Tendulkar still attempted the shot

Rajiv

I couldn't help myself watching that replay over and over again Now, there was a difference of 0.000001 cm between bat , a point on the other side and sachin would have legitimate nick Now, say the snicko is 90% correct and so is that hot spot thing; it could have been the other way round too ! What I am trying is to say to say the ball itself was pretty good, sachin attempted the **** - missed and it seemed he nicked it and was given out. So basically he was saved by the 0.00001 cm Now, if that hot spot even showed a teeny bit of nick, we wouldn't be discussing this. Technology is always good but what if he actually brushed it ( if we can prove with a microscope )?

Chandan, umpires go by 1st feel, look, instance, vision. We can tear apart his decision when the slow-mo/hit-spot/snicko come in place v.s human eye A human eye who is standing 22 yards apart with technology in his ears ( earpiece ), so I feel its really really tough for a umpire to differentiate between a 0.00001 cm and a "thud" sound, its like he is obligated to put 2+2 together and that too within 4 secs. If the earpiece was not there, I bet you dar wouldn't have raised his finger. He was given that gadget and he used it, but sorry it was a mix up of coincidental attempt to hit the ball + bat hitting the pad We can curse the man till death but the circumstances involved in that shot were too obvious

Snicko showed absolutely nothing, neither did the hotspot. There was some noise of bat brushing the pad even before the ball reached the bat. There lies the biggest problem. Umpires can't distinguish that noise with snicks and obviously we're not fast enough to see all these, but the technology is good enough to catch it all. And as I've been saying, even 90% accurate technology will be the same for everyone, unlike umpires.