Mourinho leaves Chelsea

apocalypse

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has sensationally left Stamford Bridge by mutual consent, the club has confirmed. The news comes just 24 hours after the disappointing Champions League draw against Rosenborg. BBC Radio 5live football correspondent Jonathan Legard understands Mourinho texted senior players, including skipper John Terry, with the news. Mourinho joined Chelsea in the summer of 2004 and led them to the Premiership title in each of his first two seasons. Last season they finished runners-up to Manchester United but won both the FA Cup and Carling Cup, a trophy they had also collected in 2005. His achievements also saw him voted as Premiership manager of the year in 2005 and 2006. However the Champions League trophy eluded the club and this season's campaign started with Tuesday's shock 1-1 result against the Norwegians in front of a crowd of just 24,973. It was their third successive game without a win following a 2-0 defeat at Aston Villa and a goalless draw with Blackburn in the Premier League. Those results have left Chelsea fifth in the table - two points behind leaders Arsenal and with a visit to Manchester United to come on Sunday. He did have one unique record during his reign in never losing a home league game at Stamford Bridge. Mourinho signed a five-year contract in 2005 and quashed speculation in January that he would leave Stamford Bridge in the summer by saying he was happy to see out his deal if he received "real support" from the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003912.stm

Drogba: I'm off as well By IAN McGARRY September 21, 2007 DIDIER DROGBA has vowed to follow Jose Mourinho OUT of Chelsea. Friends say the Ivory Coast striker, 29, is “furious and upset” after Mourinho’s sacking. Drogba was in tears as Mourinho said goodbye to the players yesterday and is now prepared to ask for a transfer. A pal said: “Didier is absolutely furious with Chelsea and cannot believe they would sack Mourinho like this. "He looked on Jose as his mentor and does not know that he can achieve his best form for Chelsea under another coach. “It will take a few weeks yet before he’s fit to play but it’s a matter of when and not if that he’ll leave the club.” Drogba was Blues’ top scorer last term with 33 goals. AC Milan monitored his situation in the summer and would be prepared to pay £25million if he became available. And there could be yet more trouble for Chelsea as Drogba’s close friend Michael Essien is also upset by the week’s events. On top of that, Frank Lampard — Mourinho’s most trusted on-field general — has just 21 months left on his current contract. Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira could be two more to leave the club. Mourinho broke his silence last night on Portuguese TV. He said: “I’ll take my time and relax after what happened. “I’ve worked hard the last few years. I’m not going to rush into a new job.”

Yes united sucks balls, full of diving cunts!!! Though I like Tevez and Giggs, my hatred towards Ronaldo, Rooney, and Scholes (who btw should get a red every 2 games but doesn't I dunno why) is far greater. Shitty roster with Vidic, Carrick & co, and USELESS defensive line barring Rio. They JUST GET LUCKY, like today!! Never seen a goal scored in the 3rd minute of added time of the FIRST HALF!!! Blatant cheating, and then the Saha dive CUNTS ALL OF THEM Chelsea shouldn't have been playing with 10 men seriously something wrong with the refs. Towards the end Joe Cole was intentionally trying to get a red and injure C Ronaldo and the ref didn't book him :hysterical: