Alltime XI challenge

says the one who played 100 tests and 300 odis :cantstop:
If I go by the definition of SachinLara dude, where WC finals, Semi finals, games versus Kenya, local league finals are all at the pressure level, I have easily played much more than 100 Tests and 300 ODI's.
If I go by the definition of SachinLara dude' date=' where WC finals, Semi finals, games versus Kenya, local league finals are all at the pressure level, I have easily played much more than 100 Tests and 300 ODI's.[/quote'] blah blah blah :cantstop: where did he say games versus kenya is as important as world cup finals and semis ? dont rant if you cant read
blah blah blah :cantstop: where did he say games versus kenya is as important as world cup finals and semis ? dont rant if you cant read
oh yeah..or read and understand what you want to, or as in your case, not understand at all and pretend somehow.
Disagree. His 60+ average in the first innings is more than enough to ensure greatness.
or you can use a filter and take games played versus BD and Zim to ensure greatness.
there is not much of a difference between a batsman averaging 30 and a batsman averaging 38. basic statistical understanding of standard deviation from the mean ensures that, which is why the argument is never made.
Does not cut it, a batsman over a 100 Test span who can barely average 30 on 4th and 5th day of Tests, is not as good as someone with 38. Simple enough. I can understand a 40+ average batsman being compared and argued to be better than a 50+ average player, but 30 is plain old a non-starter.
You and your teen-something childish wisdom may consider reading the opinions of experts, in their own field of expertese as 'brainwashing'. Adults disagree, which is why it is expert opinions in their field that get any legitimacy, over a random tom, dick and harry like you.
What is this? A censor board meeting to agree upon rating an adult content movie? Looks like you lost it, when taken to task.
But that is a rather irrelevant consideration, so it shall not be made. Give me a performer in the 1st innings over a performer in the 2nd innings any day of the week: the guy who can win me the contest in day 1 & 2 rank higher than the guy who can win it later. Why go for the later option, when the option is available to get a decisive advantage from the get go ? The six guys who average 60+ in the first innings make the second innings fundamentally less important.
That is just a cover up. And by the way She-wag never won more games as his peers, based on his first innings exploits, to begin with especially true outside the sub-continent. So keep that nonsense to yourself. If you keep that aside, as you are admitting She-wag is useless for more than half the Test match. You rate him great. Not surprising given your lack of understanding of the game.
As such, after 1970s, there are only a few test openers who can merit comparison with Sehwag: Gavaskar, Gooch, Boycott, Greenidge, Mark Taylor,Cookie & Grame Smith. Of them, only Gavaskar is clearly superior and Sehwag has as credible a case as any other to be in the alltime team of this era.
How about comparing him to Ashwin, when the game is on the line to be drawn? Useless, useless and you want to compare him to others who are genuinely openers that can be counted on in all situations, your obsession for Gavaskar notwithstanding. Again your lack of understandiing of the game is quite clear, since you perhaps are confused between a bat and a ball.
I can garantee you, kiddo, that i have played far more real cricket than your galli cricket gilli-danda that you specialized in. Try playing a 3-day game or even a 2-day game and then you might understand the basic one or two principles of cricket. Also come back and yap when you can grow the basic logical ability to conclude that people who do an activity for a living probably know more than you, the guy who does not put in 1/10000th effort or time in said activity.
Do you rack books for a living? What activity do you really do. You seem to be trumpeting a lot. I know insecure folks, such as you masquerade on a forum and pretend to be something you are not in real life. Who knows? I am sure you never picked up a bat in your life, let alone play a 2 day or 3 day game.
You trash expert opinion, you are worthless and an idiot. Period
That is when I know, you are out of arguments and frustrated, because you are trying to figure out the difference between a bat and a ball, and which of Sachin and Lara is a lefthanded batsman.
Classic case of confusion between correlation and causation. Ganguly does not feature in IPL, not because he is a tactically lacking captain, but because he is past it for holding a place down as a batsman. As for records, i would like to know how on earth is the 'statistical record' relevant to guage tactical nous of a captain, as in what fields to set and when to bring on some bowlers, given that a monkey on auto-pilot captaining the Aussie team of 2003 would have a better record than Mike Brearley captaining Zimbabwe. Your stats does not change the fact that Ganguly was a more tactically sound captain than Dhoni.
It is clear you do not even know the facts. Ganguly in the IPL 5 years back, was put at the helm when he still was playing international cricket. He was shunted out because he was clueless, managing without greats such as RD, VVS, AK by his side, exposed his utter lack of handling the available resources and get the best out of them. Warne, Gilly removed from international cricket, at the time, managed and led their respective teams to IPL trophies. And MSD did that multiple times, admirably handling local unknowns and international stars in the same team. RD is doing the same with RR, over the last 2 seasons and getting the best out of a low budget IPL team. The respect factor these players command is a sharp contrast to Ganguly and his overall inept man-management skills. He was a cancer that got shunted out from both KKR and PWI teams. So keep all your stupid bookish knowledge to yourself, without ever getting close to understanding the game of cricket and analyzing it. IPL clearly brought to the forefront the kind of skipper Ganguly really is, and gave a much better picture as to why he failed in so many finals as a skipper for India (lost 18 finals, I think) despite having so many decent players (RD, SRT, VS, AK, HS, VVS, YS etc.) It is sad someone like Kumble was never given a run at the time ahead of him (thanks to the fellow Bengali babu - Dalalmiya) who could have done much better with the results, when there were so many good players in the team at the same time. Travesty.
Gilly was hit or miss- borne out by the fact that he has much lower 50+ scoring % than Ganguly.World cup century or not, is not a benchmark for greatness and i am yet to see an expert rank batsmen above or below each other on the basis of world cup final record. But i guess, you know better than the pros.
World cup century or not Gilly is one of the most feared one day batsman, second only to Viv perhaps, in the annals of the one day game. That he had a WC winning century in the final, on top of other great performances in two other finals, shows the kind of player he is, which the dud Ganguly is not and should never even be brought in the same discussion when discussing players like Viv or Gilly.
Ganguly has been called an alltime great ODI bat by several experts. You can troll on statsguru as much as you like, the simple fact that you do not know heads or tails about cricketing statistics and its relevance overrules your innane statistical observations to nothing more than the value of innane puzzle page on the newspaper
May be those experts have seen as much or as less cricket like you, I should say, and perhaps confined to watching Bengal cricket only to come to such a determination as Ganguly being a all-time great one day bat. That figures, rest of your balderdash notwithstanding.
Sachin Tendulkar is NOT one of the best batsman in ODI cricket? :facepalm:
harmuk is one of the biggest jokers ever came on this forum. if he has an agenda of demeaning all Indian players(except VVVS ofcourse) then its okay. otherwise if he seriously believes the crap he dishes out here then he should be ashamed of himself.
harmuk is one of the biggest jokers ever came on this forum. if he has an agenda of demeaning all Indian players(except VVVS ofcourse) then its okay. otherwise if he seriously believes the crap he dishes out here then he should be ashamed of himself.
hmm..okay, looks like I touched upon a raw nerve.
It is clear you do not even know the facts. Ganguly in the IPL 5 years back, was put at the helm when he still was playing international cricket. He was shunted out because he was clueless, managing without greats such as RD, VVS, AK by his side, exposed his utter lack of handling the available resources and get the best out of them. Warne, Gilly removed from international cricket, at the time, managed and led their respective teams to IPL trophies. And MSD did that multiple times, admirably handling local unknowns and international stars in the same team. RD is doing the same with RR, over the last 2 seasons and getting the best out of a low budget IPL team. The respect factor these players command is a sharp contrast to Ganguly and his overall inept man-management skills. He was a cancer that got shunted out from both KKR and PWI teams. So keep all your stupid bookish knowledge to yourself, without ever getting close to understanding the game of cricket and analyzing it. IPL clearly brought to the forefront the kind of skipper Ganguly really is, and gave a much better picture as to why he failed in so many finals as a skipper for India (lost 18 finals, I think) despite having so many decent players (RD, SRT, VS, AK, HS, VVS, YS etc.) It is sad someone like Kumble was never given a run at the time ahead of him (thanks to the fellow Bengali babu - Dalalmiya) who could have done much better with the results, when there were so many good players in the team at the same time. Travesty. World cup century or not Gilly is one of the most feared one day batsman, second only to Viv perhaps, in the annals of the one day game. That he had a WC winning century in the final, on top of other great performances in two other finals, shows the kind of player he is, which the dud Ganguly is not and should never even be brought in the same discussion when discussing players like Viv or Gilly. May be those experts have seen as much or as less cricket like you, I should say, and perhaps confined to watching Bengal cricket only to come to such a determination as Ganguly being a all-time great one day bat. That figures, rest of your balderdash notwithstanding.
