Who will you pick in your ODI team? [Finn vs McKay}

Who will you pick in your ODI team? [Finn vs McKay}  

1. 1.

Hysterical. @Topic- McKay is ahead of Finn and his stats and consistency are there to back it up.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/content/page/211270.html Finn is ranked 4th and the highest ranking ODI quick. Mckay is ranked 7th. Also, lets do a bet. ALL IN in terms of ICF credit that in 2 years time, Finn will be universally accepted as being a better test, ODI and T20 bowler than McKay.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/content/page/211270.html Finn is ranked 4th and the highest ranking ODI quick. Mckay is ranked 7th. Also, lets do a bet. ALL IN in terms of ICF credit that in 2 years time, Finn will be universally accepted as being a better test, ODI and T20 bowler than McKay.
If you want to play the rankings, play this - Ashwin is ranked 3rd as Test all rounder and Broad is ranked 5th. Pujara is ranked 7th, Bell is 9th and Cook is 10th in the Test batsmen rankings. Ashwin > Broad, Pujara > Bell, Cook

/\ :giggle:

Stats > Ranking. I have no doubt about Finn fairing better than McKay in Test but in ODIs he is by all means ahead of Finn. Finn's barely consistent in ODIs.
If you want to play the rankings, play this - Ashwin is ranked 3rd as Test all rounder and Broad is ranked 5th. Pujara is ranked 7th, Bell is 9th and Cook is 10th in the Test batsmen rankings. Ashwin > Broad, Pujara > Bell, Cook
Mckay and finn had around the same starting point and have played similar games. Ashwin and Pujara have clearly not.
^ Player rankings are based on performance over a specific period' date=' not overall career.[/quote'] Exactly. Finn and Mckay both went into the ODI rankings at around the same time, they've played similar games and the starting point. This means that the rankings represent their entire careers. Ashwin has been in the rankings what, a few years? Pujara the same. Cook and Broad have been there for over half a decade.
Exactly. Finn and Mckay both went into the ODI rankings at around the same time, they've played similar games and the starting point. This means that the rankings represent their entire careers. Ashwin has been in the rankings what, a few years? Pujara the same. Cook and Broad have been there for over half a decade.
Reading comprehension :fail: Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Reading comprehension :fail: Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Nope, Rankings dont take into consideration anything from beyond the two year mark. Finn and Mckay basically been properly introduced into the team from around 2 years ago, so these rankings pretty much are representative of their whole careers. Ashwin's ranking show's he is in better form than say Broad but if you take Broad's entire career into retrospect the stats will be different.
Nope' date=' [b']Rankings dont take into consideration anything from beyond the two year mark. Finn and Mckay basically been properly introduced into the team from around 2 years ago, so these rankings pretty much are representative of their whole careers. Ashwin's ranking show's he is in better form than say Broad but if you take Broad's entire career into retrospect the stats will be different.
Exactly. Finn and Mckay both went into the ODI rankings at around the same time, they've played similar games and the starting point. This means that the rankings represent their entire careers. Ashwin has been in the rankings what, a few years? Pujara the same. Cook and Broad have been there for over half a decade.
ok now tell me how its unfair to compare rankings ..
It's unfair to compare someone in the rankings who started their careers at completely different points and played a completely different amount of matches. It's completely fair to compare two people who have played similar number of matches in their careers and started off going in the rankings at around the same point.
:facepalm: Rankings consider the same period for all players and they are normalized by the number of matches one has played. You can't compare those rankings selectively to suit your prejudiced opinion. I think you understand that but you're trying to clutch straws here.
:facepalm: Rankings consider the same period for all players and they are normalized by the number of matches one has played. You can't compare those rankings selectively to suit your prejudiced opinion. I think you understand that but you're trying to clutch straws here.
Over their careers? No it isn't. I'll put it with a direct example. Finn and McKay played the same number of games in the past two years. In these past two years finn has performed better than McKay has. If both these players had been playing for longer, this wouldn't be representative. But it is representative because McKay and Finn have only really started featuring around 2 years ago, meaning the rankings encompass everything they have acheived so far in ODI cricket.
Over their careers? No it isn't. I'll put it with a direct example. Finn and McKay played the same number of games in the past two years. In these past two years finn has performed better than McKay has. If both these players had been playing for longer, this wouldn't be representative. But it is representative because McKay and Finn have only really started featuring around 2 years ago, meaning the rankings encompass everything they have acheived so far in ODI cricket.
Read what 'moniker' said.