Homeworkgate: Watson, Pattinson among four axed for third Test

NareshK

Well would not comment upon the Dhoni handling, as I don't want to divert the thread :winky: But, you are right. Some of the tactics by Oz think tank have been laughable. They might do well eventually, which would make our points laughable but as things stand now, they definitely look rattled.
what long term yar? you are playing number 1 team and its last match of series,series is level..whats bigger then this ? what are they keeping players fit for ? siddle and hilfy dont even play odis!:hysterical:
I don't think you can judge the merits of the actions purely from results. Do well or not; these actions are quite OTT. Bob Simpson & Allan Border made even difficult stands like ending people's careers who didn't toe the line. But' date=' their justifications [b']were cricket related which hardly seems like in this case.
that is the biggest difference..and why ex cricketers are so mad :hysterical: come on u cannot drop people like this.. discipline is one thing this is just some joke! clarke just trying to act tough..and if its not just this and if its deeper and there ism ore to it ike clarke says then drop people cos of it.. dont hide behind this joke:blink::blink:
what long term yar? you are playing number 1 team and its last match of series,series is level..whats bigger then this ? what are they keeping players fit for ? siddle and hilfy dont even play odis!:hysterical: that is the biggest difference..and why ex cricketers are so mad :hysterical: come on u cannot drop people like this.. discipline is one thing this is just some joke! clarke just trying to act tough..and if its not just this and if its deeper and there ism ore to it ike clarke says then drop people cos of it.. dont hide behind this joke:blink::blink:
I agree to the first part. But, they have taken an oath to follow the rotation policy, and since it's a policy that they have started to develop lately(under Clarke), atleast I would like to wait and watch the long term benefits of it. As for the second part, Clarke has had issues with the players before as well. Maybe he's just giving idiotic reasons, but the real reasons can be anything.
I agree to the first part. But, they have taken an oath to follow the rotation policy, and since it's a policy that they have started to develop lately(under Clarke), atleast I would like to wait and watch the long term benefits of it. As for the second part, Clarke has had issues with the players before as well. Maybe he's just giving idiotic reasons, but the real reasons can be anything.
that is the thing na.. give real reason and dont hide behind this stupid bs reason.. and about rotation ,whats the use of long term if ur playing most important test match against number 1 side and u dont have ur main bowlers.. not cos of injury but because of policy!:hatsoff:
that is the thing na.. give real reason and dont hide behind this stupid bs reason.. and about rotation ,whats the use of long term if ur playing most important test match against number 1 side and u dont have ur main bowlers.. not cos of injury but because of policy!:hatsoff:
That's what we feel that it is not right. Look I am not defending the rotation policy per se' but it's like they have made a policy and want to stick to it irrespective of the conditions etc. What they do eventually with it would tell us whether it was right or wrong.
That's what we feel that it is not right. Look I am not defending the rotation policy per se' but it's like they have made a policy and want to stick to it irrespective of the conditions etc. What they do eventually with it would tell us whether it was right or wrong.
it makes no sense to me u have to see how bowler is doing and then rotate ..u cannot just rest bowler who is in rhythm fully fit in great shape...it jsut hampers with progress of bowler.. try resting dale steyn in good form or even try removing him from spell he will kill ya :haha: what south africa do is much better play all bowlers available in tests and rest during less important matches.. yes morkel and philander got injured but chances of them all getting injured are almost impossible..and they give proper rest after important matches.. why rest people according to some schedule? i dont get it..

For entertaining players like Watson, doing the T20 circuit is a decent way to end a career. The cricket is short and fun, lots of time to relax outside of matches, you get to travel a lot and see many places and the money is very good. It's a good time to be a cricketer, the previous generations didn't have anything this lucrative.

The rotation policy comes from data of bowlers in the past like McDermott, Bruce Reid etc. I can understand that as it has some rationale - one way or the other. This incident however has no rationale at all - yes it is about attitude but the attitude is on the field not off it. Will Arthur have the guts to drop a player who is listless on the field but follows that up with great speeches and motivational presentations? I don't think so - think about how Warner, Hughes were out playing the same sweep shot which they discussed not to play. How about penalizing them (like it happened with Damien Martyn during the Simpson era) rather than crying over 3-point notes and HWs? Way to miss the point mate.

