Anti Ajinkya Rahane Brigade

His major failure was in West Indies. I wouldn't blame him for his failure in SA . 19(52) and 9(27). It was more than what Tendulkar achieved in that test. Apart from Laxman everyone else had torrid time on that surface.
Its not about the scores but vijays struggles .He just looked out of sea when the ball bounced chest height.He did not have the cut shot or pull and just poked to slips.
And what has Vijay done in ODI's ? Rahane was much better in England than Vijay was either in Windies or SA. ODI and Test are different games anyway. Otherwise select Raina and Yuvraj and be done with it.
Rahane did zilch in the WI-A tour as well. Ditto in the tour games in Australia against Australia. His list of failures in the 4-5 day format against half-decent opposition is really long. If you add them up, he's probably got 5 single-digit scores and not touched 50 in 11 knocks. He averages 25 in 16 ODIs. This is not really a comparison between Vijay and Rahane, but just some of Rahane's individual stats.
Its not about the scores but vijays struggles .He just looked out of sea when the ball bounced chest height.He did not have the cut shot or pull and just poked to slips.
yeah but struggling here is one thing on tracks like this itsm uch harder as one ball might not even rise till ur waist and other might hit u on head in south africa or australia u can just confidently leave ball and tbh short ball has not stopped him from playing well on front foot so i still think he was very impressive
Rayudu in NZ ? Mukund was top scorer in both ODI's and Tests.
dont get fooled by that on tough tracks he ended up batting with tail in odis and own matches on his own and in tests veery one smashed nz on flat track but in first match he was the best batsman by far
Opening is not an easy joke man especially if you grow up on Indian surfaces. It takes a while to evolve. He has taken first step towards that. It is not like our other openers are going to sizzle there. There is no guarantee. Viru struggles even at home these days. Gambhir has become a perennial poker. These are the two alternatives we have now. I would take his 30s and 40s seeing off the new ball for a start. No matter how much you are gifted (eg Sehwag) in helpful conditions for pace bowlers openers must show exemplary discipline. If he shows discipline and plays with soft hands ( so that edges don't carry to slips) he should be able to produce atleast 2 or 3 good innings there.
Mukund is a hack. Once the ball is pitched up he gets into all sort of problems.
track where he scored runs was flattest track on whole tour i think 2 batsmen scored 200 or near it one was mandeep other mukund and then others too played well (from both teams ) rest of tour every one struggled other then rayadu who was back bone of our side in all formats
Rahane did zilch in the WI-A tour as well. Ditto in the tour games in Australia against Australia. His list of failures in the 4-5 day format against half-decent opposition is really long. If you add them up, he's probably got 5 single-digit scores and not touched 50 in 11 knocks. He averages 25 in 16 ODIs. This is not really a comparison between Vijay and Rahane, but just some of Rahane's individual stats.
It wasn't me who brought up Vijay anyway. But now you have accepted Vijay looked a hack then let's move on. And yeah, he didn't do well in West Indies along with almost all other batsman but did decently on England A tour IIRC. And how many FC tour games he played in Aus ? ANd how long were they ? That 1 game is just bullshit criteria to judge anyone. And the Bolded proves nothing and is ubstantiated anyway. Everybody fails somewhere ffs and he has been playing only 1/2 matches here and there for last 2 seasons because of bench warming. As for ODI's as i said different game. His List A record isn't great either. Otherwise select Raina and Yuvraj and be done with it. World Class ODI batsman and everything. :giggle: He will be decent in ODI's too once he settles in tests and the team and still 25 average if you see the series he has played (Which haven't been high scoring) is not the worse in the world. I'd be fine if he gets dropped from the ODI team right now as a opener but he deserves a longer go in tests. Certainly atleast as much as Vijay.