I am not happy with my career right now - Yuvraj Singh

Feed

3? Poster boy got 4 ie. Sri Lanka, Pakistan, England, and West Indies and could not even average 35. And you want to give him 3 more?
Are you suggesting that he failed in the SriLanka & Pakistan series ? Jeez, Yuvi averaged 51 & 57 in the two series respectively. Do you want me to bring up God's average in the Pakistan & England series ? Yuvraj failed in England & WI series. Guess which top order bat averaged worse than Yuvi in the series vs England ?:haha: Please judge all top order bats by the same standards & see who you end up with at the bottom ?
Of course, it does matter. I don't even know how to continue a discussion where you are failing to acknowledge a very basic thing in test cricket. There are a few who have made the transition successfully but most do not. Even a batsman of Dravid's class has struggled while opening and Yuvraj looked like a deer caught in the headlights when he opened. Sehwag is one of those rare exceptions and I agree he should be our first middle order backup ahead of Yuvraj if there is no place at the top of the order for him.
So why didnt you extend Sehwag that courtesy ? Why was he dumped after a couple of bad series as an opener ?
No he wasnt in great ODI form during the WI series where he failed. India lost the ODI series 1-4 after each of our batsmen failed to cope with the WI conditions.And Laxman did not average great in that series either. Wasnt he persistent with ?
During the period when he was given those 5 continuous series, here is his ODI average :
                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0

unfiltered           184  166  25  5109 139  120  110   36.23   7  30   9
filtered              28   27   7  1128 107* 103  103   56.40   3   7   0
How is that not red hot ODI form. And here is his ODI record this year :
                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0

unfiltered           184  166  25  5109 139  120  110   36.23   7  30   9
filtered              25   22   4   823  95*  83   72   45.72   0   5   1

How is any better than what it was during the time he was bumbling and fumbling in tests? If anything it's worse now.

Yuvraj has just put up MVP-esque performances in a world cup. His performances got us over the hump in criticial games. He is in RED HOT FORM right now. Yuvi shouldnt and wouldnt have been dropped from the Saffie test series had he not been injured. Two back to back bad series, is not reason enuff to drop your best young talent.

Are you suggesting that he failed in the SriLanka & Pakistan series ? Jeez, Yuvi averaged 51 & 57 in the two series respectively. Do you want me to bring up God's average in the Pakistan & England series ? Yuvraj failed in England & WI series. Guess which top order bat averaged worse than Yuvi in the series vs England ? Please judge all top order bats by the same standards & see who you end up with at the bottom ?
What kind of juggelry are you trying to do here. You wanted a run of three test series. The guy got 5 continuous series, averaged his usual 31 and got dropped. He is lucky to be in the squad after such a performance when the likes of Badrinath are grinding all comers to dust and Sehwag is sitting out.
So why didnt you extend Sehwag that courtesy ? Why was he dumped after a couple of bad series as an opener ?
Was I selecting the squad? Sehwag was dropped as an opener because he was failing consistently and in the innings where he was pushed to the middle order his replacement scored a half century and has not put a wrong foot since then. That is called making the most of your opportunites not bumbling and fumbling for 5 consecutive series and then whining to the media. And yes, as I said Sehwag should be our first middle order back up if there is no place at the top, not poster boy.
Yuvraj has just put up MVP-esque performances in a world cup
First, I was surprised how you were using ODI performances to push for a test spot, now I am well and truly amazed that some exploits in T20 hit out can be used to push for a test spot. Yuvraj did not even face 75 deliveries in the entire tournament, such is the nature of T20. How can such a format be used for selecting a squad where a batsman faces more than 75 deliveries each session???
Yuvi shouldnt and wouldnt have been dropped from the Saffie test series had he not been injured.
I am kind of disappointed that he got injured then. He might have played ahead of Laxman there and would have put an end to this discussion we are having. The guy couldn't even put bat to ball in WI, would have been funny to see him in Johannesburg and Durban.
What kind of juggelry are you trying to do here. You wanted a run of three test series. The guy got 5 continuous series, averaged his usual 31 and got dropped. He is lucky to be in the squad after such a performance when the likes of Badrinath are grinding all comers to dust and Sehwag is sitting out.
The same kinda evasive action you took when i brought up Tendulkar.:haha: Never mind. I said 3 test series of rope. After Lanka & Pakistan series, he did not deserve to be dropped. He had two bad series, but so did everyone else (Laxman, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid) have all had two back to back bad series. Why pick out Yuvraj selectively for stick ? Why are we being so impatient on the best young batting talent in the country ?
Was I selecting the squad? Sehwag was dropped as an opener because he was failing consistently and in the innings where he was pushed to the middle order his replacement scored a half century and has not put a wrong foot since then. That is called making the most of your opportunites not bumbling and fumbling for 5 consecutive series and then whining to the media. And yes, as I said Sehwag should be our first middle order back up if there is no place at the top, not poster boy.
But u were pretty vocal in backing the axing of Sehwag citing his poor performances, werent u ? I just ask that u apply the same standards to everyone. Be it a Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly or a Laxman. If you judge them all by the same yardstick, you will agree that Yuvi does not deserve to be dropped.

