Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

In this particular case' date=' common sense is enough to know they were involved in shady dealings. Whether they are convicted is another matter. But they are never playing cricket again[/quote'] Agree. They will be banned for life from professional cricket, their company has already suspended them, sponsors have withdrawn the advertisement featuring them,the fans saw the evidence on TV and have made their own conclusions. Nobody is caring for the verdict now, except these cricketers.
Agree. They will be banned for life from professional cricket, their company has already suspended them, sponsors have withdrawn the advertisement featuring them,the fans saw the evidence on TV and have made their own conclusions. Nobody is caring for the verdict now, except these cricketers.
I wouldn't be sure. Indian public have been known to be very kind to convicted criminals or people with huge dented image. And remember in this case, so far these players have yet to be convicted. We will all forget it soon and actually we already have forgotten the bigger issues. The government scandals for example.
I wouldn't be sure. Indian public have been known to be very kind to convicted criminals or people with huge dented image. And remember in this case, so far these players have yet to be convicted. We will all forget it soon and actually we already have forgotten the bigger issues. The government scandals for example.
We don't have to remember them, do we. If they are banned from playing professional cricket then they are screwed. That's probably the biggest verdict and what BCCI thinks is very crucial from the view point of their career in cricket. Even if they are not convicted, BCCI will give some or other excuse to not select them in Ranji, international or IPL teams. The verdict is useless from their selection point of view now. Much of their existence is only on green paper now.They have already lost existence in more important aspects.
yeah, thats what I was thinking - only last week 2 Cabinet ministers had to resign due to scams/manipulation of CBI etc but now that there's another scandal, nobody remember those scandals. In all probability there will be some other scam will come out and this spot fixing wil find less coverage and eventually people will forget.
yeah' date=' thats what I was thinking - only last week 2 Cabinet ministers had to resign due to scams/manipulation of CBI etc but now that there's another scandal, nobody remember those scandals. In all probability there will be some other scam will come out and this spot fixing wil find less coverage and eventually people will forget.[/quote'] Who wants to remember this fixing.Doesn't makes difference to fans if we remember or not.The damage is already done to them.
"We are all very sad. The league was going fantastically and suddenly this happened. Both the BCCI and the IPL will cooperate with the Delhi Police in the investigation and those found guilty shall be severely punished," said IPL chairman Rajiv Shukla.
Two of your hated players' date=' aren't they? But it is a fact that bookies who were caught during the Azhar gate openly confessed that they would never bet on a match till Sachin was in the middle[/quote'] You think too much. I said nonsense about the quote. If its true Sachin should have gone to team managemnt not Ganguly. Are you seriously believe 2 people can decide to save a "fixed" match? what is this nonsense about hate? i dont have any reason to hate them.
You think too much. I said nonsense about the quote. If its true Sachin should have gone to team managemnt not Ganguly. Are you seriously believe 2 people can decide to save a "fixed" match? what is this nonsense about hate? i dont have any reason to hate them.
Bet if Dravid was the player, you would have used this smiley :hatsoff:
Why? You diidnt answered about whether 2 people can stop match fixing by themselves.
why not? if they play well then all the fixers plans would come to nothing as the outcome/bowling figures/runs made by other batsmen etc would be quite different form what they had planned. Of course it would be difficult for any player to decide that he was definitely going to make lots of runs but then again, here we are talking of 2 ODI legends so it is very much possible for them if they tried their level best.
why not? if they play well then all the fixers plans would come to nothing as the outcome/bowling figures/runs made by other batsmen etc would be quite different form what they had planned. Of course it would be difficult for any player to decide that he was definitely going to make lots of runs but then again' date=' here we are talking of 2 ODI legends so it is very much possible for them if they tried their level best.[/quote'] How will they know who is fixing the match? How do they know whether they bat first or second? if fixers are bowlers they can easily give away runs what these 2 people scored. I am yet to ask the most important question :secret:
How will they know who is fixing the match? How do they know whether they bat first or second? if fixers are bowlers they can easily give away runs what these 2 people scored. I am yet to ask the most important question :secret:
So many posts in such a short span of time? kya raaz hai 4D bhai?:nervous:
why not? if they play well then all the fixers plans would come to nothing as the outcome/bowling figures/runs made by other batsmen etc would be quite different form what they had planned. Of course it would be difficult for any player to decide that he was definitely going to make lots of runs but then again' date=' here we are talking of 2 ODI legends so it is very much possible for them if they tried their level best.[/quote'] The only match they could refer to we won by 6 runs against the best team at the time.A captain change the outcome of a match this close u think if he wanna fix?