Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid, MSD, YS, IP, SS given township "flats"

fineleg

Private companies/individuals giving out money is fine. But the state govts are doling out tax payers money!!! What a waste?!?
agree...if some star struck fan wants to give clean money ...he is free to do so...but govt should think twice before it gives out money and the govt has to be fair to all sportspersons irrespective of the popularity of the game. Did we see the president ,PM ,soniaji scream out congratulations to World champion V.Anand?

There are some luxury homes/villas/townships around Bangalore which have advertised that most national cricketers have purchased/awarded land in those developments. They would have got deals to endorse the product and gullible janta will buy land there in premium rates much more than the actual land price.

agree...if some star struck fan wants to give clean money ...he is free to do so...but govt should think twice before it gives out money and the govt has to be fair to all sportspersons irrespective of the popularity of the game. Did we see the president ,PM ,soniaji scream out congratulations to World champion V.Anand?
he probably makes more than most of the cricketers by the way.
he probably makes more than most of the cricketers by the way.
Anand did make about 1.5 crores, (390,000 USD) for this win. Not sure if he makes money through ads and stuff, though I do remember him partnering with NIIT.
The Indian had previously won the world championship in 2000, but the achievement was valued less since at the time the chess world was split between two rival world titles. As champion he gets a prize of 390,000 dollars.
http://news.sawf.org/Lifestyle/42950.aspx xxx

Monaco would be costly Yoda. I wouldnt mind Anand making money, just as I did not mind Paes and Bhupathy(now Sania) making money. However all these sportsmen(or women) earn their living mostly through prize money. In case of cricket players it is the "extras" that are doled by Corporates and State Governments that pi$$es off people, myself included.