End of bjp jdu alliance ,sharad yadav quits as NDA head

vayuu1

I don't think that for most younger people Modi is a religious nut.He is more seen as a doer...I think people are mistaken here.when people think of BJP ...they think right wing hindu nationalist party...but when they think MODI...they think development.Ido believe BJP will gain a lot of non traditional votes because of him...they will loose some too ....but for people like me who are sick of the "family" ...he is the only alternative.I don't like politicians who talk along religious lines or caste lines...but I don't hear Modi talking about caste and religion much...at least not as much as the "secular" parties.
Development includes (but not limited to) human development and consists of variety of socio-economic factors. Pure infrastructure and economic development leads to wider gaps in the nation where the rich becomes richer, poor becomes poor. Such "development" is of no good.

I don't think that for most younger people Modi is a religious nut.He is more seen as a doer...I think people are mistaken here.when people think of BJP ...they think right wing hindu nationalist party...but when they think MODI...they think development.Ido believe BJP will gain a lot of non traditional votes because of him...they will loose some too ....but for people like me who are sick of the "family" ...he is the only alternative.I don't like politicians who talk along religious lines or caste lines...but I don't hear Modi talking about caste and religion much...at least not as much as the "secular" parties.
Most of the highly vocal supporters of Modi do not support him because he is an efficient administrator - there are plently of other efficient politicians in the country, but because he represents a revival of Hindutva. He is perceived to be an efficient foil against Congress's imaginary appeasement policy towards Muslims (congress has never done anything apart from lip service for the minorities). Though it is true that the reason given is usually development and efficiency because it is much more acceptable than saying they like him for religious reasons. There is a section of the middle class which wants Hinduism and Hindu leaders to be more aggressive and assertive and Modi is the darling of this crowd which also happens to be highly active on social media

Development includes (but not limited to) human development and consists of variety of socio-economic factors. Pure infrastructure and economic development leads to wider gaps in the nation where the rich becomes richer' date=' poor becomes poor. Such "development" is of no good.[/quote'] Who can guarantee 100% inclusive development? We can only see it in relation to what has happened in the past and what others have done. If any one could succeed in all spheres then we wouldn't be having any debates....

That is sad...but he is better than the Gandhis and the terrorist supporter Mulayam yadav. I just hope he has the sense to make sense of this opportunity.
I honestly don't think he has that. Right now he's in such a hurry that his attitude is "I want to be PM, the party be damned" - thats just not going to work.

That is sad...but he is better than the Gandhis and the terrorist supporter Mulayam yadav. I just hope he has the sense to make sense of this opportunity.
The youth you are referring to don't support Modi because he is some messiah of development. There are many other CMs in India who have done excellent development work. They support him because of his Hindutva underbelly, which looks like won't be an underbelly anymore given the recent indicators. His right hand man is Amit Shah - how is he any better than Mulayam Singh?

The youth you are referring to don't support Modi because he is some messiah of development. There are many other CMs in India who have done excellent development work. They support him because of his Hindutva underbelly' date=' which looks like won't be an underbelly anymore given the recent indicators. His right hand man is Amit Shah - [b']how is he any better than Mulayam Singh?
actually Shah is worse.

Who can guarantee 100% inclusive development? We can only see it in relation to what has happened in the past and what others have done. If any one could succeed in all spheres then we wouldn't be having any debates....
Who is talking about 100% inclusive development? There is a middle way - you can't ignore "people" development. Social factors like health care, education, water etc. are as much important as roads. The decision to focus on just one while ignoring the other is no benefit. The great dictators like Hitler, Mussolini promised development and development they did - but it came at a cost. I am just asking to exercise caution against the use of the term "development" to say that X is better than Y. If you dig deep into the numbers, you may understand my point.

For me Mulayam is the worst and the most dangerous kind. The moron pappu is dangerous because he is an idiot. Who else is in the race for PM.Don't say Advani....I could never ever stand this creep. None of the other good CMs have the appeal to win elections at the national level...wish they had...but that is the sad part....

For me Mulayam is the worst and the most dangerous kind. The moron pappu is dangerous because he is an idiot. Who else is in the race for PM.Don't say Advani....I could never ever stand this creep. None of the other good CMs have the appeal to win elections at the national level...wish they had...but that is the sad part....
why so opposed to Advani?

Most of the highly vocal supporters of Modi do not support him because he is an efficient administrator - there are plently of other efficient politicians in the country, but because he represents a revival of Hindutva. He is perceived to be an efficient foil against Congress's imaginary appeasement policy towards Muslims (congress has never done anything apart from lip service for the minorities). Though it is true that the reason given is usually development and efficiency because it is much more acceptable than saying they like him for religious reasons. There is a section of the middle class which wants Hinduism and Hindu leaders to be more aggressive and assertive and Modi is the darling of this crowd which also happens to be highly active on social media
100% true.

actually Shah is worse.
Mulayam to me borders on the anti national.He tried to divide the armed forces along caste lines when he was defence minister. Any person who would do something like that for vote politics is the worst in my eyes.If I had the choice between voting for him and shooting myself between the eyes...I would choose the later.

Mulayam to me borders on the anti national.He tried to divide the armed forces along caste lines when he was defence minister. Any person who would do something like that for vote politics is the worst in my eyes.If I had the choice between voting for him and shooting myself between the eyes...I would choose the later.
Ok cool down :om:

why so opposed to Advani?
He was always the opportunist of the worst kind. It is just something about him that is just so wrong and he proved me right when one of his three conditions was PMship for 6 months.Besides I don't get how the most communal and fanatic face of BJP became the acceptable face. I never supported BJP when he was the face.. And his grating irritating whining voice......

He was always the opportunist of the worst kind. It is just something about him that is just so wrong and he proved me right when one of his three conditions was PMship for 6 months.Besides I don't get how the most communal and fanatic face of BJP became the acceptable *face. I never supported BJP when he was the face.. And his grating irritating whining voice......
And its back :yay:
Narendra Modi to visit Ayodhya, pray at disputed site AYODHYA: In a move having big political significance, Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi will visit Ayodhya this week and will also offer prayer at the disputed site. Ashok Singhal, Praveen Togadia, Gorakhpur MP Yogi Aditya Nath and yoga guru Ramdev will be reaching the town tomorrow to welcome Modi, said Sharad Sharma UP spokesman of VHP. Sharma said that the Gujarat chief minister, who is expected to visit Ayodhya on Wednesday or Friday, will also visit the Ram temple. VHP has also called a meeting of Hindu saints who have played active roles in Ram temple movement in 1990s, he said. "Modi's message to his party men and electorate from the land of Ayodhya will be important in the coming elections," the VHP leader said. Modi will also meet top VHP saints in Ayodhya, including the president of Ram Janam Bhumi Nyas Trust Mahant Nritya Gopal Das. This will be the first visit of Modi to Ayodhya temple after demolition of the disputed structure. According to the sources he visited Ayodhya in 1998 with Lal Krishna Advani, but did not visit the shrine. "Modi's move towards Ayodhya is also an indication that the Hindutva forces are seriously considering him as the PM candidate for general election," the VHP leader said. His visit implies that the BJP, which had dropped the Ram temple issue in the last Lok Sabha elections, would rake it up this time. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Narendra-Modi-to-visit-Ayodhya-pray-at-disputed-site/articleshow/20635770.cms