarantee you this though, journalists who question the motives of the ultimate higher ups (civilian govt in our case) are not found dead a few days later. Its not like you can say the same. I'm guessing you'll probably classify all of american media on similar lines, but read this through if you have the time, its one of the respected magazines: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/09/19/110919fa_fact_filkins?currentPage=all

Do we have any channel in India that has a show which incessantly talks about Pakistan and the neighboring states military tactics? By that definition itself' date=' Pakistan media reflects the country's view point.[/quote'] Dude I don't know much about Indian TV channels, the one that comes to mind is NDTV. For the past 2 weeks all they've been talking about is Pakistan. I think now the LOC shootings have died down but I'm honestly saying I have seen Pakistan on Indian channels more than I have seen India on Pakistani channels. Pakistani channels are usually focused on the internal problems, Talibs, long marches, stupid shyt politicans say...etc. There really isn't any time to have shows dedicated to India, not anymore at least

Its the other way round. How many channels do you guys have that are not officially sponsored by the government ? Its those channels and when you have only one/two channels carrying news and interviews that are part of the establishment, that controls the opinion & forms them for the people. In India, it is like America- millions of tv channels, hosts, newscasts, etc. in over 15 different languages and while they do influence people significantly more in terms of fashion, trends and how to be 'cool', they are too diversified and too competetive with each other to 'drive' public opinion on important issues.
Geo TV, Aaj TV, Dawn News, Samaa Tv, ARY news are just the big names. There are countless other smaller news channels. Alright lets make a deal, next time there is a big issue related to Pakistan and India, compare a Pakistani channel and an Indian channel's reporting. It'll shock you, atleast it shocked me recently.

Dude I don't know much about Indian TV channels' date=' the one that comes to mind is NDTV. [b']For the past 2 weeks all they've been talking about is Pakistan. I think now the LOC shootings have died down but I'm honestly saying I have seen Pakistan on Indian channels more than I have seen India on Pakistani channels. Pakistani channels are usually focused on the internal problems, Talibs, long marches, stupid shyt politicans say...etc. There really isn't any time to have shows dedicated to India, not anymore at least
The reason is - "we care" and beheading is not common in our society.

The reason is - "we care" and beheading is not common in our society.
There is a difference between caring and irresponsibly reporting an incident. Right after it happened god knows how many Indians issued "tough" statements and what not. Is that how the world's biggest democracy is supposed to act ? That's why we said the Pakistani media has been more mature, it did follow the event very closely but it didn't create this war-hysteria like in India

There is a difference between caring and irresponsibly reporting an incident. Right after it happened god knows how many Indians issued "tough" statements and what not. Is that how the world's biggest democracy is supposed to act ? That's why we said the Pakistani media has been more mature' date=' it did follow the event very closely but it didn't create this war-hysteria like in India[/quote'] Biggest democracy is supposed to send your high commissioner and his staff back and warn once and if it happens again then throw some heavy artillery up paks ass. Problem is that our sarkar is also mitti ke sher and half of them are illiterate buffoons

Geo TV, Aaj TV, Dawn News, Samaa Tv, ARY news are just the big names. There are countless other smaller news channels. Alright lets make a deal, next time there is a big issue related to Pakistan and India, compare a Pakistani channel and an Indian channel's reporting. It'll shock you, atleast it shocked me recently.
There is a difference between caring and irresponsibly reporting an incident. Right after it happened god knows how many Indians issued "tough" statements and what not. Is that how the world's biggest democracy is supposed to act ? That's why we said the Pakistani media has been more mature' date=' it did follow the event very closely but it didn't create this war-hysteria like in India[/quote'] Is your entire country full of dumb-$h1ts ? Why does democracy have to be brought up in random topics from every dork on your side ? BTW your entire media licks your army's bum. So don't talk about maturity. We were the mature ones not to retaliate after 26/11 and here you are b1tching about some television discussions.

whole indian media was literally unstoppable in calling Pak army barbaric, brutal, uncultured, uncivilized blah blah despite such was not actually a response from indian army, still they all kept on I would say playing with indian people sentiments till they didnt came to know their own indian 'doodh ki dhuli' army in past have been involved in such activities against Pak and that time they all were like Oops...