Ishrat Jahan: The inconvenient story no one wants to tell

someone

From when terrorists became "jisko"
you may have different views on this matter but I do not agree with the concept of fake encounters.
courts in India work slower than the Indian bureacracy. look at the 1993 Mumbai blasts convictions for example.
thats not a good enough reason to take the law into your hands.

you may have different views on this matter but I do not agree with the concept of fake encounters. .
You mentioned Govt. can kill anyone , but here that's not the case. I don't know about your views , but I hope every govt can kill terrorists on the spot.

thats not a good enough reason to take the law into your hands.
yes let the criminals rot in jail, where they can easily plot their next attacks, and in some cases, like Masood Azhar, they can have their buddies hijack planes and we end up back at square 1 :clap:

you may have different views on this matter but I do not agree with the concept of fake encounters. thats not a good enough reason to take the law into your hands.
:cantstop: Tell that to the Jawans fighting Naxals in Jungles.. You think when they kill, they wonly kill Naxals?

thats great!!!! Courts ki koi zaroorat hi nahi - State Govt. jisko chahe maar daale.
Again S-G, you must be very clear that this change in position. Encounters are reality all over India. SHould that be the case is debatable ? You cannot conveniently use that argument for the anti Modi rhetoric.

a better solution (though a very, very difficult one) is to try and make the judiciary better, no? Today you talk of Govt, killing terrorists, tomorrow whats to stop the same Govt. from killing rivals or others who are asking uncomfortable questions/creating trouble in its corrupt working. Govt. has such enormous powers that it should never be allowed to take the law in its hands.
Absolutely. But who will make it better ? how it is possible? May be seing all these fake encounters legal system should wake up and start the change. Then again laws are done by politicians, they have to take care of vote bank , so wheels will keep on running.

a better solution (though a very, very difficult one) is to try and make the judiciary better, no? Today you talk of Govt, killing terrorists, tomorrow whats to stop the same Govt. from killing rivals or others who are asking uncomfortable questions/creating trouble in its corrupt working. Govt. has such enormous powers that it should never be allowed to take the law in its hands.
you are better off getting a cure to cancer before expecting judicial and police reforms in India. Heck, if these institutions were reformed, we wouldnt even be having this argument and this thread wouldnt have been made either

So' date=' now we have started believing in the courts again. So, are we ready to give clean chit to Modi. Wait !! There are no charges against him .:two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] You have to see the context.

i believe in the courts' date=' but i believe justice delayed is justice denied as well[/quote'] That's good - so in this case the Gujarat HC has launched an investigation and it will give it's verdict. Why is there so much of hue and cry over it?

Again S-G' date=' you must be very clear that this change in position. Encounters are reality all over India. SHould that be the case is debatable ? You cannot conveniently use that argument for the anti Modi rhetoric.[/quote'] I agree that fake encounters are a reality in India but that doesn't mean that we should go easy on the ones (be in police officials or IB or politicians etc) who are actually caught. I'm not using this for the anti-Modi rhetoric. The media is bringing in connections to the Govt - I'm merely posting them here.

So' date=' now we have started believing in the courts again. So, are we ready to give clean chit to Modi. Wait !! There are no charges against him .:two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] But we can believe Allahabad HC verdict on Babri Masjid. WAit!! But that doesn't suit your position. So lets do some selective amnesia! :two_thumbs_up:

All good.. Saadhu Vachan.. But all the charity, bending backwards has to start with BJP Govts., Modi, Gujarat Police, IB etc? They too have their own 'human rights' just like Cong govts., NIA, CBI etc...

That's good - so in this case the Gujarat HC has launched an investigation and it will give it's verdict. Why is there so much of hue and cry over it?
no problem, whoever is found guilty should be punished. one of the officers, Vanzara has been in jail for a long time. Lets wait for the judgement and everyone will have to accept it for what it is