Why Tendulkar must retire now

To cricketers and sportsmen, the $20 would be a round robin match with zero consequences to the main objective and $100 would be any game where loss = elimination from the greater prize. Not just world cup finals. Performing while the chips are down and the odds are heavily stacked in the opposition's favor, in a must win match is pressure. Does not matter if its the Kitply cup, world cup finals, world cup semi finals or the quarters. That is the part that someone who has never played cricket seriously at any level will not understand.
So are you telling me coming in at 20/3 after 5 overs while chasing 280 in 50 overs will have the same amount of pressure in a) Domestic List A game, b) Bi-lateral odi series decider, c) Kitply Cup final and d) World Cup final??? Based on the sort of statements you have made I doubt whether you have actually worked anywhere in life, forget playing cricket at any level the way you seem to be trumpeting. Anyone familiar with any line of work will tell you that performance is impacted for the same situation/scenario/task depending on the stake. E.g., a presentation made to an internal team will vary from the presentation made to a client for a $1million contract, and which in turn will vary if the same presentation has to be made to a client for a $20 million contract with client CEO and yours present. As per your assertion they are all the same scenario but anyone in services, or maybe other sectors as well, can tell you this is simply not the case.
I guess based on 'world cup finals is all that matters', Collis King should be an auto-select to any ODI XI, since he outshone even Viv in the finals, Sehwag is the greatest Indian ODI batsman of all and Akhtar is a better bowler than Wasim Akram.
Thats the exact same thing as the right wing morons say in US. If you allow homosexuality, bestiality is next :hysterical: Why the hyperbole?? Did you read anyone comment on Collis King being an auto-select??? or Akhtar better than Akram?? You yourself suggest so, and blame the other person for it:haha:
Performing while the chips are down and the odds are heavily stacked in the opposition's favor' date= in a must win match is pressure. Does not matter if its the Kitply cup, world cup finals, world cup semi finals or the quarters. That is the part that someone who has never played cricket seriously at any level will not understand.
or the finals you play in after the leisurely Sunday afternoon brunch perhaps with a bunch of pot bellied dads. Oh wait!!! I need to run. I am getting late for a pressure cooker filled, WC Final/Kitply cup Final type game. Will keep you posted if I choked or not. Stay tuned!!!!!!
or the finals you play in after the leisurely Sunday afternoon brunch perhaps with a bunch of pot bellied dads. Oh wait!!! I need to run. I am getting late for a pressure cooker filled' date=' WC Final/Kitply cup Final type game. Will keep you posted if I choked or not. Stay tuned!!!!!![/quote'] Dont make BS arguments. I didnt say the quality didn't matter, i said the occasion does not. It does NOT matter if you play against Steyn-Philander/ Wasim-Waqar in Kitply Cup final or World Cup final. The pressures are the same, with due consideration to match situation and the opposition given a constant, regardless of the occasion of whether it is Kitply Cup final or World Cup semi Final or World Cup final. What matter is simple- (for eg): you are the last established batsman and Donald-Pollock have 10 overs left between the two, with 30 overs left and 150 runs needed. Those are the conditions ( the match situation and the match result- must win scenario) that matters to determine whether it is a pressure situation or not. It doesnt become more pressure because its world cup final anymore than ti is kitply final. Find me a player who says so- that facing Donald-Pollock in world cup final is more difficult than facing them in world cup semis and then you may have a case for artificially differentiating world cup finals from world cup semis/quarters/other 'must win matches'. Till then, it is just pure nonsense.
Dont make BS arguments. I didnt say the quality didn't matter, i said the occasion does not. It does NOT matter if you play against Steyn-Philander/ Wasim-Waqar in Kitply Cup final or World Cup final. The pressures are the same, with due consideration to match situation and the opposition given a constant, regardless of the occasion of whether it is Kitply Cup final or World Cup semi Final or World Cup final. What matter is simple- (for eg): you are the last established batsman and Donald-Pollock have 10 overs left between the two, with 30 overs left and 150 runs needed. Those are the conditions ( the match situation and the match result- must win scenario) that matters to determine whether it is a pressure situation or not. It doesnt become more pressure because its world cup final anymore than ti is kitply final. Find me a player who says so- that facing Donald-Pollock in world cup final is more difficult than facing them in world cup semis and then you may have a case for artificially differentiating world cup finals from world cup semis/quarters/other 'must win matches'. Till then, it is just pure nonsense.
Pressure is not only about what happens on the field. There is an added pressure of the media and fans in the bigger matches. And no, even for cricketers from a cricketing point of view not all matches are equal. For example, Tendulkar confessed to have been gearing up and thinking about the '03 match against Pakistan for a year. I doubt he does that for a Kitply final.
Dont make BS arguments. I didnt say the quality didn't matter' date= i said the occasion does not. It does NOT matter if you play against Steyn-Philander/ Wasim-Waqar in Kitply Cup final or World Cup final. The pressures are the same, with due consideration to match situation and the opposition given a constant, regardless of the occasion of whether it is Kitply Cup final or World Cup semi Final or World Cup final. What matter is simple- (for eg): you are the last established batsman and Donald-Pollock have 10 overs left between the two, with 30 overs left and 150 runs needed. Those are the conditions ( the match situation and the match result- must win scenario) that matters to determine whether it is a pressure situation or not. It doesnt become more pressure because its world cup final anymore than ti is kitply final. Find me a player who says so- that facing Donald-Pollock in world cup final is more difficult than facing them in world cup semis and then you may have a case for artificially differentiating world cup finals from world cup semis/quarters/other 'must win matches'. Till then, it is just pure nonsense.
So as per you Kitply Cup final and WC Final are one and the same for players with the same amunt of pressure :giggle: And you were the one who was saying I don't understand things as I haven't played "3 day cricket" and stuff like that :hysterical:
Seems like I have played enough cricket to know the very basics that you guys have no clue on- such as pressure is due to the match status (must win or not) and match condition ( how many wickets left ? how many runs requiered ? how many balls left ?etc) and not whether it is a world cup match or not. All players say the same thing when they win touneys and i am yet to hear a player say that winning the world cup final is the hardest match to play in. Maybe you can find some former players who have played in the world cup finals who say that it is the hardest match/the most pressure intensive match etc ? A strawman argument. I never said that there is no such thing as pressure vs no pressure scenario, what i said is that you guys are differentiating the world cup final from all other pressure based scenarios artificially, purely from the glamor angle to it, which has nothing to do with cricket. As such, pressure scenario = tournament finals, elimination rounds and 'must win group stage' games. If you are passing some sort of judgement based on the entire gamut of high pressure situations, fine. But you are not. You are trying to convince us that world cup finals are somehow more special and harder than all the other pressure scenarios. Which is utter bollocks and which is why, as i said, no author worth their salt has ever made a case of greatness on the basis of world cup finals. To you, who is not a cricketer or has ever played even a 3 day game at any level, is irrelevant. To cricketers and sportsmen, the $20 would be a round robin match with zero consequences to the main objective and $100 would be any game where loss = elimination from the greater prize. Not just world cup finals. Performing while the chips are down and the odds are heavily stacked in the opposition's favor, in a must win match is pressure. Does not matter if its the Kitply cup, world cup finals, world cup semi finals or the quarters. That is the part that someone who has never played cricket seriously at any level will not understand.
Thats some real **** :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: