Karnataka Legislative Assembly election, 2013

1983-2011

Otherwise also Muslims won't vote BJP , even if they do good work. I am from the region you are talking about , so know little bit about ground realities :winky:
Actually there were 6 independent Muslim candidates from the same area and they didn't win. It's very easy to generalize and say, all Muslims will always vote like this. BJP and it's supporters keep on making these mistakes and keep on paying the price for this. Both moral policing and ban on cow slaughter were big issues among youth of Karnataka regardless of religion

"Algebra of infinite fundamentalism" on display again. Typical pompous presumptuous pseudo secular thought process one expects from you. So, whom I don't agree with are insane. I would say sane people will consider the overall agenda and performance of political party ,BJP or Congress, and not vote on one or two points of disagreements. BJP got exactly what it deserved. But make not mistake about it, the discriminatory secular fanatics are just as communal in their outlook.
When these one or two things are as important as taking someone's freedom away ( eating beef, being out after 11, attack on pubs ) or tries to communalize a non communal state (changing books, attacks in churches), it is a huge deal for youth in a progressive state. Remember Karnataka is a state were these things were never big issues before

Actually there were 6 independent Muslim candidates from the same area and they didn't win. It's very easy to generalize and say' date= all Muslims will always vote like this. BJP and it's supporters keep on making these mistakes and keep on paying the price for this. Both moral policing and ban on cow slaughter were big issues among youth of Karnataka regardless of religion
Lol , there are 10 times more Hindu independent candidates who lost. let me explain how it works , you need to be from a main party [example : Con party] , then you need sizable % of people from your community. What will happen is Hindu/Christian people will votes will be split among candidates , while Muslim votes mainly goes to Con party candidates.

When these one or two things are as important as taking someone's freedom away ( eating beef' date=' being out after 11, attack on pubs ) or tries to communalize a non communal state (changing books, attacks in churches), it is a huge deal for youth in a progressive state.[b'] Remember Karnataka is a state were these things were never big issues before
How long you lived in Karnataka ? what part of Karnataka you visted or lived?

cqjux.jpg even though I'm not a fan of Modi, I'd still say that considering BJP's bad position and corrupt reputation in K'taka, it did fairly well in constituencies where Modi campaigned. As for Pappu - he did better than Modi but considering that Cong was the favorite to win the election, he should have done better.

Lol , there are 10 times more Hindu independent candidates who lost. let me explain how it works , you need to be from a main party [example : Con party] , then you need sizable % of people from your community. What will happen is Hindu/Christian people will votes will be split among candidates , while Muslim votes mainly goes to Con party candidates.
Actually most christian votes went Congress's way because of church attacks. Also need to ask, why do muslim votes only go to congress and how can that change?

Actually most christian votes went Congress's way because of church attacks. Also need to ask, why do muslim votes only go to congress and how can that change?
It will never change. Only Muslim's can decide what is good for them. They have to think for all the secular rants how much they really benefitted from secular forces. There are lot of Pakistani sympathizers are still there, how can anyone change these kind of people.

It is painful that' date=' even in 2013, every election report from Karnataka (and I am sure AP/[b']TN) is peppered with caste references. "Siddaramaiah, a Kuruba ..." "Kumaraswamy, a Vokkaliga ..." "Vagesh Prasad, a Lingayat etc."
Really ignorant comment with regards to caste and TN. We are the only state in India If I am not mistaken that has as a principle banned including caste names along with individual names. And hardly have parties or prominent leaders based on caste either.Not sure what u have based this on

It will never change. Only Muslim's can decide what is good for them. They have to think for all the secular rants how much they really benefitted from secular forces. There are lot of Pakistani sympathizers are still there, how can anyone change these kind of people.
Once again a generalisation of millions of people in a country and painting them with the same brush. This is the exact kind of thinking that caused racist movements in many countries. As long as you do not learn to treat every human being as an individual you will continue to be slapped in the face.

Once again a generalisation of millions of people in a country and painting them with the same brush. This is the exact kind of thinking that caused racist movements in many countries. As long as you do not learn to treat every human being as an individual you will continue to be slapped in the face.
I thought we are debating about voting in certain part of Karnataka, which you mentioned in one of your posts. As i born & bought up there i know little bit of ground realities , if you think you know everything i can't do anything about it .:two_thumbs_up: .

Siddaramaiah chosen as the Leader of Cong Legislative Party and will be the next CM.
what a tradeoff to placate Kharge... Congress to make him the railway minister. readymade replacement for Bansal

I thought we are debating about voting in certain part of Karnataka, which you mentioned in one of your posts. As i born & bought up there i know little bit of ground realities , if you think you know everything i can't do anything about it .:two_thumbs_up: .
Exactly where do you live? And why did this not happen last election?

Really ignorant comment with regards to caste and TN. We are the only state in India If I am not mistaken that has as a principle banned including caste names along with individual names. And hardly have parties or prominent leaders based on caste either.Not sure what u have based this on
You on drugs, bud?

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: