Sachin tendulkar vs shahrukh khan

great siri

Sachin Tendulkar, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan top youth icons of India Preethi Chamikutty, ET Bureau Feb 22, 2012, 12.32AM IST If age is just a number, one place that this saying resonates loudest is in Brand Equity's Most Exciting Youth Brands Survey. Reason: the 15-24 year olds consider Sachin Tendulkar (38), Shah Rukh Khan (46) and Salman Khan (46) as their Top 3 icons; the arguably more dashing and fresh Virat Kohli, Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan can wait on the sidelines, presumably till the grey hair pops, for their turn. Though the average age of the Top 3 icons in our survey is 43 years, they clearly have a lot going for them: they are seen as trendsetters in their profession; inspiring role models; have a great style quotient; and are evidently convincing brand ambassadors for brands they endorse. Santosh Desai, MD & CEO, Futurebrands, a marketing consultancy firm, isn't surprised to see the names on the top of the list. "It is not right to say that youth relate only to young people. What they look up to today is achievement by the person; therefore real age doesn't really matter." Harish Krishnamachar, country head & SVP, World Sport Group (India), the agency that manages Tendulkar's brand associations thinks that age has nothing to do with what Sachin endorses. Most of his associations are long term and people come to him because they consider him someone who has made it big in cricket on his own ability. "Sachin is an inspiration to a lot of people because of the way he conducts himself in public and that again creates a good impression of him. However, we do ensure there is a consistency in the way people see him," adds Krishnamachar. Similarly critics who think Shah Rukh Khan should stop playing romantic leads are disconnected from the fact that youngsters still love to see him as 'Raj', a character he played in the mid-90s. Vinita Bangard, MD, Krossover Entertainment, the company that manages brand SRK, says it is precisely because of such performances that he is a favourite with the youth. "SRK built himself as an icon out of nothing and his story is as real as far as youth of this country is concerned. He is an embodiment of what an average Indian, middle class boy can do with his dreams and hard work. His ability to cut across the masses and classes makes him dear to brands as well," says Bangard. But don't be fooled that youngsters of our country only like the lover 'boys'. Salman Khan at No. 3 in the ranking speaks a lot for the angsty, anti-chocolate hero 'fighters,' too. Unlike our Top 2 icons, actor Salman Khan follows the K.I.S.S.(Keep It Simple Stupid) principle in life. He doesn't like to complicate things and that is the mantra that makes him a hit with youngsters. "I feel one way to get around all complications in life is to keep things simple. Whether it is movies, TV, ads, if you keep it simple, the appeal is universal," says the actor.
http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-02-22/news/31087199_1_salman-khan-icons-brand-ambassadors

Sarkari school pass ho munna? Angrezi nahi aati hai samajh? I said on "most polls", not all the polls. I just googled "most admired Indians" (look for yourself) - the first result is a survey from the Week magazine, carried out in 2000 when Sachin was at the peak of his powers, and the list has Sachin the top. Shahrukh does not even make the top ten. Another result shows a poll by NDTV where Sachin trumps both Amitabh and Shahrukh. Are you with me so far chachi ji? Right off the bat, I saw two polls putting Sachin ahead of Shahrukh. Which means what? It means that my point about majority of polls putting Sachin ahead is pretty accurate. Point two, the survey you've cited is exclusively amongst the youth. It means it has an arbitrary cut off age for participating in the poll. Chachi ji, it means a lot of Sachin's contemporary fans are automatically excluded to have their say. Now given the fact that this poll was carried out only months ago, in the twilight of Sachin's career, from a select demographic, and yet places him third on the list only further confirms my point. To repeat my original point, which you curiously ignored, Sachin is handicapped in such comparisons. Unlike Shahrukh, who can just come up with a third rate sentimental pot boiler, Sachin cannot whimsically summon some third rate team and score off against them.
Tumhari angrezi toh sarkari school fail baccha bhi samajh sakta hai. Don't flatter yourself Shakespeare. And yes, I'm sarkari school pass. Here is a link to level things off: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Youth_Icon_of_the_Year Not only Sachin, Shahrukh also has his disadvantages for such comparisons such as him being a Muslim and Hindi language movies and stars have minimal presence in South India unlike cricket.

Sarkari school pass ho munna? Angrezi nahi aati hai samajh? I said on "most polls", not all the polls. I just googled "most admired Indians" (look for yourself) - the first result is a survey from the Week magazine, carried out in 2000 when Sachin was at the peak of his powers, and the list has Sachin the top. Shahrukh does not even make the top ten. Another result shows a poll by NDTV where Sachin trumps both Amitabh and Shahrukh. Are you with me so far chachi ji? Right off the bat, I saw two polls putting Sachin ahead of Shahrukh. Which means what? It means that my point about majority of polls putting Sachin ahead is pretty accurate. Point two, the survey you've cited is exclusively amongst the youth. It means it has an arbitrary cut off age for participating in the poll. Chachi ji, it means a lot of Sachin's contemporary fans are automatically excluded to have their say. Now given the fact that this poll was carried out only months ago, in the twilight of Sachin's career, from a select demographic, and yet places him third on the list only further confirms my point. To repeat my original point, which you curiously ignored, Sachin is handicapped in such comparisons. Unlike Shahrukh, who can just come up with a third rate sentimental pot boiler, Sachin cannot whimsically summon some third rate team and score off against them.
Dude, I thought only yuppie girls made that comments to diss guys. Suppose I was wrong. Nice to see educated idiots taking stabs at someone who they perceive may not know English. As always you outdid yourself. Carry on :two_thumbs_up:

After much discussion, I am not anymore so sure about SRT's popularity over SRK. In the 90s, there was no beating SRT. But now, I guess, SRK is doing quite well. I wonder if Salman, the current undisputed king of the box office could top SRK's popularity? Akshay Kumar would come a distant third I guess.

omg he is a hell of a srk fan.and by the way just finished watching jab tak hai jaan using sub titles after he refered me and i want to ask a simple question -seriously are all bollywood movies this bad.omg more than 3 hour movie and all i saw is waiter of london becoming army general and defusing bombs' date='accident and jesus christ lol.[b']is this raone a good movie?
its only for kids :agree:(strictly for under 15/12)
oCA2ePye7Jk

a chapati mokam srk ki antha scene ledhu anna sachin jati ratnam ee shahrukh godu yenta sepu Pakistan bada vadiki
Marvelous idea. When you don't have any point to counter an arguement, start a conversation in Swahili (?) and throw in names of famous people and random countries. Imma try this myself now: SRK is better than Sachin. a varinkanga omgunrdu ishtam nalla anna bo!swahji feenas majna Sudan ini ka? SRK top moonari kadikila.

This kind of comparison is by nature unfair against sportsmen. Shahrukh Khan is in the show business (acting is incidental). If he's not popular, not instantly recognized, then he's a failure. It's his business to attract eyeballs. The geographic/demographic reach of Shahrukh's brand does not however logically entail that he's also more valued. If the question were reframed in terms of most admired Indians, Sachin would EASILY trump Shahrukh on most polls. It's a testament to Sachin's personality that without being in the show business, his visibility in the media rivals that of Bollywood's leading face.
Agree with the gist of your arguement that cinema stars are naturally better predisposed when it comes to popularity polls. That however, is because of the reach of cinema. Bollywood does a better job at reaching out to the masses than cricket. But why even make a distinction. A cricketer may not be in the show business per se, but a cricketer is still an entertainer. And only when he is successful will he be in the limelight (unless he is a Sreesanth). I did a quick google search on the 10 most admired Indians and here's what I found: http://www.kiranbedi.com/update.htm Sachin Tendulkar was well ahead of SRK. In fact, SRT was rated higher in all the metros. This at a time when SRK's popularity was at his all time high. If we were to conduct the same poll today, my guess would be that SRT, who has a world cup winner's medal to his name would beat SRK (whose been making the news for all wrong reasons) by an even bigger margin. Don't you think a poll on who is valued/admired more is biased too; in favour of the cricketer? A cricketer represents India, and everything that he does on the field is perceived as something done for the nation. His glory is our glory. His victories give us bragging rights. A filmstar's sucess on the other hand, doesn't bring any glory to me or you. In that he loses out.

a chapati mokam srk ki antha scene ledhu anna sachin jati ratnam ee shahrukh godu yenta sepu Pakistan bada vadiki
Marvelous idea. When you don't have any point to counter an arguement, start a conversation in Swahili (?) and throw in names of famous people and random countries. Imma try this myself now: SRK is better than Sachin. a varinkanga omgunrdu ishtam nalla anna bo!swahji feenas majna Sudan ini ka? SRK top moonari kadikila.
That's not Swahili, its telugu. :whack: True Translation of Sarakar's post: That Indian-flat bread-faced SRK doesn't have that much scene(:P) bro. Sachin is a caste jewel (???). This Shahrukh is always worried about Pakistan. :hatsoff:

No matter how much you try, you can beat him in patriotism. He has seen Gadar and Border many more times than you.

No matter how much you try' date=' you can beat him in patriotism. He has seen Gadar and Border many more times than you.[/quote'] Not to forget Balayya's blockbuster "Paramaveera Chakra". Sarkar watched the original telugu version more than 20 times while Mariyam watched the inferior dubbed version only twice.

^First of all accept my compliments for the exceptional command you possess over the supposedly 'superior' language and ability to express yourself. As a sarkari school pass I am of no match to you there. Secondly, your post doesn't prove ****. Your post are based largely on assumptions and your perceptions about the ways of the world. You think one doesn't need talent and certain skill to making it big and survive for 20+ years in one of the largest movie industry of the world. Popularity can't be directly proportional to admiration. I call that bullshit! Since we are trying personal theories to drive our points I thought why shouldn't I give it a shot? Here is my theory - When one decides to hate passionately someone/something they try to shut all the ways which can positively influence their perception towards that person/thing. They simply reject/ridicule the ideas even if they are as clear as day.- And here the fact is both have strong brand recall as well as fair share of their admirers/haters respectively. Your disagreement, unfortunately, doesn't change that. For me, there is no clear winner here and neither of them, as you like to call it, 'trumps' the other out.