career avg of 35 avg of 30 against wi, eng and nz 20s against sa 30 in india and the best batsman ? my foot :cantstop: btw pls dont rant and whine no one is going to change their view on cricket for someone who never watched the game since 20th century :P
career avg of 35 avg of 30 against wi, eng and nz 20s against sa 30 in india and the best batsman ? my foot :cantstop:
Who is the best batsman? I never said any one as the best batsman, did I? I challenged some folks contention that only one or two players are automatic choices, which is a load of BS. Tendulkar certainly is not an automatic choice and I gave my reasons for it, unlike some of you losers, who cannot look at the game past one or two players. Sorry your Tendulkar is not head and shoulders above others, lest India would have won more share of finals had they had siuch a player in their presence, losing like 16-17 finals on a regular basis under Ganguly with Tendulkar opening. So keep crying all you want, but certain things do not add up. For the record both Viv and Gilly (especially if one takes into consideration his WK, and his ability to change a game with the bat in a few overs - heck he finished a WC final with in a few overs of the start) are better choices than Tendulkar, if one is really willing to slot someone as an automatic.
btw pls dont rant and whine no one is going to change their view on cricket for someone who never watched the game since 20th century :P
oh...yeah..baby... What about it?
Look I don't want to indulge in ad hominem BUT quite frankly personally I feel an air of cynicism when I read his posts. In some weird way, he always manages to see the glass "half empty".
Who is the best batsman? I never said any one as the best batsman' date=' did I? I challenged some folks contention that only one or two players are automatic choices, which is a load of BS. Tendulkar certainly is not an automatic choice and I gave my reasons for it, unlike some of you losers, who cannot look at the game past one or two players. [/quote'] oh oh oh m not at all talking about sachin mr.loser another blah blah stuff from you :hehe: 16-17 on a regular basis ? let me tell you what sachin and ganguly avgs 55 and 37 respectively in tournament finals and your gilchrist 37 so sachin has clearly outperformed gilly in finals look who is whinging here yes you can have even have afridi in your team(since you drool too much with players sr :haha:) who cares :dontknow: nah its just a waste of time you can better save your energy or even start watching cricket :dontknow:
More BS and more statsguru punching' date=' to arrive at determining an automatic choice. I understand as you admitted to (sort of) and also based on your posts, [b']you do not have a clue about the game and its vagaries.
Says the idiot who thinks statistics are relevant to evaluate a captain's tactical accumen.
However, you will never explain to me why a player who is head and shoulders above did not guide the team to more success. One WC win, that too the finals won, thanks to GG, MSD etc. (others carried him as usual in big games, akin to VVS and RD in Tests).
Because it is rather simple- success of a team is based on multiple factors, not just captaincy accumen. India won far less during Saurav's tenure because for most of Saurav's tenure Australia was the dominant team. If you need explaining on why Alan Border was a much better captain than Ricky Ponting, despite Ponting having much better 'stats', then you need to start at the very basics of cricket.
When it come to facing Steyn and Philander, it is not just Tendulkar, there are a ton of players who are good. But when it comes to winning big games and trophies, Tendulkar can never be counted on for most part, as the results attest to.
False. Results attest to the fact that he is one of the best ever at playing in must-win matches that are tournament finals,semis and elimination matches.
He is not an automatic choice, as some one like a Viv or Gilly can be in one dayers, if one is not overwhlemed by his stats, an off shoot of playing 450+ games.
he is an automatic choice. Find me an expert who thinks otherwise, kiddo.
But for someone as pathetic as you, whose goes by the moniker SachinLara and hung up on couple of players, it is not possible to understand that.
Says the guy who thinks batting in the 2000s is the same as batting on the pitches of the 1990s. Kiddo, my monicker is the homage to the two greatest batsmen of their era who are lightyears ahead of the rest. Again, experts agree on that.
or you can use a filter and take games played versus BD and Zim to ensure greatness.
