Pujara v Kohli

Pujara v Kohli  

1. 1.

to be fair malinga has been taken apart by many batsmen, even pahadi dishant yagnik slogged him in IPL. KP didnt struggle against Ojha :dontknow: kohli's problem is not struggling against a particular bowler, its the way he was dismissed without any fight. he looked completely clueless against junaid not knowing what to do and it was evident in his feet movement. he didnt know whether to play for the inswinger or the one that stays in line. if you look at the same junaid against hashim amla/ab de villiers, junaid was absolutely useless because of their superior technique. its not about being pawned by somebody, its a physical flaw in his technique and just the way he plays. and plus, i have already admitted that pujara is not the perfect batsman. he struggles when playing hook shot, plays wrong line to off-spinners sometimes, so pujara has technical issues as well, but when i look at him and kohli, pujara is a more complete batsman
DId you see 1st test how he was pwned througouht the match before being dismissed ? or many other tests he had issues against left arm spinners. Infact we have a dedicated thread for KP's struggles against left arm spinners. If Unaid Khan had been pwned by Kohli you would say "He was pwned by so many guys.. so it is no big deal " like you say about Malinga.. That is just cherry picking. Batsmen are going to fail against some bowler or the other. Infact througout the series all Indian batsmen had issues bar Dhoni against Junaid. Yuvraj, Viru, Gambhir.. Also it is unfair to compare Pujara here with Kohli who hardly had any first class experience where as Pujara is a veteran in first class cricket playing close to 80 first class matches. Kohli has played mere 25 first class games. Temperamentally PUjara is very strong in putting up big scores. Kohli might be lagging now. I strongly believe in a couple of years from now both will be good. Infact Pujara's fitness issues have been a great problem for him. So it is hard to predict when he will break down... Also you cannot seriously believe Pujara is going to average 65 throughught his career. Not even Alistair cook could do that.It will come down. What happens when he goes through a bad patch, how he reacts.. all that stuff will have to be answered.
DId you see 1st test how he was pwned througouht the match before being dismissed ? or many other tests he had issues against left arm spinners. Infact we have a dedicated thread for KP's struggles against left arm spinners. If Unaid Khan had been pwned by Kohli you would say "He was pwned by so many guys.. so it is no big deal " like you say about Malinga.. That is just cherry picking. Batsmen are going to fail against some bowler or the other. Infact througout the series all Indian batsmen had issues bar Dhoni against Junaid. Yuvraj, Viru, Gambhir.. Also it is unfair to compare Pujara here with Kohli who hardly had any first class experience where as Pujara is a veteran in first class cricket playing close to 80 first class matches. Kohli has played mere 25 first class games. Temperamentally PUjara is very strong in putting up big scores. Kohli might be lagging now. I strongly believe in a couple of years from now both will be good. Infact Pujara's fitness issues have been a great problem for him. So it is hard to predict when he will break down... Also you cannot seriously believe Pujara is going to average 65 throughught his career. Not even Alistair cook could do that.It will come down. What happens when he goes through a bad patch, how he reacts.. all that stuff will have to be answered.
yes i saw how he was pawned, but i also saw how KP came back and scored a brilliant century in Mumbai. he learned from his mistakes. even though its one odi, we will see how kohli reacts to junaid again. all those three had problems against junaid only because they didnt face any other bowler for obvious reasons :giggle: my point about malinga is that there's nothing special about him and for kohli to smack malinga is much easier because most of malinga's deliveries are full length going down leg and kohli specializes in those wristy flicks down square leg. malinga's bowling suits him. however, in junaid's case, what was shocking for me was his inability to even block inswinging deliveries, forget scoring runs. if he wants a test career in swing conditions, he has to learn that. that isnt struggling against a particular bowler, thats a technical problem. i know pujara is not gonna average 65 all his career, but that doesnt stop me from saying he's the best batting prospect in the country, especially in tests and with a list A average of 56.97, i dont see why he would struggle in ODIs.
