Irani Trophy 2013 ( Feb 6-10)

saneindian

Vijay has a test 100 against Australia against a very decent bowling attack. Moreover' date=' Vijay and Tiwary are playing for different position. Rahane should be ahead of Tiwary for #6.[/quote'] That was a flat wicket and Australian bowling attack at that time wasn't great. Hilf, George and Johsnon along with Hauritz as spinner is a meh attack at best.
That was a flat wicket and Australian bowling attack at that time wasn't great. Hilf' date=' George and Johsnon along with Hauritz as spinner is a meh attack at best.[/quote'] Same meh attack did very well in that series and we were about to be beaten in Mohali.
Same meh attack did very well in that series and we were about to be beaten in Mohali.
At Mohali they had Dougie Bollinger and that wicket suited them more. At Bangalore both teams made near 500 in first innings before it began to turn and they played poorly with the bat. Their main spinner was also Hauritz.
At Mohali they had Dougie Bollinger and that wicket suited them more. At Bangalore both teams made near 500 in first innings before it began to turn and they played poorly with the bat. Their main spinner was also Hauritz.
He gave a good start and when openers gave good start, every thing looks rosy. I am not saying he is a great batsman but in Indian conditions, he wont do any worse than GG and Viru right now.
First a undeserved selection. Then 3 LBW's not given, a catch of a no ball on a flat track against a ordinary attack on his way to a ton. Now on this basis he will make the test team. This Vijay fella has some luck. :wall:
He should not but other options have not been tried.
He gave a good start and when openers gave good start' date=' every thing looks rosy. I am not saying he is a great batsman but in Indian conditions, he wont do any worse than GG and Viru right now.[/quote'] His FC record this season and this innings doesn't suggest so tbh. He just has a knack of scoring runs when selections are due.
Dhawan n Mithun should still be ahead of Vijay for opener's slot.Dhawan has had a great season and Mukund has a better record
Mithun ??????? I think you meant Mukund. He top scored in NZ too and deserves a go in India. Has only gotten a go so far on 2 tough tours while Vijay keeps getting go at home. Dhawan i am not sure off. He is more suited to ODI's and Vijay category.