it makes no sense to me u have to see how bowler is doing and then rotate ..u cannot just rest bowler who is in rhythm fully fit in great shape...it jsut hampers with progress of bowler.. try resting dale steyn in good form or even try removing him from spell he will kill ya :haha: what south africa do is much better play all bowlers available in tests and rest during less important matches.. yes morkel and philander got injured but chances of them all getting injured are almost impossible..and they give proper rest after important matches.. why rest people according to some schedule? i dont get it..
That's the catch isn't it? the Oz bowlers have been far more brittle. You see the likes of Pattinson/Cummins/Harris, they have really been injury prone, so much so that they break after playing a single test at times. The other side, at which I would still say that Oz is better than SA is that they have a better pool of fast bowlers. SA rely heavily on the 3 but how good are the rest, we don't know. I know the new guy picked some wickets but he's untested. What if Steyn/Morkel/Philander, all break down together? Maybe the Oz are looking to risk a series or 2 for a bigger fast bowling pool.
The rotation policy comes from data of bowlers in the past like McDermott, Bruce Reid etc. I can understand that as it has some rationale - one way or the other. This incident however has no rationale at all - yes it is about attitude but the attitude is on the field not off it. Will Arthur have the guts to drop a player who is listless on the field but follows that up with great speeches and motivational presentations? I don't think so - think about how Warner, Hughes were out playing the same sweep shot which they discussed not to play. How about penalizing them (like it happened with Damien Martyn during the Simpson era) rather than crying over 3-point notes and HWs? Way to miss the point mate.
+1.
+1
That's the catch isn't it? the Oz bowlers have been far more brittle. You see the likes of Pattinson/Cummins/Harris, they have really been injury prone, so much so that they break after playing a single test at times. The other side, at which I would still say that Oz is better than SA is that they have a better pool of fast bowlers. SA rely heavily on the 3 but how good are the rest, we don't know. I know the new guy picked some wickets but he's untested. What if Steyn/Morkel/Philander, all break down together? Maybe the Oz are looking to risk a series or 2 for a bigger fast bowling pool.
oz attack is very over rated for south africa abbot guy came in and got 7 wickets..still no hype:haha: cummings get 5-6 and he is best young talent ever...and after that has not even played any test match! imo south africa have shown enough bench strength.. anyway its another topic wont derail here.. btw de lange got fit again was bowling 150k + in come back t20 game :giggle: this isn ot india we are talking about they have enough bowlers to come in and do decent job. see i get how they are panning for long term but problem with test is there is no world cup at end for which u have to develop.. each and every series is important...
oz attack is very over rated for south africa abbot guy came in and got 7 wickets..still no hype:haha: cummings get 5-6 and he is best young talent ever...and after that has not even played any test match! imo south africa have shown enough bench strength.. anyway its another topic wont derail here.. btw de lange got fit again was bowling 150k + in come back t20 game :giggle: this isn ot india we are talking about they have enough bowlers to come in and do decent job. see i get how they are panning for long term but problem with test is there is no world cup at end for which u have to develop.. each and every series is important...
I don't think Oz attack is over rated. You are judging them by the way they have bowled in India. Yes, they did run out of gas in the Perth test, but that was one off. They would do pretty well in England as well. SA, latley have started to show good bench strength. Abbott took his wickets against Pakistan in a dead rubber. Sterner tests await him and then the jury shall be out. But, again, it's not as strong. You see the other bowlers they have in reserve. Rory something(I can't spell his last name), Tsotsobe, De Lange has been injured since his debut.
I don't think Oz attack is over rated. You are judging them by the way they have bowled in India. Yes, they did run out of gas in the Perth test, but that was one off. They would do pretty well in England as well. SA, latley have started to show good bench strength. Abbott took his wickets against Pakistan in a dead rubber. Sterner tests await him and then the jury shall be out. But, again, it's not as strong. You see the other bowlers they have in reserve. Rory something(I can't spell his last name), Tsotsobe, De Lange has been injured since his debut.
and what have aussie bowlers done ? ony pattinson has proved he is ready..starc has been ok still needs to learn how to bowl in tests bird performed aganst lankans in dead rubber i dont rate johnson he still bowls usual filth like before siddle has been good but hilfy has been ineffective vs big teams.. harris is done he is not even in contention any more and cummings played one match and has been injured after that for most part..which of them are proven performers?

This is bullsheet. England did the opposite, overlooking differences with KP to boost their squad for India. And the move paid off handsomely. Australia is already in dire straits and is getting rid of its key assets (Watson and Pattinson). Even the Symonds axe was pretty thick, at least Aussies got away with it, as they had enough talent to cover for. But this move is bewildering! I still would not put it past any team to **** over our cr@p team, but Aussies are digging a grave for themselves here. A whitewash by *this* Indian team has to be the worst any team could hope for in test cricket. Aussies seem to be craving for it.