yes i saw how he was pawned, but i also saw how KP came back and scored a brilliant century in Mumbai. he learned from his mistakes. even though its one odi, we will see how kohli reacts to junaid again. all those three had problems against junaid only because they didnt face any other bowler for obvious reasons :giggle: my point about malinga is that there's nothing special about him and for kohli to smack malinga is much easier because most of malinga's deliveries are full length going down leg and kohli specializes in those wristy flicks down square leg. malinga's bowling suits him. however, in junaid's case, what was shocking for me was his inability to even block inswinging deliveries, forget scoring runs. if he wants a test career in swing conditions, he has to learn that. that isnt struggling against a particular bowler, thats a technical problem. i know pujara is not gonna average 65 all his career, but that doesnt stop me from saying he's the best batting prospect in the country, especially in tests and with a list A average of 56.97, i dont see why he would struggle in ODIs. i know pujara is not gonna average 65 lol. no batsmen in the world is capable of that
Um, one question please. Did you photoshop pujara's face with the poster of rockstar in your avatar?
yes i saw how he was pawned, but i also saw how KP came back and scored a brilliant century in Mumbai. he learned from his mistakes. even though its one odi, we will see how kohli reacts to junaid again. all those three had problems against junaid only because they didnt face any other bowler for obvious reasons :giggle: my point about malinga is that there's nothing special about him and for kohli to smack malinga is much easier because most of malinga's deliveries are full length going down leg and kohli specializes in those wristy flicks down square leg. malinga's bowling suits him. however, in junaid's case, what was shocking for me was his inability to even block inswinging deliveries, forget scoring runs. if he wants a test career in swing conditions, he has to learn that. that isnt struggling against a particular bowler, thats a technical problem. i know pujara is not gonna average 65 all his career, but that doesnt stop me from saying he's the best batting prospect in the country, especially in tests and with a list A average of 56.97, i dont see why he would struggle in ODIs. i know pujara is not gonna average 65 lol. no batsmen in the world is capable of that
You sound like padosis how they put down VVS laxman because he could not handle full length deliveries from Pakistan bowlers. Will you not rate him because of that? In a way that is true. He got bowled neck and crop by padosi bowlers more than once. But he wont become a bad batsman because of that. In Kohli's case it is merely one series. It could be coincidence he hit a rough patch. Rahul Dravid inspite of all his technique had this problem against Johnson with his angle. Unlike Junaid Johnson could not even bring the ball back in. Also chaminda vaas posed problem to Tendu in one series with angled deliveries. It is not abnormal when a left arm bowler who could bring the ball back in hit good line and length and batsmen struggle against them.
You sound like padosis how they put down VVS laxman because he could not handle full length deliveries from Pakistan bowlers. Will you not rate him because of that? In a way that is true. He got bowled neck and crop by padosi bowlers more than once. But he wont become a bad batsman because of that. In Kohli's case it is merely one series. It could be coincidence he hit a rough patch. Rahul Dravid inspite of all his technique had this problem against Johnson with his angle. Unlike Junaid Johnson could not even bring the ball back in. Also chaminda vaas posed problem to Tendu in one series with angled deliveries. It is not abnormal when a left arm bowler who could bring the ball back in hit good line and length and batsmen struggle against them.
VVS is a hero :sad: padosis will be lucky if they can produce a batsman half of his class in the next 2 decades :phehehe: we will see how kohli responds to pakistan this time, i hope he has learned from his mistakes. he should have been a bit forward to negate the swing and also hoping he is working on a solid front foot defense. :pray:

Wow ... I cant believe i am on Indian Cricket Fans site here... I am sure it is all in fun but almost every thread i see fans going way way OTT for prove their points. Almost certainly put the other side down disgracefully to raise their side up in the argument. Silencer type attitude. As much as some of us like and respect all of our players some new members openly revile our great players day in day out. There are clubs opened to put down each and every player. GOOD going kids.. :haha:

:finger:
Come on.. everybody knows this.. gujjus are good with business.. procreating.. settling in the US and opening motels. Cricket is just a time-pass.. not a career. Gujjus aren't exactly the athletic types.. (just like South Indian Brahmins) I mean look at Pujara himself.. he married not based on his cricketing career (which is non-existent at the moment).... :giggle:
Come on.. everybody knows this.. gujjus are good with business.. procreating.. settling in the US and opening motels. Cricket is just a time-pass.. not a career. Gujjus aren't exactly the athletic types.. I mean look at Pujara himself.. he married not based on his cricketing career (which is non-existent at the moment).... :giggle:
You want him to disappear in 1-2 years? You better be sarcastic.