I don't know why it is so common amongst Indians to confuse ODIs with Tests. They are NOT the same game, both quite different from each other. Just because you succeed in one doesn't mean you will succeed in the other! Look up Mikey Bevan for example. Or Ranatunga, Hansie Cronje, etc. All good/decent/excellent ODI bats who were mediocre/average in Tests. For one, I don't see what ODI form has to do with Test form. How many times have you seen someone struggling in Tests while being very good in ODIs at the same time or vice versa ? Many times, i should think. I for one do not think Yuvraj should get a shot at the test team unless he plays domestic Ranji games and does something extraordinary. Simply because, Yuvraj is not someone who is comfortable against spinners. Sure, he may clobber a few of them in ODIs but almost every spinner in ODIs bowls it full & flat with little loop,flight or spin. In tests, where spinners don't actually care if you jump down the tracks and clobber them and instead are busy setting up a trap for you, Yuvraj has always been very very shaky. Simply speaking, Yuvraj has shown nothing to merit a consistent run in Test cricket - his domestic first class record is very ordinary ( 42 average for an Indian domestic bat wanting to make it to the test team is very very mediocre) and so far, he's batted in tests nearly 30 times and his record is poor at best. Please do not confuse ODI/20-20 form with Test success- Yuvvy is simply not cut out to be a test cricketer. He is impatient, he cannot read spinners and he is easy to set up in tests. I realize that Sachin-Dravid-Gangu-Laxman quadrangle has to be broken for India's sake otherwise they will all walk out within six months of each other 3-4 years from now and India would promptly be fighting it out with West Indies for being the worst of the 'established' Test teams. I won't get in what should be the order of phasing out the big guns too much ( IMO, it should be tendulkar first, then Gangu, then Laxman and then Dravid) but Yuvraj has done nothing to deserve a crack at it at this stage. If anything, i'd rather have Rohit Sharma or Manoj Tiwary be tried out and given a consistent run in Tests before Yuvraj.

Yuvraj is in red hot form. This is the best time to play him' date=' when his confidence is sky high. Mark my words, two of the three among the geriatric trio will not cross an avg of 35 in these two series. But they would still go on & keep playing, without their form unquestioned. Why the double standards for Yuvraj & Sehwag ?[/quote'] Should he be played in tests if he continues his hot form or irrespective of how he performs in the next few matches?
He had two bad series, but so did everyone else (Laxman, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid) have all had two back to back bad series. Why pick out Yuvraj selectively for stick ?
Mentioning Yuvraj's name in the same sentence as Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, and even Ganguly is a joke. Those guys have years of performances to deserve a longer rope. What does poster boy have?
Why are we being so impatient on the best young batting talent in the country ?
That you think Yuvraj is the best talent in the country is your opinion and just that.
But u were pretty vocal in backing the axing of Sehwag citing his poor performances, werent u
Of course, I was. He deserved to be dropped.
Be it a Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly or a Laxman. If you judge them all by the same yardstick, you will agree that Yuvi does not deserve to be dropped.
Not everyone can be judged with the same yardstick. Long run performers deserve a longer rope, bumblers and fumblers a quick kick. Do you think Karthik would have got 3 series on the trot if he had failed in Cape Town. He would have been lucky to play one more.

We should give him a chance??? Or rather we should say, we should be ready to lose some test by giving him a chance. Yes agree but what do we see him doing?? I dont see any efforts by him proving that he has any intent to get into Test side. If I were him I would have played many 3-4 days FC games and played lots of spinners. We have very good 2-3 spinners. He should practice with them. Only then he can be considered. As Bongo said correct, I would try Rohit and Manoj ahead of Yuv. I hate to see not having even 2 players establish before these 4 phase out. Sad state of our test cricket but so true. From today on, we should tell TOP 4 that we will rotate you one by one. So each will play only 3 of the 4 test serieses. Play Rohit and Manoj in their places. After either is establish we should kick 1 senior out.

We should give him a chance??? Or rather we should say, we should be ready to lose some test by giving him a chance. Yes agree but what do we see him doing?? I dont see any efforts by him proving that he has any intent to get into Test side. If I were him I would have played many 3-4 days FC games and played lots of spinners. We have very good 2-3 spinners. He should practice with them. Only then he can be considered. As Bongo said correct, I would try Rohit and Manoj ahead of Yuv. I hate to see not having even 2 players establish before these 4 phase out. Sad state of our test cricket but so true. From today on, we should tell TOP 4 that we will rotate you one by one. So each will play only 3 of the 4 test serieses. Play Rohit and Manoj in their places. After either is establish we should kick 1 senior out.
i think yuvi has better mind then u bro...and i m sure he would practise spinners in the nets....talking abt him not playing test is big blow to india bez he is young guy...he would be much better cricketer then laxman since laxman is not fit at all....now if we talk abt manoj and rohit playing in test then its just doenst make sence bez s badrinath is way better then these two and i would say pick him over yuvi.....bezi saw him batting and that guy has some serious talent...

Everyone who disaproves of having Yuvi in the tests will be eating their words in the near future and I will be here to rub it in cuz its a certainty he will be in the test team sooner or later when the big 3 departs and it will be proved that he got class as a batsmen. But it will be a bloody waste of talent and time and we will realize that.