IPL's News III.

SLICKR392

As I m not an indian, I dont know about indian culture. I just want to know one thing that is WHAT IS MEANT IN INDIA BY MIDDLE FINGER SIGN?? I THINK IT MEANS SOMETHING NICE IN INDIA!!! RIGHT ? ? AS I SEE IN A REGULAR POSTER OF THIS SITE, SHOWING MIDDLE FINGER TO ALL EVERYDAYS IN ALL MOST EVERY THREADS!!!

As I m not an indian' date=' I dont know about indian culture. I just want to know one thing that is WHAT IS MEANT IN INDIA BY MIDDLE FINGER SIGN?? I THINK IT MEANS SOMETHING NICE IN INDIA!!! RIGHT ? ? AS I SEE IN A REGULAR POSTER OF THIS SITE, SHOWING MIDDLE FINGER TO ALL EVERYDAYS IN ALL MOST EVERY THREADS!!![/quote'] Yes, it means good luck!

Mushtaq Ahmed set to join Delhi Daredevils

Mushtaq Ahmed, the former Pakistan legspinner, is on the verge of joining the Delhi Daredevils as a spin-bowling consultant for the 2013 IPL season. Mushtaq signed the year-long contract recently, and is now waiting for the final paperwork to be delivered. "I have been offered a one-year deal," Mushtaq told ESPNcricinfo. "I have accepted it but the deal is yet to be finalised and is in process as written documentation is currently being exchanged." After retiring from the game in 2008, Mushtaq has been the spin-bowling coach with the England team. The ECB employed him on a consultancy basis so he is free to work for other organisations when not busy with England. The Daredevils, who missed out on the finals last year after losing to Chennai Super Kings in the play-off, wanted to beef up their support staff. Before the auction, they had identified the lack of quality slow bowlers as a perceived gap in the squad. South African offspinner Johan Botha and Sri Lankan legspinner Jeevan Mendis were duly bought to join the unheralded Shahbaz Nadeem, the left-arm spinner, who was impressive last year. Mushtaq will pair up with Eric Simmons, the former South Africa bowler, who is the head coach at the Daredevils. He will also be the second Pakistan player to be involved in a coaching role in the IPL; Wasim Akram has been working with the Kolkata Knight Riders as a fast-bowling consultant from the first season.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/content/current/story/604475.html

Daredevils bolster bowling in Nehra-Taylor swap

Ross Taylor, the former New Zealand captain, will turn out for his fourth Indian Premier League franchise in the sixth edition of the tournament that will be played later this year. Taylor, who played for the Delhi Daredevils in 2012, was traded to the Pune Warriors India in exchange for Ashish Nehra. Taylor spent just one season with the Daredevils, before which he played one season for the Rajasthan Royals (2011) after having spent three years with the Royal Challengers Bangalore (2008-10). Nehra has also floated about a bit, playing for the Mumbai Indians in 2008 before moving to Delhi for two seasons (2009 and 2010). Nehra, who was picked up by the Pune Warriors in 2011, missed that season through injury. The Delhi Daredevils, who have been on the look out for quick bowling options to strengthen their attack, were happy to have secured the services of Nehra. 廇shish Nehra will constitute an integral part of our bowling attack in the 2013 season, said TA Sekar, the former India fast bowler who currently heads the cricket division of GMR Sports, who run the Daredevils franchise. 廗e were the best team at the league stage in 2012, and with a player like him around, we are confident that we will go the distance. For their part the Pune Warriors were happy to acquire an attacking batsman. 廗e are elated to have a batsman like Ross Taylor in our ranks. He will add muscle, panache and of course, experience, to our middle order in the forthcoming season, Sushanto Roy, managing director, Sahara Adventure Sports Ltd, said. In the last season of the tournament, IPL V, Taylor managed only 197 runs from 12 innings, with one half-century. Nehra also had a middling tournament, picking up 11 wickets from 13 matches at an average of 36.54 and an economy rate of 8.37. The announcement of the trade came soon after the news that the Daredevils had signed CM Gautam, the Karnataka wicketkeeper batsman, on a one-year contract. Gautam had been part of the Royal Challengers Bangalore squad for four years but struggled to make it to the playing eleven. The signing comes on the heels of a fine performance in the 2012-13 Ranji season from Gautam, where he racked up 943 runs at an average of 117.87.Ross Taylor, the former New Zealand captain, will turn out for his fourth Indian Premier League franchise in the sixth edition of the tournament that will be played later this year. Taylor, who played for the Delhi Daredevils in 2012, was traded to the Pune Warriors India in exchange for Ashish Nehra. Taylor spent just one season with the Daredevils, before which he played one season for the Rajasthan Royals (2011) after having spent three years with the Royal Challengers Bangalore (2008-10). Nehra has also floated about a bit, playing for the Mumbai Indians in 2008 before moving to Delhi for two seasons (2009 and 2010). Nehra, who was picked up by the Pune Warriors in 2011, missed that season through injury. The Delhi Daredevils, who have been on the look out for quick bowling options to strengthen their attack, were happy to have secured the services of Nehra. 廇shish Nehra will constitute an integral part of our bowling attack in the 2013 season, said TA Sekar, the former India fast bowler who currently heads the cricket division of GMR Sports, who run the Daredevils franchise. 廗e were the best team at the league stage in 2012, and with a player like him around, we are confident that we will go the distance. For their part the Pune Warriors were happy to acquire an attacking batsman. 廗e are elated to have a batsman like Ross Taylor in our ranks. He will add muscle, panache and of course, experience, to our middle order in the forthcoming season, Sushanto Roy, managing director, Sahara Adventure Sports Ltd, said. In the last season of the tournament, IPL V, Taylor managed only 197 runs from 12 innings, with one half-century. Nehra also had a middling tournament, picking up 11 wickets from 13 matches at an average of 36.54 and an economy rate of 8.37. The announcement of the trade came soon after the news that the Daredevils had signed CM Gautam, the Karnataka wicketkeeper batsman, on a one-year contract. Gautam had been part of the Royal Challengers Bangalore squad for four years but struggled to make it to the playing eleven. The signing comes on the heels of a fine performance in the 2012-13 Ranji season from Gautam, where he racked up 943 runs at an average of 117.87.
http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-news/daredevils-bolster-bowling-nehra-taylor-swap/50546 :giggle: