Pakistan in South Africa - 2013

Asim

even if Junaid doesn't do well in the South African series, it doesn't mean he can't be a quality bowler. Its unfair to expect a 22 year old with little experience to dominate such a fantastic batting line up. Besides lots of great bowlers didn't have great starts to their careers but improved as they got older. Imran, Hadlee, and even Steyn were not great from the begining, but became great. I expect Junaid to average between 25-30 with the ball. He'll probably end up averaging around 26-27 in this series. If he can do better than that, it would be truly amazing.

even if Junaid doesn't do well in the South African series, it doesn't mean he can't be a quality bowler. Its unfair to expect a 22 year old with little experience to dominate such a fantastic batting line up. Besides lots of great bowlers didn't have great starts to their careers but improved as they got older. Imran, Hadlee, and even Steyn were not great from the begining, but became great. I expect Junaid to average between 25-30 with the ball. He'll probably end up averaging around 26-27 in this series. If he can do better than that, it would be truly amazing.
exeactly..no one is saying he is not good but to expect him to win series on his own and hyping ur bowling to match south african bowling is wrong cant see pakistan wisnning unless they get track like lanka got last year

No real hopes from Pak batsmen in Tests, if anything good they can pull 'd b like a 'bonus' but yeah Jamshed, Misbah and Azher performance would be interesting to note. All hopes definetly belong to bowlers specially Junaid and Ajmal, would be hugly disappointing if they cudnt do well...

No real hopes from Pak batsmen in Tests' date=' if anything good they can pull 'd b like a 'bonus' but yeah Jamshed, Misbah and Azher performance would be interesting to note. All hopes definetly belong to bowlers specially Junaid and Ajmal, would be hugly disappointing if they cudnt do well...[/quote'] they will do well but even bowling wise south africa out class you...if this was on dubai track then pak bowling would have been better but not here
they will do well but even bowling wise south africa out class you...if this was on dubai track then pak bowling would have been better but not here
are you out of Your Mind even SA ex Players are saying Pakistan bowling will Give Hard resistance to South africa Junaid khan,Lethal Irfan and Young Ehsan adil
are you out of Your Mind even SA ex Players are saying Pakistan bowling will Give Hard resistance to South africa Junaid khan,Lethal Irfan and Young Ehsan adil
inexperienced junaid and other 2 guys a have not even debuted and ur saying my statemenet that south african attack is much better is so wrong that im mad? :hmmm: there you guys this is what happens when u believe in ur own created hype!
inexperienced junaid and other 2 guys a have not even debuted and ur saying my statemenet that south african attack is much better is so wrong that im mad? :hmmm: there you guys this is what happens when u believe in ur own created hype!
Agree totally with you that SA pace attack is better than Pakistan's. They have performed in Test after Test while our boys are inexperienced. And to talk up Irfan and Ehsan even before they have made Test debut is not wise. I have followed the pakistani bowlers very closely and no doubt Ehsan has bowled well in domestic cricket but international cricket is totally different. Till now he has only bowled to pakistani batsmen and as I have said earlier never judge a bowler bowling to the majority of our batsmen. Once Ehsan and Irfan bowls to Amla, Kallis, Smitc etc only then you will get an indication of where they stand. I do have confidience in our bowlers but you have to respect the SA pace attack. If Junaid and co can find the ideal length required on these wickets then SA will struggle to make big scores. It will be a good Test series.
Agree totally with you that SA pace attack is better than Pakistan's. They have performed in Test after Test while our boys are inexperienced. And to talk up Irfan and Ehsan even before they have made Test debut is not wise. I have followed the pakistani bowlers very closely and no doubt Ehsan has bowled well in domestic cricket but international cricket is totally different. Till now he has only bowled to pakistani batsmen and as I have said earlier never judge a bowler bowling to the majority of our batsmen. Once Ehsan and Irfan bowls to Amla, Kallis, Smitc etc only then you will get an indication of where they stand. I do have confidience in our bowlers but you have to respect the SA pace attack. If Junaid and co can find the ideal length required on these wickets then SA will struggle to make big scores. It will be a good Test series.
i hope it is good series i will support the under dogs :winky: just hate the hype some of players get even before debut..other then that i have nothing against pak..also would be interesting to see how young batsmen perform a good 100 here can change ur career! this is type of tour where u make name for urself..but even in best case scenario for pakistan i think south africa just outclasses them.. and honestly they will outclass every team at the moment,hoping for a good series :dance: