What is the point of marriage ? Why does it exist ?

varun

Simply speaking marriage is neccessary if you beleive in two words - settling down.
False. Off the top of my head, i can name atleast 10 couples- ranging form the age group of mid 20s to mid 60s, ranging from ethnic origins from Japanese to Americans, who have settled down, have been with their partner since they hooked up and never bothered getting married. Marriage is just a meaningless cerimony that most follow but some realize the pointlessness of and as a result, shun it.

Guest dada_rocks
It's amazing how people who have never been (dared to :D)married have so much to say about it! I can just say...Bandar kya jaane adrakh ka swaad!:P
She is right boys:two_thumbs_up:

False. Off the top of my head' date= i can name atleast 10 couples- ranging form the age group of mid 20s to mid 60s, ranging from ethnic origins from Japanese to Americans, who have settled down, have been with their partner since they hooked up and never bothered getting married. Marriage is just a meaningless cerimony that most follow but some realize the pointlessness of and as a result, shun it.
And I love you too Bongosamaj. :rose: My answer was strictly in terms of India and Indians. Generally speaking, and yes there would be exceptions, for Indians marriage is part of the whole settling down goalpost. I bet Varun would have heard something similar to this: "Arre padhai kar liya, ab job bhi hai, shaadi karke settle kyun nahin ho jaate? Ek ghar le lo, biwi bacche ho jaayenge, kab tak khud se khaana banaoge? Aur humko(meaning parents) bhi accha lagega na". By the way Japanese(you mentioned Japan) culture, of late, scares me. Japanese girls are head over heels about anything American, and Japanese chaps are hell bent on staying single and not getting married. Scary I tell you. xxx

Marriage is the best thing which can happen in the life of an Indian. We have institution of family in our culture....Marriage is not a contract for us. It's an eternal bond, leading to unity of two souls for well being of "Grihstha Ashram". The above may sound boring but it's true-- it provides a lot of stability for human life to grow further both socially as well as spiritual growth. Marriage ensures, we are getting our share of responsibility, carry out our prescribed duties and thus live a life with certain goals and ideals. Just My thoughts. On a lighter note, in UP, if someone is not getting married till say maximum by 28, they will say -- "aisan lagat hau ke, enke g@ndi hardee na laagey kaa":hysterical:

Marriage is the best thing which can happen in the life of an Indian. We have institution of family in our culture....Marriage is not a contract for us. It's an eternal bond, leading to unity of two souls for well being of "Grihstha Ashram". The above may sound boring but it's true-- it provides a lot of stability for human life to grow further both socially as well as spiritual growth. Marriage ensures, we are getting our share of responsibility, carry out our prescribed duties and thus live a life with certain goals and ideals. Just My thoughts. On a lighter note, in UP, if someone is not getting married till say maximum by 28, they will say -- "aisan lagat hau ke, enke g@ndi hardee na laagey kaa":hysterical:
Yaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnn ! :D

wife-beating is most rampant in Japan may be gals are scared of being thrashed by the idiot husbands:giggle:
I know, so strange considering Japanese girls are often the bomb!! That reminds me to go and put some Chinki pictures in tharki thread woohoo :eyedance:

Guest dada_rocks

Lurker Japan is very sexist society despite being developed educated and modern society. A girl child even today can't be heir of the Japanese throne. Tharka maharaj shaadi kar lo:giggle:

Lurker Japan is very sexist society despite being developed educated and modern society. A girl child even today can't be heir of the Japanese throne. Tharka maharaj shaadi kar lo
That is true. What is also true is that Japanese girls are possibly the wildest you can find in Asia. It is very common for a Japanese gal to have had multiple partners, and when I say multiple I dont mean 2 by the way. Seriously the concept of marriage is very much having issues in Japan. I am thinking ke shaadi ke pahle ek trip Tokyo ka bhi laga loon :embaressed_smile:

Guest dada_rocks
And what makes you think it is not rampant in India ?
Man do u have to put spanner in everything.. It's not what I think it's what the stat shows. My personal expereince nine out of ten aunties moms rule the roost in their homes, husbands are mere poodles, forget about beating the very thought of it might land them in trouble with their wives.:haha:

Guest dada_rocks
Aur DR ek family thread ko phir ban karayega? :angry_smile::angry_smile:
Kya kiya maine baap..:cantstop: Sriously if I juxtapose my commnets over many others ( my fav posters bo doubt) for instance in let us laugh at pakistan thread then I come of as a very sedate guy yet all the attention in ICf remains focussed on what I say:hysterical:

Guest dada_rocks
That is true. What is also true is that Japanese girls are possibly the wildest you can find in Asia. It is very common for a Japanese gal to have had multiple partners, and when I say multiple I dont mean 2 by the way. Seriously the concept of marriage is very much having issues in Japan. I am thinking ke shaadi ke pahle ek trip Tokyo ka bhi laga loon :embaressed_smile:
Quite knowledgable u are on that front :haha:

Ameen' date=' sum-ameen, mian.......(sunder kanyaaon ka netrabhojan kisi nahin bhaayegaa?) may allah bless you with 72 Japanese Goats.[/quote'] Arre Japanese goats ka lekar ghanta karoonga? Take a look in that tharki thread and see what I like :D By the way have any of you seen some of the game shows that come out of Japan? Man some of them are plain cuckoooo...:sad_smile::sad_smile: they do make some nice animations(and/or anime) but they also make a truckload of trash

It's a combination of things 1) Touch, Sensation and Sex: Yes - its a fact and if anyone denies it then they are lying. You need a person to cuddle with with, feel and offcourse sex is a natural requirement 2) Society - Especially Indian, everyone does and as part of life..you have to father somebody and its only suitable under the marriage umbrella 3) Solitude - You can enjoy your freedom as much as you want but then you can't be on the net all your life, you need that fight and argument to liven up your life. You need someone to know you as much as you know yourself, its like a guarantee card. Your spouse can assure or correct things which you normally have trouble accepting
Agree with [1]. on [2], more than society, it is the peer pressure. If most of your friends settle down, you will feel the need for a companion, as all your friends are busy with their wives. Man's gotta to have some support system. Else we will end up psychos or serial killers. If your friends are your support system, then you will feel the pinch, when they are not available. Unless you find a circle of friends that don't believe in marriages and they will be there for you all thru your life.