The French Open 2013

Cricketics

Djiko plays Dimitrov in 3rd round. We may have some surprising result in this. Dimitorov is young talent, something that has become a rarity in men tennis, plays with heart and more importantly defeated Djokovic as recently as two weeks ago on clay in rome in a hard fought match. So Dimitrov would have that belief that he can beat Djoko. Feder would also have his hands full in his match against Benneteu (??). He runs him close and I believe in last french open or wimbledon he was ahead by 2-0 at one point before going down to him. So we may get some surprising results in round 3.

Nope! He is through...after a five setter!
Yeah. Unfortunately I started watching match when Federer score in 4th set was 2-2. But after I switched on TV, Federer won next 7 game. Then I switched off TV when Federer was leading 3-0 in fifth set. After that Simon started winning games again (they split next six games evenly), but damage was already done :((. Good to see you back Chandan. Has been sometime.

If Tsonga has a good day I can see him knocking Fed out. I like both Wawrinka and Gasquet hoping either one can beat Rafa :cantstop: .. Gasquet will be smashed if he goes through, Wawrinka could prove a tougher opponent for Rafa but youd expect him to win .. Stan v Gasq will be a good match to watch anyway , lots of nice looking one handed backhands.. Tommy Haas, what a legend, in some form.

Yeah. Unfortunately I started watching match when Federer score in 4th set was 2-2. But after I switched on TV, Federer won next 7 game. Then I switched off TV when Federer was leading 3-0 in fifth set. After that Simon started winning games again (they split next six games evenly), but damage was already done :((. Good to see you back Chandan. Has been sometime.
I visit the forum daily. During IPL, I just didn't feel like commenting and after that all the mess has started. Anyway, thats for another forum. Nadal is looking unbeatable on clay once again!

If Tsonga has a good day I can see him knocking Fed out. I like both Wawrinka and Gasquet hoping either one can beat Rafa :cantstop: .. Gasquet will be smashed if he goes through, Wawrinka could prove a tougher opponent for Rafa but youd expect him to win .. Stan v Gasq will be a good match to watch anyway , lots of nice looking one handed backhands.. Tommy Haas, what a legend, in some form.
Gasquet vs Wawrinka turning out to be classic as expected..

I visit the forum daily. During IPL, I just didn't feel like commenting and after that all the mess has started. Anyway, thats for another forum. Nadal is looking unbeatable on clay once again!
You clearly haven't been watching all the matches. Of all the players so far, Tsonga looks to be in the best form, followed by Djokovic. Nadal has won without being anywhere near his best. Nadal is looking beatable right now, it's because others have improved their game and he's not in his peak form. Will be a fascinating group of QFs.

Just spotted one random fact which is a bit peculiar, statistically speaking. Of 8 quarterfinalists of this French Open, 7 were born in first half of the year (other than Federer, who is always there to spoil things :mad:). Not only these 7 were born in first half of the year, all of them were born in span of just little over 2 months. Wawrinka has B'Day on 28th March and Nadal on 3rd June. Rest 5 between these two dates. Dates are 28th March,2nd April, 3rd April, 17th April, 1st May, 22nd May and 3rd June. And then we have Federer, oultlier at 6th August. Anyone else finds it a peculiar or just that I have lots of free time to kill :(( .

Just spotted one random fact which is a bit peculiar, statistically speaking. Of 8 quarterfinalists of this French Open, 7 were born in first half of the year (other than Federer, who is always there to spoil things :mad:). Not only these 7 were born in first half of the year, all of them were born in span of just little over 2 months. Wawrinka has B'Day on 28th March and Nadal on 3rd June. Rest 5 between these two dates. Dates are 28th March,2nd April, 3rd April, 17th April, 1st May, 22nd May and 3rd June. And then we have Federer, oultlier at 6th August. Anyone else finds it a peculiar or just that I have lots of free time to kill :(( .
You have lots of free time to kill :P I joke, that is interesting... a surfeit of one handed back handers too- Fed, Stan, Gasquet, Haas, Almagro

Dont worry Brah.....I read through your entire post and did think about its content ....Been a slow day for me too :((

You have lots of free time to kill :P I joke, that is interesting... a surfeit of one handed back handers too- Fed, Stan, Gasquet, Haas, Almagro
Well..even more prominent ternd is lack of young players in men Tennis as of now. Gone are the days when we had teen prodigies, not only challenging top players, but became top players by the time they entered in their 20's. Last of young prodigies who came in men's tennis were Nadal and Djoko (Djoko didn't win anything too early in age, but he was there). Now I was surprised to see at the age of 23 Nishikori is being touted as yound bright talent. In this octet of quarterfinalists, at 26 Djokovic is youngest. Can you believe that? Four are above 30. (I had come up with that B'Day thing while looking up for their exact ages). This can be attributed to the fact now a days Tennis demands more accuracy and precisin than any other time. These things you acuire with experience not with talent.

Well..even more prominent ternd is lack of young players in men Tennis as of now. Gone are the days when we had teen prodigies, not only challenging top players, but became top players by the time they entered in their 20's. Last of young prodigies who came in men's tennis were Nadal and Djoko (Djoko didn't win anything too early in age, but he was there). Now I was surprised to see at the age of 23 Nishikori is being touted as yound bright talent. In this octet of quarterfinalists, at 26 Djokovic is youngest. Can you believe that? Four are above 30. (I had come up with that B'Day thing while looking up for their exact ages). This can be attributed to the fact now a days Tennis demands more accuracy and precisin than any other time. These things you acuire with experience not with talent.
Indeed, its an oldish field. the so called 'bright young things' are Nishikori, Raonic, Dmitrov of course and Tomic... and none of those guys have really made their makr, especially in slams. A lot of that is to do with how good not just the top 4 but even guys like Ferrer and Berdych are. Also as you say the skill that comes with experience. You sense that they will only ever push through once the big 4, but esp Rafa/Murray/Novak, start to fade a bit with age...

^Not on clay where it is so much more physicla Novak will outlast him. JWT might pull off a bit of an upset, can see it happening.
I definitely think so. I'll go to the extent of saying that Tsonga winning this QF will not be an upset.