Karnataka Legislative Assembly election, 2013

1983-2011

Oh!! Bhai. Lets not forget how pure BJP were during their tenure in Karnataka
It's nothing to do with party , debate is about corruption vs Caste/religion etc. , but here masterminds of corruption won comfortably , so it again shows corruption comes second when faced with Caste/religion

It's nothing to do with party ' date=' debate is about corruption vs Caste/religion etc. , but here masterminds of corruption won comfortably , so it again shows corruption comes second when faced with Caste/religion[/quote'] Sorry, this was a Karnataka state level election. How are congress in Karnataka more corrupt than BJP? Plus you have been talking about caste and religion, how come KJP hardly won anything and all the voters voted for Congress?

Sorry, this was a Karnataka state level election. How are congress in Karnataka more corrupt than BJP? Plus you have been talking about caste and religion, how come KJP hardly won anything and all the voters voted for Congress?
debate is about what is more important to voters , it went in different way. As for KJP hardly won anything , we have to see how much % of votes they got etc.

Its sweet news to the ears whenever an incompetent govt is voted out. Lets hope the new govt does a better job.
I'm pretty sure that the only issue on which this new Govt will do a better job is in terms of being corrupt. Just wait and watch....

KJP chief BS Yeddyurappa wins Shikaripura by over 15,000 votes. Corruption is an issue , my foot.
down from 45000 in 2008, in his personal constituency, in which i am sure he invests a lot of funds. It's obvious why people here are blind to faults so visible to everyone else in the state. KJP+bjp vote share is 7% below congress's share in 2013 and 4% below bjp's share in 2008. This is a swing against bjp because of its corruption and inability to provide governance over the last 5 years. BJP kicked him out in late 2012, but were indulging him since 2008. So caste does matter, but when there is overwhelming ineptitude in governance the first concern is to kick out the party responsible for it, caste and other considerations are secondary. I believe BJP's wants this to be true come 2014 or am i wrong in making that assumption since they seem to be sending peace signals to yeddy?

Typical BJP sore losers. CM Candidates for Karnataka: Siddu Parameshwara Kharge DKS Siddu looks more likely.
as I said, just wait and watch. There isn't a state which has gone from BJP to Cong and has not seen more corruption and bad governance.
down from 45000 in 2008, in his personal constituency, in which i am sure he invests a lot of funds. It's obvious why people here are blind to faults so visible to everyone else in the state. KJP+bjp vote share is 7% below congress's share. This is a swing against bjp because of its corruption and inability to provide governance over the last 5 years. BJP kicked him out in late 2012, but were indulging him since 2008. So caste does matter, but when there is overwhelming ineptitude in governance the first concern is to kick out the party responsible for it, caste and other considerations are secondary. I believe BJP's wants this to be true come 2014 or am i wrong in making that assumption since they seem to be sending peace signals to yeddy?
I don't think so. Today's results are a clear signal to the BJP that people voted against corruption so if they bring back Yeddy then they will face major losses in K'taka in Lok Sabha. Cong is almost certain to screw up in K'taka in these next few months so if the BJP can show the people that it has learned its lessons and won't be calling Yeddy back then it may benefit them in Lok Sabha.
G Parameshwra - KPCC president lost [Looks like insider job] Anita Kumaraswamy - wife of Kumarswamy lost
He was one of the front runners but as it has happened many times in the past, front runners end up losing because of their own party. Same thing happened with BC Khanduri in Uttrakhand and CP Joshi in Rajashtan.