Secular India

someone

Let's have those "materials" which show that a community with less than 15% population in the country and largely concentrated in the poor states of UP' date=' Bihar, and WB are not a minority?[/quote'] So atleast in UP, Bihar, WB and Assam, there should be no appeasement ideally.

So atleast in UP' date=' Bihar, WB and Assam, there should be no appeasement ideally.[/quote'] Ideally, there should not be any appeasement anywhere. And I am one of the most vocal critics of the Muslims "appeasement" policies like the Shah Bano case. However, the question in discussion is completely different - it's whether Muslims are a minority or not?

Let's have those "materials" which show that a community with less than 15% population in the country and largely concentrated in the poor states of UP' date=' Bihar, and WB are not a minority?[/quote'] For starters, check T.M.A. Pai Foundation & Others vs. the State of Karnataka And then stop whining like if Muslims are only minorities here. Especially when our dear PM says that Muslims particular have first right on our resources. If that is not communal, perhaps nothing ever is.

For starters, check T.M.A. Pai Foundation & Others vs. the State of Karnataka And then stop whining like if Muslims are only minorities here. Especially when our dear PM says that Muslims particular have first right on our resources. If that is not communal, perhaps nothing ever is.
Please prove Muslims are not a minority in India, which was your claim.

Ideally, there should not be any appeasement anywhere. And I am one of the most vocal critics of the Muslims "appeasement" policies like the Shah Bano case. However, the question in discussion is completely different - it's whether Muslims are a minority or not?
Whereever the percentage is substantial, the appeasement is greater.

Yes' date=' but in states of up, Bihar, wb and Assam , where their percentage is substantial, the politics is based on their appeasement.[/quote'] "someone" claimed that Muslims are not a minority in India, did you try to contradict his false statement? Let's first establish whether Muslims are minorities or not, shall we? As far as appeasement politics is concerned it is not some unique phenomenon to Muslims - it happens to Dalits, Yadavs, Adivaasis etc. all across. Why are you so keen to single out Muslim appeasement?

"someone" claimed that Muslims are not a minority in India, did you try to contradict his false statement? Let's first establish whether Muslims are minorities or not, shall we? As far as appeasement politics is concerned it is not some unique phenomenon to Muslims - it happens to Dalits, Yadavs, Adivaasis etc. all across. Why are you so keen to single out Muslim appeasement?
1. Provisions for sc/st are there in the constitution and also given acceptance by supreme court. 2. There's greater appeasement, greater bloodshed, greater division due to religious appeasement, the threat gets multiplied due to external factors (isi, jihadi ideaolgy etc).

Are Muslims a minority community in India?
Well everyone who is non hindu is be definition a minority. But they are by far the bigest minority and get loads of perks cos of this and the desperation to appease them and garner their votes. So they are not some suffering minority at all. In fact like in other countries they are very quick to take advantage of their " O we are minority and not treated fairly" status. Other minorities are much more a minority as such. But they dont moan endlessley. Frankly this so called muslim minority get lots of advantages cos of this status they harp on about. ps by they way they breed and the illegal immigration from bangladesh they are soon becoming more and more. Dangerous times if they hit the 30% plus ratio

1. Provisions for sc/st are there in the constitution and also given acceptance by supreme court.
But a lot of upper caste Hindus are against it, regardless it being a law. Do we see such vitriol against SC/ST as we do against Muslims, even though they don't have any such provisions except in a handful of universities?
2. There's greater appeasement, greater bloodshed, greater division due to religious appeasement, the threat gets multiplied due to external factors (isi, jihadi ideaolgy etc).
Greater appeasement? How? Greater Bloodshed? It's a historical fact that Muslims have come out the worse among Hindus and Muslims in communal clashes. Example - Gujarat '02 and Bhagalpur '89. Greater Division? Hardly quantifiable. If you associate problems of Indian Muslims with ISI and Jihaad, then the fault lies with you.

Well everyone who is non hindu is be definition a minority. But they are by far the bigest minority and get loads of perks cos of this and the desperation to appease them and garner their votes. So they are not some suffering minority at all. In fact like in other countries they are very quick to take advantage of their " O we are minority and not treated fairly" status. Other minorities are much more a minority as such. But they dont moan endlessley. Frankly this so called muslim minority get lots of advantages cos of this status they harp on about. ps by they way they breed and the illegal immigration from bangladesh they are soon becoming more and more. Dangerous times if they hit the 30% plus ratio
Can you list some of these "loads of perks" that Muslims of India get?

But a lot of upper caste Hindus are against it, regardless it being a law. Do we see such vitriol against SC/ST as we do against Muslims, even though they don't have any such provisions except in a handful of universities? Greater appeasement? How? Greater Bloodshed? It's a historical fact that Muslims have come out the worse among Hindus and Muslims in communal clashes. Example - Gujarat '02 and Bhagalpur '89. Greater Division? Hardly quantifiable. If you associate problems of Indian Muslims with ISI and Jihaad, then the fault lies with you.
Up has 20% res. for 18% Muslims, constitution treats all religion equally which means it should not be based on religion. Digvijay saying batla house encounter fake, nitish kind of not wanting bhatkal arrest to be linked with Bihar police, durga shakti case, more than 40 riots n 100 communal incidents since sp gov. Human life is important, I would prefer no one dying to Muslims dying. IM is preserved by isi only.

Up has 20% res. for 18% Muslims, constitution treats all religion equally.
You've been visiting too many Modi fanboyzz sites - nothing has been implemented.
Digvijay saying batla house encounter fake, nitish kind of not wanting bhatkal arrest to be linked with Bihar police, durga shakti case, more than 40 riots n 100 communal incidents since sp gov.
Digvijay is a Congress troll. Should I bring in statements by Swami asking for the destruction of Mosques due to which Harvard had to kick his sorry ass out as being representative of Modi and BJP?
Human life is important, I would prefer no one dying to Muslims dying.
:pray:
IM is preserved by isi only.
Then what is this garbage I keep reading here about terrorist sympathetic statements being an effort to win a vote bank?

^why even the consideration of such a thing? Like the talk of census of army based on religion.
Because in all successful countries, minorities are given special discourse avenues. And I am not insinuating that there is a state sponsored prejudice against Muslims. In fact, I found the Sachaar report to be quite farcical because on one hand it talked about the presence of Hindus in top notch business, but did not talk about how Muslims dominate the arts - acting, painting etc.
What's your issue with last line of post#137,I don't get.
I thought I replied in detail to post #137 :confused:

Because in all successful countries, minorities are given special discourse avenues. And I am not insinuating that there is a state sponsored prejudice against Muslims. In fact, I found the Sachaar report to be quite farcical because on one hand it talked about the presence of Hindus in top notch business, but did not talk about how Muslims dominate the arts - acting, painting etc. I thought I replied in detail to post #137 :confused:
I do not want religious reservations in jobs in India, the antics like allocating as high as 20% resources as up gov talks abt. You haven't replied properly to my ques. IM has killed hundreds of Indians, it was made by Indians who were vulnerable to such thought, its members are trained and protected by isi.