Alltime XI challenge

Who is the best batsman? I never said any one as the best batsman' date=' did I? I challenged some folks contention that only one or two players are automatic choices, which is a load of BS. Tendulkar certainly is not an automatic choice[b'] and I gave my reasons for it, unlike some of you losers, who cannot look at the game past one or two players.
Sorry, loser kid, your 'reason' is nothing more than ignorance. Your reason 'Tendy didnt do well in world cup final, which is two matches out of 400+, so therefore, he is trash' is not supported by statistical methodology (where 2 out of 400 is an insignificant SP) or by expert opinion. So therefore, your 'reason' is not reason enough, it is simple balderdash.
Sorry your Tendulkar is not head and shoulders above others, lest India would have won more share of finals had they had siuch a player in their presence, losing like 16-17 finals on a regular basis under Ganguly with Tendulkar opening.
A top order batsman is being evaluated for matchwinning-ness in a game where the fundamental equation to winning are bowlers restricting the opposition to less runs than the opposition conceded. You wouldn't happen to be a Paki with such demented logic, would you ?
So keep crying all you want, but certain things do not add up. For the record both Viv and Gilly (especially if one takes into consideration his WK, and his ability to change a game with the bat in a few overs - heck he finished a WC final with in a few overs of the start) are better choices than Tendulkar, if one is really willing to slot someone as an automatic.
Keep blabbering like an ignorant kid all you want, but Tendulkar is a must-have in any alltime ODI XI by every single expert opinion. I will go with that, over the rantings of an ignoramus kid who barely has knowledge enough of how cricket was played in the 1990s, nevermind earlier.
When two experts are talking' date=' fans like you take a note of it. Not disrupt. Got it.[/quote'] Get off of your self-aggrandized high horse, kiddo. You are no expert, you are just another tom,dick and harry kid who thinks being difficult and different is a sign of expertese.
oh oh oh m not at all talking about sachin mr.loser another blah blah stuff from you :hehe: 16-17 on a regular basis ? let me tell you what sachin and ganguly avgs 55 and 37 respectively in tournament finals and your gilchrist 37 so sachin has clearly outperformed gilly in finals look who is whinging here yes you can have even have afridi in your team(since you drool too much with players sr :haha:) who cares :dontknow: nah its just a waste of time you can better save your energy or even start watching cricket :dontknow:
That is fine, you can think of Ganguly as a great player and appear ignorant. Since you brought up Afridi, you can take him too on your all-time team. Ganguly (the drama queen) and Afridi (the retirement king) will be two of a kind, and your team will look good. Now be happy.
That is fine' date= you can think of Ganguly as a great player and appear ignorant. Since you brought up Afridi, you can take him too on your all-time team. Ganguly (the drama queen) and Afridi (the retirement king) will be two of a kind, and your team will look good. Now be happy.
Given that none other than Gavaskar,Boycott, Tony Greig,Toy Cozier,etc. all think that Ganguly is a great ODI batsman, it is only you who is appearing ignorant by presenting a contrasting opinion to those of the experts. Apparently in your make-believe world you know more about batsmanship than former great batsmen and excellent players. In real world, their opinions > your opinion. But kids like you are dime-a-dozen who think they know more than experts in the field. Give it a few years and you will grow out of it,kiddo.
That is fine' date=' you can think of Ganguly as a great player and appear ignorant. Since you brought up Afridi, you can take him too on your all-time team. Ganguly (the drama queen) and Afridi (the retirement king) will be two of a kind, and your team will look good. Now be happy.[/quote'] ganguly is a great player we dont need your certificate, btw m not mr.harmuk to have someone like afridi in my team :agree:
The biggest de-railer of the thread now pleading for relevance to the thread ? Oh the joke! :haha::haha:
Can you show me the post where I started derailing(of course I responded to a couple of lunatics) the thread excepting challenge your stupidity:dance::dance:, which is very relevant here.
Can you show me the post where I started derailing the thread excepting challenge your stupidity:dance::dance:' date=' which is very relevant here.[/quote'] What you call challenging my stupidity is exposing your own. For it is stupid to claim that your opinions are worth more than experts in the said field of expertese. You have exposed a complete lack of understanding of statistical analysis (where such basic concepts as data that is below or above standard deviation cannot be compared linearly, since standard deviation is not a linear scale), complete lack of understanding of cricketing concepts (where you think a captain with better nous and tactical accumen should be reflected in the statistics) and a blatant disregard to expert opinion. Each and every post you have made in this thread,by that accord, is a derailment. You wish for us to take your opinion over that of Gavaskar, Boycott, Tony Greig. We wish for you to eff off with your infantile attitude and overpreening teenage ego.
Given that none other than Gavaskar,Boycott, Tony Greig,Toy Cozier,etc. all think that Ganguly is a great ODI batsman, it is only you who is appearing ignorant by presenting a contrasting opinion to those of the experts. Apparently in your make-believe world you know more about batsmanship than former great batsmen and excellent players. In real world, their opinions > your opinion. But kids like you are dime-a-dozen who think they know more than experts in the field. Give it a few years and you will grow out of it,kiddo.
Why should I take someones word for it? If everyone were to go by what the so called experts have to say - why do we need a forum. It is fools like you when you have no cricketing nous to debate, fall back and hide behind the quotes of these so called experts and bolt out. Now tell us more about your World cup final type pressure game.
Why should I take someones word for it?
Because they know far more than you. That is implicit, given that they've spent about a million times more man-hours focussing on and understanding the issues pertinent to cricket. That is the entire reason 'expert opinion' is sought after in every field- quantifiable scientific one as well as the unquantifiable social ones.
If everyone were to go by what the so called experts have to say - why do we need a forum.
Because discussing various aspects of cricket and and showing the basic common sense of deferring to expert opinions are not mutually exclusive.
It is fools like you when you have no cricketing nous to debate, fall back and hide behind the quotes of these so called experts and bolt out.
No, it is adults like us who know that when people excel in a certain field, their opinions on that field are worth listening to. Its foolish kids like you who think they know more from watching tv than people who've spent decades at the sport. As i said kid, you are nothing more than yet another two-bit kid who thinks the world is his oyester and you know more than the rest. Perhaps it is a function of your youth and your new-found ability to use a brain, but this too will pass.
Now tell us more about your World cup final type pressure game.
I already have. World cup semi finals, any world cup elimination games, world cup quarter finals all amount to the same type of pressure as world cup final games. Find me an expert who thinks otherwise.