Homeworkgate: Watson, Pattinson among four axed for third Test

NareshK

Iain O'Brien @iainobrien What if those 4 Aust players were training/netting/gyming - making themselves better personally - & didn't have time to "form fill"? Lots of advice for these players
Honestly, what has transpired in this last hour is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
"Unfortunately four players didn't comply with that. We pride ourselves on attitude. We have given the players a huge amount of latitude to get culture and attitude right. We believe that those behaviours with what we want to do with this team, how we want to take this team to be the best in the world, teams that are the best in the world have best attitudes and best behaviour patterns and a good, hard, ruthless culture. I believe those four players unfortunately did not meet my requirements so those four are not available for selection for this Test match.
~ Mickey Arthur
Looks like Rob(Robelinda2) is having a twitter convo with Stuart MacGill. He is saying that the 4 players were dismissive when Mickey Arthur warned them that this tour would be tough.
That can be confirmed as well - there was a mention about this on Cricinfo after the last Test match conference.