A hint of movement and bounce

CSK Fan

i did not see him getting outclassed. For the record, he has played good hands v KKR against the likes of Lee and shami and also anchored a 34 not out v Punjab on a similar wicket to this. This is the first time he has failed on a seaming Jaipur wicket.
he did not faced his weakness there its when some tall fast bowler bowls to him he does not goes forward at all its lack of intent.. just leave balls which are too high have some game plan..over here he looks like a sitting duck :\

So, wait, you come into this thread which I made, make these sniding, ridiculous comments and I should be the one taking my whining elsewhere? See, I can understand the butt-hurt and burning after the absolute thrashing in this match but no need to behave like a child
:haha: Owned

He played well only in last few matches, initially he is flop. even last year after starting brilliantly , during end stages he lost steam.
his first 4 matches were 28, 30, 34 and 37. Thats not a flop... Its an average more than 30.

he did not faced his weakness there when some tall faits st bowler bowls to him he does not goes forward at all its lack of intent.. just leave balls which are too high have some game plan..over here he looks like a sitting duck :
umm he trashed Morkel (who is tall) a few matches ago in Raipur. Today he fell to Holder trying to force the issue as Dravid was at the time batting slowly. Clearly one of Dravid and Rahane would have to go for it right? If anything this is the first time this IPL he has fallen early to a tall fast bowler. Thats 14 innings.

his first 4 matches were 28' date=' 30, 34 and 37. Thats not a flop... Its an average more than 30.[/quote'] he is far from mediocre player but he does not looks like ready material for tests even in test he played a horrendous shot to get out

umm he trashed Morkel (who is tall) a few matches ago in Raipur. Today he fell to Holder trying to force the issue as Dravid was at the time batting slowly. Clearly one of Dravid and Rahane would have to go for it right? If anything this is the first time this IPL he has fallen early to a tall fast bowler. Thats 14 innings.
its not about thrashing its basic way how u handle these bowlers rahane ends up in awkward position in these t20 and odis he will have his days but people like me want to see how he does in tests and thats where we are getting disappointed.. anyway im still one of his biggest supporters but he will need to convince me by performing in a tours (last time he flopped in west indies a tour )

its not about thrashing its basic way how u handle these bowlers rahane ends up in awkward position in these t20 and odis he will have his days but people like me want to see how he does in tests and thats where we are getting disappointed.. anyway im still one of his biggest supporters but he will need to convince me by performing in a tours (last time he flopped in west indies a tour )
he has played one test match and in both of those he has fallen to the spinner of some bad shots which can be put down to nerves. I really am failing to understand what exact points your trying to make. Your a fan thats fine. But dont come out with some ridiculous comments based on some flimsy explanations. I have watched every innings he has played and today is the first time he has fallen to a tall fast bowler in holder in the IPL. Other than that he has fallen to Steyn early on. Speaking of tall fast bowlers, I thought he handled the tallest of the lot Mohammed Irfan extremely well on a seaming pitch in Bangalore in 2012 http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/589306.html or are you looking for some other imperfections he may have?

he had a strike rate of nearly 120 in those put together..... you really need to look at his stats before you post. Maybe you need a ladu to your mouth...:haha:
Even now his SR for this season is 112.

Even now his SR for this season is 112.
thats because his staike rate came down when he played the anchor role of 34 not out of some 48 balls v Punjab to take his side across the line. You take out that one inning and his strike rate jumps about 120. His entire ipl career to date has a strike rate of about 120. (quite similar to kohli) This is exactly what i mean by people commenting when they have not seen him play. Rahane has always played as per the situation. He has different roles when he bats with Dravid and bats with Watson. His role is to stay till the end if possible and let the others around him go for it. Four times this IPL he has batted through the innings and led his side to victory.

thats because his staike rate came down when he played the anchor role of 34 not out v Punjab to take his side across the line. You take out that one inning and his strike rate jumps about 120. This is exactly what i mean by people commenting when they have not seen him play. Rahane has always played as per the situation. He has different roles when he bats with Dravid and bats with Watson.
If you take out couple of matches where he have good SR , rest of the time its below average. Dravid is there to get runs at that SR , Rahane should play bit more aggressively.

he has played one test match and in both of those he has fallen to the spinner of some bad shots which can be put down to nerves. I really am failing to understand what exact points your trying to make. Your a fan thats fine. But dont come out with some ridiculous comments based on some flimsy explanations. I have watched every innings he has played and today is the first time he has fallen to a tall fast bowler in holder in the IPL. Speaking of tall fast bowlers, I thought he handled the tallest of the lot Mohammed Irfan extremely well on a seaming pitch in Bangalore in 2012 http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/589306.html or are you looking for some other imperfections he may have?
did u not see how he played finn? come on man like i said he will have his days in shorter formats he is pretty good on flat tracks but he has always looked bit dodgy when pitch has some spice i always gave him benefit of doubt that its cos of not having enough practice (aka being benched for so long ) look i get it every one can struggle against quick bowlers but look from where im seeing he did ok in west indies a tour (got out to spinner but was hardly comfortable against quick bowlers ) then he faces finn and gets owned in two matches in same way now again here..maybe he is better then this but clearly he is not going forward to balls whic h he is supposed to.. this can happen it has happened with many cricketers tll bowlers do this to u but if he wants to play test cricket he needs to work on this also what about the shot he played in test match ? things like this make u question his temprament also in ranji he is very famous for being bit chancy:winky:

did u not see how he played finn? come on man like i said he will have his days in shorter formats he is pretty good on flat tracks but he has always looked bit dodgy when pitch has some spice i always gave him benefit of doubt that its cos of not having enough practice (aka being benched for so long ) look i get it every one can struggle against quick bowlers but look from where im seeing he did ok in west indies a tour (got out to spinner but was hardly comfortable against quick bowlers ) then he faces finn and gets owned in two matches in same way now again here..maybe he is better then this but clearly he is not going forward to balls whic h he is supposed to.. this can happen it has happened with many cricketers tll bowlers do this to u but if he wants to play test cricket he needs to work on this also what about the shot he played in test match ? things like this make u question his temprament also in ranji he is very famous for being bit chancy:winky:
So we are basing all this on two matches? After he sat for long periods of time on the bench and was not in the best of form due to that? Talking about performances away on pitches with "spice" he has scored a 100 and averaged extremely well in an emerging player tournament in australia, against the likes of Starc. http://www.espncricinfo.com/emerging-players-tournament-2011/engine/current/match/516202.html With the grestest of respect. 1 test match is not when you judge somebody. Now if you give him 5-6 tests and he is a nervous wreck then by all means he has temperament issues or even skill issues. Virat Kohli too did not exactly have a great test debut and Pujara as well was not covered in glory in his first 2-3 tests. However if your entire argument rests on 2 ODIs by Finn and 1 test match. Then my friend you really are arguing for the sake of it. Personally speaking, I am keen to see what you say if Dhawan fails in the UK in the champions trophy. You dont average 60 in ranji cricket and lead mumbai to multiple ranji championships by being chancy. This is not punjab who are **** at ranji we are talking about.

If you take out couple of matches where he have good SR , rest of the time its below average. Dravid is there to get runs at that SR , Rahane should play bit more aggressively.
so what now? we pick and choose matches? :haha: as i said before he has a strike rate of about 120 in 50 IPL matches to date in his career. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2405524 you can pick and choose as much as you want. He has a good average at a good strike rate.

so what now? we pick and choose matches? :haha: as i said before he has a strike rate of about 120 in 50 IPL matches to date in his career. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2405524 you can pick and choose as much as you want. He has a good average at a good strike rate.
I am talking about this year,its 112, we all know he is great last year. I am not telling he is bad , RCB should loved to have such player opening with Gayle. But he is not as good as last year,till few matches ago.

So we are basing all this on two matches? After he sat for long periods of time on the bench and was not in the best of form due to that? Talking about performances away on pitches with "spice" he has scored a 100 and averaged extremely well in an emerging player tournament in australia, against the likes of Starc. http://www.espncricinfo.com/emerging-players-tournament-2011/engine/current/match/516202.html With the grestest of respect. 1 test match is not when you judge somebody. Now if you give him 5-6 tests and he is a nervous wreck then by all means he has temperament issues or even skill issues. Virat Kohli too did not exactly have a great test debut and Pujara as well was not covered in glory in his first 2-3 tests. However if your entire argument rests on 2 ODIs by Finn and 1 test match. Then my friend you really are arguing for the sake of it. Personally speaking, I am keen to see what you say if Dhawan fails in the UK in the champions trophy. You dont average 60 in ranji cricket and lead mumbai to multiple ranji championships by being chancy. This is not punjab who are **** at ranji we are talking about.
oh i agree with that he needs to be given long rope after he got chance all im saying is way things are going im kind of losing faith even commentators today said he was reluctant to go forward i just listened (earlier on during match it was on mute).. anyway itsn ot like we have tons of quality batsmen waiting he is still one of the best bet i hope he improves his tendency to get stuck at crease i have noticed this even during ranji and during that 90 odd vs england

I am talking about this year,its 112, we all know he is great last year. I am not telling he is bad , RCB should loved to have such player opening with Gayle. But he is not as good as last year,till few matches ago.
thats the thing though. He has been good in the last few matches at the business end of the tournament. This year being the key time frame.