India Lack An Afridi

Dhondy

Assume you had to trade Afridi for a player in Indian team - who would you trade for Afridi? My vote - no one; we are better off with having that joker play for pak
I quite clearly said he was better than any spinner we have currently, and that's without even talking about his batting or fielding. He is way ahead of all three incumbents on the Indian side currently. He's a wicket taking bowler. Pakistan have regularly profited from his strikes when they needed to break a partnership. He also gives away less runs than most other spinners and can bowl late if necessary. What I like about him is that he's still improving. Official age 27, probably a bit older than that. I reckon he's pretty close to his peak. No question, he'd walk into this Indian ODI side.
His bowling is quite useful(38 wickets at 32 with an ER of 4.45) but should never open' date=' Yasir Hameed would be a much better choice.[/quote'] when you justify an opener by saying his bowling stats are good that means he should not be in the team....aren't Pak supposed to be a good bowling outfit?....then what is your opener doing bowling?
No question, he'd walk into this Indian ODI side.
He might have before the T20 championship. Not any more. We have too much talent competing for too few spots. Just look at the people who have to sit out (Bhajji, Chawla, Uthappa, Sehwag, Rohit). I wouldnt pick Afridi ahead of any of these guys.
Afridi is rubbish. Bowling, batting, everything. Especially against India. He is a useless piece of sh*t who wouldn't make an Indian "C" team. Just a worthless bits and pieces player. Only a crap team like Fakistan would play someone like him. OK, Banglastan too. I am surprised Dhondy, of all people - came up with a thread like this.
Ditto. Wiser words haven't been spoken before. Afridi is one of "THE" most over rated cricketer ever to play cricket.
Afridi is rubbish. Bowling, batting, everything. Especially against India. He is a useless piece of sh*t who wouldn't make an Indian "C" team. Just a worthless bits and pieces player. Only a crap team like Fakistan would play someone like him. OK, Banglastan too. I am surprised Dhondy, of all people - came up with a thread like this.
disgusting post. Even though I hate Afridi, he's easily the most dynamic player in the world. If he gets going, he can win you a game from no where, bat or ball. Classic examples being Kanpur and Holland, where he took 4-20.
disgusting post. Even though I hate Afridi' date=' he's easily the most dynamic player in the world. If he gets going, he can win you a game from no where, bat or ball. Classic examples being Kanpur and Holland, where he took 4-20.[/quote'] Yes u will find a few exmaples where he has been great but on average he is a loser. We cant have players who are so inconsistent.
Now your just being silly. 2005 tour of India anyone? Without Afridi's bowling in the test seires, Pakistan would not have been 1-1.

Agree on Afridi's strengths there, but my constant criticism of him is that despite being a key senior player, he refuses to take responsibility. Will not take up the all rounder mantle that is so needed of him in the ODI team, rarely bat with any thought and when he does, it's at the expense of his bowling. An outstanding ODI player, but if I want just an attacking spinner, give me Muralitharan. If I want a bowler who bats, give me Daniel Vettori - a far better and more committed team man.

Afridi has played international cricket for about 12 years and you guys can barely quote his match winning credentials about what 3-5 times. Pick any domestic cricketer and play him for 12 years of international cricket he will produce such stats. Do you guys mind posting his career stats in both ODI and test cricket?

BheemBhai, can you post the number of times Afridi has batted in excess of 50 deliveries in ODIs & express that as a percentage (interms of the no. of innings he has batted). The guy can hardly be termed a match winner with the bat. He is at best a useful slogger at the death. As a bowler, he never came across as menacing or one to watch for. As Salil put it, he is picked as an allrounder & must deliver as one. He cannot hide behind his average batting or bowling as his core strengths. He must do both consistently over a period of time to be an automatic selection.