sehwag-gambhir

Cricketics

Both played extremely well.Best opening partnership of the Chapionship so far.good to see sehwag back on track.Frankly speaking i was really disoppointed seeing india losing this game.After such a great start they just threw it away.For me the big disoppointment was Yuvraj.Most senior in the team and playing like a debutant.

We lost momentum after the fall of wickets of Sehwag/Gambhir. India, especially Dhoni were trying to do damage control, and taking singles whereas they should have kept up with the momentum. Either see out a bowler like Vettori, or hit him. India was stuck deciding what to do, costing them the match. Why we lost: -Indian bowlers not bowling yorker balls -giving up 75 in the last 5 overs -going in with 5 bowlers yet not bowling out Pathan -Trying to do damage control with 8 wickets in hand -Running between the wickets

You would really wonder why Pathan wasn't allowed bowl more eh? Pathan was the pick of the bowlers in the last game and he wasn't as bad as the rest of the bowlers but Dhoni trusted all but Pathan. I guess sometimes the captains just can't think. I'm a bit skeptical about Dhoni's captaincy. He looks to win everything and you could tell the pressure on his face when he came in to bat. He was pushing for singles coming in at no.4. What was there a need for him to push singles when he is a natural striker of the ball? I think he fears loss and looks under pressure to win. We need a captain that doesn't look as if his life depends on the game and play the sport with some amount of ease.

i don't know why the heck they didn't play chawla today.. they made a change in 12 man squad.. and that was removing rhoit sharma and bringing in piyush chawla.. now this should have given the hint to ppl that chawla would be playing the India-nz game as he has been placed in th12 man squad specially.. and he ended up being a cheer leader in the dugout