You might wanna check Sehwag's stats a bit closer. He is one of the few modern era bats who has better stats against the rest than against Bangladesh & Zimbabwe.
Does not cut it, a batsman over a 100 Test span who can barely average 30 on 4th and 5th day of Tests, is not as good as someone with 38. Simple enough. I can understand a 40+ average batsman being compared and argued to be better than a 50+ average player, but 30 is plain old a non-starter.
Just because you say it does not cut it, doesnt make it so, boy. if you wish to argue that there is a huge gulf of difference between a batsman averaging 30 and 38 in tests, then you simply do not understand the very basics of statistical analysis and standard deviations.
What is this? A censor board meeting to agree upon rating an adult content movie? Looks like you lost it, when taken to task.
You took me to task ? :haha::haha: Which make-believe world do you live in, kid ? You shot yourself in the foot with that comment, which implies that you know more than experts do.l
That is just a cover up. And by the way She-wag never won more games as his peers, based on his first innings exploits, to begin with especially true outside the sub-continent. So keep that nonsense to yourself. If you keep that aside, as you are admitting She-wag is useless for more than half the Test match. You rate him great. Not surprising given your lack of understanding of the game.
Pure logic is a coverup then eh ? I didnt expect better from a dishonest POS like you. Again, tell me why i would want a batsman who excells on 4th/5th day over one who excells on 1-3 day ? Why choose mr rearguard when i can choose mr 'advantage from moment #1' ?
How about comparing him to Ashwin, when the game is on the line to be drawn? Useless, useless and you want to compare him to others who are genuinely openers that can be counted on in all situations, your obsession for Gavaskar notwithstanding. Again your lack of understandiing of the game is quite clear, since you perhaps are confused between a bat and a ball.
Says the guy who thinks scoring runs against McWarne is the same as scoring runs against Hilfenhaus & Lee. Your fundamental construct is wrong- openers are not the ones on whom drawing the match on the last day hinges. It hinges on the middle order.
Do you rack books for a living? What activity do you really do. You seem to be trumpeting a lot. I know insecure folks, such as you masquerade on a forum and pretend to be something you are not in real life. Who knows? I am sure you never picked up a bat in your life, let alone play a 2 day or 3 day game.
I don't answer red herring questions like these from kids like you, sonny. You are the guy who doesnt even understand the very basics of the game (which is why your ODI equation is solely about strike rate) and lecturing me on the game. :haha::haha::haha:
That is when I know, you are out of arguments and frustrated, because you are trying to figure out the difference between a bat and a ball, and which of Sachin and Lara is a lefthanded batsman.
No, this is where you should know that nobody takes an arrogant ignoramus like you seriously. If you wish to peddle the idea that your opinions are far superior to those of the experts of the sport who have put in a million times more understanding and nous into the game than you, you will struggle to find any takers, kid.
It is clear you do not even know the facts. Ganguly in the IPL 5 years back' date=' was put at the helm when he still was playing international cricket. He was shunted out because he was clueless, managing without greats such as RD, VVS, AK by his side, exposed his utter lack of handling the available resources and get the best out of them. [/quote'] False. Nothng more than an ignoramus's spin on it. Ganguly at the *** end of his career was a much dimnished batsman and couldnt hold down his own spot as securely as the ones you've named. Given that even MSD has said in the past that Ganguly was one of the best personnel managers he's ever seen, you = idiot. :haha::haha: Says the kid who thinks batting in the 2000s is just as hard as batting in the 90s and dismisses expert opinions because he thinks he knows more than experts. Keep your stupid foetal level opinion to yourself kiddo, for all you are doing by sailing against expert opinion is to expose your lack of integrity. Nothing more than pure ignorant garbage from you, as usual. Nope. Gilly is a great ODI batsman and much feared but second to Viv in the annals of the game is nothing more than figment of your immagination- which seems to strech not very far indeed. But then again kiddo, when you play or watch cricket for a few decades, you may be worth the time listening to. Or maybe those experts like Boycott, Gavaskar, Tony Greig know far more about cricket than a two-bit hack like you. But then again, kids like you are dime a dozen- they think they know better. Once you go past your arrested development phase, kiddo, you will learn not to trash experts in their field if you want to be taken seriously. Till then, run along- your lunch hour is over and your needed back in class, kiddo. :haha::haha: