Another beating awaits the Pakistanis as South Africa come to town

Predator_05

That's right. 7 days to go before they play their first test. The South Africans will be fired up following their defeat to India and their early elimination from a tournament they were expected to win. Graeme Smith is a tough character and will want his team to raise their game in this test series so that they can redeem themselves. Pakistan will be demoralised after their CHOKE against India; once again plunging into a state of confusion as they try to come to terms with their defeat and plan their next move. An unforgiving public will welcome them with a multitude of clenched fists and effigies ablaze and they will under immense pressure to produce a result. Selection connudrums continue to linger on, especially now as players like Mizbah and Tanvir had made a strong case for themselves. We all know what happens to Pakistan when they are under pressure; they roll over and die. Pakistani cricket might well reach another nadir once this series has finished. No Shoaib Akhtar ? There goes your test series.

My intention was to have a serious discussion. However' date=' if you are still riding the high of the Twenty20 win - feel free to use this thread for the purpose of laughing at Pakistan's predicament.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

South Africa are a transformed team away from home. People talk about Asian teams' performance away from home...look no further than South Africa for the biggest gulf in performance between home and away games. If Mohammad Yousuf plays, Pakistan have a great shot at another test series win. And if Shoaib Akhtar plays for the whole series (unlikely) then I expect a walloping.

@Kablooee87 Hats off Fella.. You even have the energy to talk about the upcoming series with the Saffies. Cool ! Good luck !
Ah well. Things happen. This loss hurts, but it doesn't really hurt that bad. I didn't really think Pakistan got outplayed today. India had key moment go their way....actually maybe that's not fair....India made key moments go their way, and the result is what we saw. I'm gutted that we lost, but I'm not really down in the depths. The team as a whole is looking good.
Ah well. Things happen. This loss hurts' date=' but it doesn't really hurt that bad. I didn't really think Pakistan got outplayed today. India had key moment go their way....actually maybe that's not fair....India [i']made key moments go their way, and the result is what we saw. I'm gutted that we lost, but I'm not really down in the depths. The team as a whole is looking good.
Well played Pakistan today ! But the score book would just say -- India , 20/20 champions !