Should I or Shouldnt I

talksport

Guest dada_rocks

I am not, my wife is adamant on taking her Beetle to India.. Waise hi american bala ko india move karane ke liye manana ak big task tha, ye sab baten manani parengi warna ham yahin rah jayenge..:D

Guest dada_rocks
I sure hope they have....but be prepared still for it to be stuck in customs for a bit..happened recently to a friend of mine who recently relocated back to India.
Aditiji aapne us sabaal ke bare min kuchh bataya hi nahin.. custom ka rate kya hai.. maine suna hai ak car pe shayad koi custom nahin hai.. ye information kahan tak sahi hai..

Well Hyderabad is IMO among the top 5 cities in India now. I mean seriously the only real difference is the fact that you will get paid less (although the cost of living index is also lower). Maybe spend another year accumulating molah $$$$ in the UK and then making a switch to Hyderabad. Don't make the switch to soon, its a big decision. Going back to the UK from india will be MUCH harder. SO think and make the decision slowly & wisely.

Don't do it, talksport. Stay in England. You can watch Premiership matches in the afternoon as opposed to watching them late at night (as you would in India). Besides, the UK probably has the "homely" feel you would get in India. Indian restaurants on every block and all that. Move to South Hall or something
southall been taken over by islamic loonies and somalian nutters. Not the place it used to be! Feels like karachi or baghdad these days. Still has some top punjabi restaurants though:two_thumbs_up:

2 years time? I guess every first gen immigrant has that time frame of going back. 2 year syndrome!. I have heard people staying here for 10-15 have been planning to go back in 2-5 years timeframe. My advice to you is never have the 2 year wait period. Make solid plans, say like next summer. or in 2 months time. Because practically 2 years is a long time and things change so much in 2 years, you keep putting the 2 years off every year.

Guest dada_rocks
why would you want to take all the trouble to take a car to India..makes much more sense to sell it here and get yourself a new one back home.Now a days every major auto brand from toyota' date='honda,ford,GM,Fiat are selling big time in the growing Indian market.[/quote'] Reason (1)Apparently beetle is not sold in india yet (2)My propspective employer in india is willing to pay for the transportation cost so why not (3) Biwi ki kuchh baaten manani parti hain agar india jana ho to

My advice to you is never have the 2 year wait period. Make solid plans, say like next summer. or in 2 months time. Because practically 2 years is a long time and things change so much in 2 years, you keep putting the 2 years off every year.
Very true. Keep short term goal. The longer you plan you more difficult it is going to be to go back. My personal experience tells me that going back to India would be a spontaneous move(for me), I seriously can not plan where I am gonna be in 2009, just too many variables. xxx PS: Whats this fascination of taking Western cars back home? Reality check, Western cars would have a tough time working in Indian condition. An Indian car has a better chance of survival, specially as it is built for Indian roads, climates and so on.

Guest dada_rocks

PS: Whats this fascination of taking Western cars back home? Reality check, Western cars would have a tough time working in Indian condition. An Indian car has a better chance of survival, specially as it is built for Indian roads, climates and so on. ................ I think you are ill-informed here.. kabhi fursat mein dikhaunga specs

PS: Whats this fascination of taking Western cars back home? Reality check, Western cars would have a tough time working in Indian condition. An Indian car has a better chance of survival, specially as it is built for Indian roads, climates and so on.
Arent Western cars better made ? And consequently , well made cars survive everywhere ?

Arent Western cars better made ? And consequently , well made cars survive everywhere ?
Not neccessarily Sriram. Take the example of TATA vehicles. They are not as well-made as say Honda and Toyota, even Hyundai. But one thing they are great at, being aware of Indian condition. Most TATA vehicles when they came out had problems of various sorts but what they did excel was in having good shock absorbers(cr@ppy roads in India). Take the example of dealerships. Your TATA(or Maruti) breaks down, you take it to a dealer. Say your Volkswagen Beatle breaks down, where are you gonna take it to?? And where are you getting parts? Maybe in Mumbai/Delhi/Poona but Gaya or Madurai? Forget it. xxx

Guest dada_rocks

Yes u are right on servicing part but as far as make is concerned western cars do have same (thanks to the recent development in india in auto industry) if not better parts be it shock absorber or anything else..

Not neccessarily Sriram. Take the example of TATA vehicles. They are not as well-made as say Honda and Toyota, even Hyundai. But one thing they are great at, being aware of Indian condition. Most TATA vehicles when they came out had problems of various sorts but what they did excel was in having good shock absorbers(cr@ppy roads in India).
Yes and No. Well made vehicles should survive any roads/conditions , even in places where they are not meant to be used. The toyota pick-up is primarily a road vehicle but can survive tough terrain too. Now , whether these western cars are well made vehicles is an entirely different matter.
Take the example of dealerships. Your TATA(or Maruti) breaks down, you take it to a dealer. Say your Volkswagen Beatle breaks down, where are you gonna take it to?? And where are you getting parts? Maybe in Mumbai/Delhi/Poona but Gaya or Madurai? Forget it. xxx
Couldnt agree with you on that more. Maintenance / spare parts is a huge issue

^^ Dont take mechanic/part issue lightly DR. Please be advised that driving in India is so much more difficult than it is in Canada. I mean you can park the car outside your house(in India) and by the time you come out there is a dent in the side due to some cyclewallah. Whatcha gonna do?? Plus have you even checked the Insurance of non-Indian cars in India? Rest assured that would be more than local cars..not to mention extra expenses towards customs etc. Is it really worth all this? I personally dont think so. xxxx

Guest dada_rocks
^^ Dont take mechanic/part issue lightly DR. Please be advised that driving in India is so much more difficult than it is in Canada. I mean you can park the car outside your house(in India) and by the time you come out there is a dent in the side due to some cyclewallah. Whatcha gonna do?? Plus have you even checked the Insurance of non-Indian cars in India? Rest assured that would be more than local cars..not to mention extra expenses towards customs etc. Is it really worth all this? I personally dont think so. xxxx
I know that's why u wud never find a car without dent in india.:giggle:. but point is western car parts get through the same rigour of structural integrity..... There is no need to worry on that count.... Insurance I have not checked, you may have a point there.. But I have noticed insurance in general is less in india.. custom ka suna hai ak car pe free hai.. ( agar custom hua tab to I will have to go through another round of convincing the other half) dekhate hain kya hota hai

u really dont need to take cars back from the US.. i mean.. first of all, there's the left hand drive jhanjat... and u really get good cars in india.. from stuff like maybach, bentley, rolls royce, porsche, , mercs, beemers, to stuff like civic, corolla, camry, accord, city, etc... really dont need to worry....